• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

City Defense Army has Second Wave

DeletedUser26154

Proposal
City Defense Armies have a Second Wave.

Current System
Just one wave.
Too easy to beat.

Details
Just like G.E. and the Continent map, City Defense Army has two waves the attacker must beat.

Abuse Prevention
I'm sure Abuse Potential lurks everywhere.
Please discuss below.

Visual Aids
Imagine two waves of defenders protecting your city.

Conclusion
Why not?
We need a challenge.

DeletedUser8152

This is kind of interesting, but I don't see how it doesn't run afoul of the do-not-suggest restriction on changes to the plundering system. I will move it to Forge Hall though for further discussion, maybe there is variation that could work.

Mustapha00

Well, there has been a fair number of changes made to the Plundering system, though the changes have been made by Inno without any obvious player input, so that might be how they've circumvented their own rules regarding this "do-not-suggest" restriction.

Example: City Shields, as can be purchased from your Tavern. Did that not significantly change the Plundering system? Obviously, yes it did...but, because it was Inno's idea, it did not run afoul of the 'banned topics list and'was implemented.

Suggestion: get rid of the "do-not-suggest" list entirely. Inno picks and chooses which player suggestions to act upon as it is, so no huge change there, save that some creative players might come up with some creative ideas to make PvP more challenging.

DeletedUser

I'm surprised Inno hasn't already done this. Two wave defenses are a bonanza for Diamond spending. Who hasn't healed at least one unit between battles, and most of us probably many more than one. LOL

DeletedUser26120

I'm in support of this idea if city defense percentages are capped.

Otherwise no. We all have seen 95% power two-wave armies on GE4. That's way too much for city defense without some sort of change.

Routinely run into 150+ def and there are several with 200+ and one with 400+

DeletedUser24787

i vote no

edited to alter vote choice to NO

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26154

but I don't see how it doesn't run afoul of the do-not-suggest restriction on changes to the plundering system.

I guess it does, indirectly.
I didn't think of it that way.

i vote yes i like this idea more points

More points too is something I didn't think about.
Still, fun to ponder and contemplate a more-realistic situation defending your city.

Routinely run into 150+ def and there are several with 200+ and one with 400+

This is true.

583f212bae5f02a4095b8cfda2499c53.png

It's not easy getting there.

Well, there has been a fair number of changes made to the Plundering system, though the changes have been made by Inno without any obvious player input, so that might be how they've circumvented their own rules regarding this "do-not-suggest" restriction.

They do not have a "Do not suggest list" among their own Development Staff, in the same respects we the players do.

Suggestion: get rid of the "do-not-suggest" list entirely.

No, because every other proposal will be about adding expansions beyond what is intended.

Otherwise no. We all have seen 95% power two-wave armies on GE4. That's way too much for city defense without some sort of change.

Oh well, just a thought.

DeletedUser8394

Yes. All continent maps from PME and higher as well as GEX battles are 2 waves. Once your in PME you should be able to put up 2 waves of D troops

DeletedUser25273

If it get credit as the 2 wave battles in GE, then one great defense would be a full power defense in the 1st wave, and then just a single spear fighter wave two to deny points (as you get twice the points of the second wave, and the first wave has no effect on points).

DeletedUser27051

What if you could buy a temporary 2nd wave from the tavern? You could have 3 choices, the lowest having the lowest cost and least amount of troops while the higher priced option gives you more time plus more troops. The middle option would be somewhere in between.

DeletedUser24787

What if you could buy a temporary 2nd wave from the tavern?
this is a interesting idea but the abuse for hoodmates in cahoots is likely vs everyone having constant overall access to it but the idea is creative to use tavern as a medium

DeletedUser8152

What if you could buy a temporary 2nd wave from the tavern? You could have 3 choices, the lowest having the lowest cost and least amount of troops while the higher priced option gives you more time plus more troops. The middle option would be somewhere in between.
I like that idea better than the current defense boost option :)

ODragon

It could be part of a GB, maybe if they were to redo the Colosseum or something else.

One extra defense slot (in a second wave) for every 4 levels, maxing at 8 slots (lv 29 building).

DeletedUser29407

Or have to "train slots" just like units. Each age you can "train" up to 8 unit slots. And have it that if you are in LMA and have only trained up to 8 HMA slots than you can only put HMA or lower units in the 2nd wave