• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Conquering Colonial sector

DeletedUser2760

<br>
<br>
If you had saved the forge points from Frosty, you would have been guaranteed first place in any building at no cost. Frosty has given out a total of 25 forge points. The most FP required for any building is 50, thereby assuring you a piece of the blueprint for that building. I know enthusiasm can cloud judgement, but is there really an advantage in Great Buildings? Agreed once you have the levels maxed out, they produce with no additional cost. But if you add up all the goods required for the GB, you would have enough, or almost enough, goods to complete the game. While the defense boost is good, it is still possible to conquer enhanced armies. Four of the mixed colonial provinces, including some enhanced, were taken with LMA troops. The goal of the game is to get your empire to the end of the ages, whatever that might end up being. Wasting resources will only slow down that progression. With a grand total of 3 pieces found or quested, I think I will wait it out.

For frosty 17th quest conquer sector I have to try to conquer Colonial sector I have LMA troops and have failed 3 times can I get some advice?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The army you chose depends on what army you are facing. For most of those sectors, I usually used 1 additional Long range (trebuchet since I didn't bother with cannon), 3 or 4 GSW, and longbow. On most of the maps, there was 2 water obstacles/swamp where I could draw my line with GSW to protect my ranged units. If the sector had horse, I would concentrate on them, after the long range, because their movement is a problem. Once the line started to break down, scatter your longbow (The AI has to make a choice which one to follow) using terrain. Sacrifice the trebs, since they lost a lot of their usefulness once you took out the AI long range. Don't forget to try and keep your GSW in bush/tree. Whenever possible without compromising their position, place the longbow on the rocks for the extra +1 kick. Watch the retaliation to attack ratio. Sometimes it is better to put a unit next to the AI to block or accept the kill rather than attacking using up one of its strikes. Keep the AI running. DON'T FORGET TO INFILTRATE!

DeletedUser1715

First off: Please, please, PLEASE, understand that I say this in the most loving, concerned and kind way, when I give this advice:

"Learn to Play!"

Now, let me explain in a more constructive manner, so I don't come off as just another Internet pain ...
Study the troops you plan to attack. Study the troops that would be best to counter them. Study the terrain on which you fight.

Short (and real) story: after months of playing, and a half-hour of study (I should get a certificate, or something! :laugh: ), I used EMA and HMA troops (four Catapults, two Trebs, a Knight and a Mounted Archer) to take down eight LMA troops - two Heavy Cavalry and six Imperial Guard. I probably would have done better with Crossbowman and Berserkers, but I didn't have those on hand. What I did was run my horse units from top to bottom of the map to taunt the other troops to follow, giving my long-range troops time to pick off his horse. Then, I used the rest of my troops to sacrifice the weaker ones, while the stronger ones stayed alive long enough to kill the rest.

I had one Hill to boost my long-range power; I sat a Treb on it, until the Impis started carving them up for kindling. Then, I sat a Cat on it, and shuffled my Trebs over to the other side of the map. While they took the time to take apart the Cat, I kept inching along and firing my Treb. I also made sure to attack the Impis when they weren't lurking in fresh grass, concentrating fire on ones farther off, if I had to.

The point is, all of the troops have advantages and disadvantages - exploit your enemy's disadvantages, and cover for your own. It's much easier when playing against map armies, since you can Surrender, change who's in your army, and then go right back in without waiting...or worrying that your opponent has changed, too.

DeletedUser2760

thank you gimccla, but jack wagon BMEph is right I need to learn to fight better. But as for his battle scenario, it does not pertain becaused I asked how to win Colonial sector not LMA. so I guess I 'll just fail and not stress over it

DeletedUser2860

Serf it is extremely difficult to take out CA troops with anything other than CA troops, they are just far superior to LMA, and HMA and below dont even get a look in. Trebs will takeout Field guns ok, but the Field Guns get first shot. Trebs have a good chance against Musketeers, but wont even put a dint in Grenadiars or Dragons. Ranger have an invisible character to them, so they hide in the trees and you cant touch them. Longbows arent bad but you need at least 3 hits to take out a Ranger, they wont even hurt a Dragon, and you can't even put a dint in grenadiars but they all have superior movement so there on top of you before you know it. You really need to wait until you get CA troops, if you follow the quest you should get 2 Musketeers and 5 grenadiars at the end of the LMA era. Otherwise a GB at 30% will give you a good chance at defeating most of them.