• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] HO HO HO Quest

DeletedUser

Looking for help on how to go about deleting 3 military units per the 7th Frosty quest. I sold the building with 3 trained units and that didn't work....

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind. I'm an idiot.

DeletedUser2760

go to troop management tab
select 3 troops like you would to put them in action
but then hit the X button in center right under the cross button that heals
it will ask if you are sure you want to delete them say yes
then go back to city and rebuild them
I did it with slingers but if u have spearman they are cheaper and rebuild faster

DeletedUser2988

I just completed the 10 quests, collected my reward of Santa's portrait, but I can't find it anywhere. Are we supposed to be able to use it?

DeletedUser

If you click on your town hall and go to profiile, it should be first in your available profile pics. If it hasn't shown up yet try refreshing. Santa can be quite elusive sometimes :p

DeletedUser2988

If you click on your town hall and go to profiile, it should be first in your available profile pics. If it hasn't shown up yet try refreshing. Santa can be quite elusive sometimes :p

Yep, that worked. I forgot how often a refresh is needed. Thanks

DeletedUser1862

The current quest (conquer a sector or research a military tech) is completely unfair. I lost my defense squad because I have only an early barracks for other troops, and I'm no where near getting a military tech started, much less completed in the next few days. I tried to fill it with negotiation tactics, and no luck (even after a refresh).
This is a quest for military-minded players, of which I am not one, and don't plan to be, so how am I supposed to complete it?
The other quests had several 'sneaky' ways around it, are there any for this one, because otherwise I might have to miss out.

DeletedUser2760

does today's quest mean entire land section or just one sector because i just paid for military tech yesterday dumb luck and there is no way I win more than one sector if can even pull that off

DeletedUser2742

It either means entire country or you really have to conquer a sector by fighting I just negotiated a sector to no avail

DeletedUser1862

It either means entire country or you really have to conquer a sector by fighting I just negotiated a sector to no avail
I negotiated a sector too, it ended up that it was the last sector, but still didn't complete the quest.

DeletedUser2742

Nope this is wher it ends for me if you can negotiate I can't complete
BaaFNHumbug

- - - Updated - - -

I lost all my troops trying will take 20 hrs to recoup thanks alot DEVS

- - - Updated - - -

And we cant skip it either

DeletedUser2711

My roadblock for this one is the timing. Sunday... towers have closed... a battle where the points won't count toward a tower...
That was not the best of timing for me. BUT! I can always conquer a sector tomorrow when the towers have opened.

I do have a question though. If one is unable to complete this quest before the next one would normally be available, can we catch up?

DeletedUser2760

You probably can goes until Jan 6 but like maiversen I cant beat these troops in the sectors I haven't for ages I always negotiate :evil:
This blows

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I had just taken a sector a couple hours before the quest...:(

it will be days for my next military tech and I'm not sure I can capture another territory without it.(gotta wait for the scout to get there to know for sure)

edited:

scout came back with good info, the sector fell to my current level of troops. so this quest only cost 10k+ for the scout and a couple light infantry cannon fodder.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1862

I do have a question though. If one is unable to complete this quest before the next one would normally be available, can we catch up?

One of the previous quests I took over a day to complete and the next one came up normally, so I think it's in the que, it's just whether we can see it or not.

DeletedUser2145

You can't negotiate for this one, you have to take it by force --- attack and win. If you've been taking territories faster than you've been progressing with your age, it might be hard to achieve this if the territories you see at the moment are an age ahead of you. But it's not impossible, I've fought at least several territories with lower age units.

If you cannot achieve that, there's always the possibility to research a military tech. You don't have to complete the quest right away, that's why we're given up till the 6th of January to finish them all.

DeletedUser1862

If you cannot achieve that, there's always the possibility to research a military tech. You don't have to complete the quest right away, that's why we're given up till the 6th of January to finish them all.
I noted that, this quest gives an unfair advantage to earlier ages and a huge stopblock to those in later ages on both sides of the coin. Sectors are easier to take, and techs are easier to complete earlier.
I'm lucky in that I have a military tech available, but even best estimate is going to mean three more days of working solely on this quest for techs, and I already had two other tech-quests running, plus being a help to neighbors great buildings and trade, it's a severe penalty on me for my playstyle.

DeletedUser

The holiday quests definitely queue up. I started a second city on another server 15 days into December. That city was able to catch up on all the quests with Frosty to the current day. Good news for me as my primary city is going to run over by a bit researching a military tech.