• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

5th Anniversary Feedback

DeletedUser26120

So the Garden is a 3x3 that does not require roads? Wikia says road required for king/queen but no such note on Garden page.

forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Garden_Ruins (would have used strikeout here if coulda)

https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Garden_Ruins

That gives quite a bit of flexibility. Much easier to fit a 7x? (stacked vertically) with other buildings and use 1x1s to fill it out if needed.

DeletedUser25273

They won't fully work put in a line, as each building needs to touch the other two to get full benefits, so the final shape is roughly 5x4 or 4x5 with 3 open spots, still somewhat flexable

DeletedUser10089

In order to finish the 5th anniversary event I was forced to plunder 3 players
2 of whom had almost all their buildings plundered - I protest!!!!! Having a game where it is possible to cripple other players to such an extend that playing is impossible makes me sick - but it was plunder or dont finish - due to the way the quest was set up - that is unacceptable.

DeletedUser10806

2 of whom had almost all their buildings plundered - I protest!!!!! Having a game where it is possible to cripple other players to such an extend that playing is impossible makes me sick - but it was plunder or dont finish - due to the way the quest was set up - that is unacceptable.
Sheeesh - say a few Hail Marys' or send them a message apologizing and offer to donate FPs to their GBs

DeletedUser26965

3 years and just figuring out people can get plundered? Did you also know you can strike deals with people and write your neighbors to make a deal to plunder each other?

This
120px-X_OceanicFuture_Landmark1.jpg
+ plunder this
120px-Terracefarm.png
= good times;)

Maybe instead of apologizing and giving them fp's you can send them this Understanding Why You are Attacked and Plundered and What to Do About It they would be better off that way.

DeletedUser

but it was plunder or dont finish - due to the way the quest was set up - that is unacceptable.

Madame Fortuna:
"Recruit 2 units from your current era or 3 from the previous era" and "Gain control over a province or plunder 3 buildings"
You had the option to gain control over a province. Prior planning would have made this real easy.

DeletedUser27077

What ??? No portrait of a birthday cake as extra price ? Inno dropped the ball on that one, lol

DeletedUser26120

They won't fully work put in a line, as each building needs to touch the other two to get full benefits, so the final shape is roughly 5x4 or 4x5 with 3 open spots, still somewhat flexable
Incorrect. You can watch their 5th anniversary video on youtube and that's exactly how they place it (vertically, like I said) - you see the bonuses going off too.

DeletedUser

Incorrect. You can watch their 5th anniversary video on youtube and that's exactly how they place it (vertically, like I said) - you see the bonuses going off too.
No, he is correct. In the youtube video, you only saw the king and queen get 1 additional bonus, whereas they are eligible for 2 additional bonuses if correctly placed, not in a straight line, but each one touching the other two.

DeletedUser20367

Yes, it does show the bonuses going off. 1 bonus each for the King & Queen and 2 for the Ruins but the King and Queen also have a 2nd bonus if they touch two buildings each. The only way for all three pieces to get the two bonuses is to place the King and Queen side by side with the Ruins touching both.

DeletedUser26120

Oh :(

I am complaining that the "events" have become a drudgery. Too many of them and they are no longer fun. Like a diet of donuts.
Homer Simpson instantly came to mind - that episode where he sold his soul for a donut haha.

DeletedUser3679

Madame Fortuna: "Recruit 2 units from your current era or 3 from the previous era" and "Gain control over a province or plunder 3 buildings" You had the option to gain control over a province. Prior planning would have made this real easy.

Plenty members in our guild have taken all continent sectors prior to the start of this event, and thus have to plunder to finish the event.

DeletedUser25427

Calm down, no-one actually got hurt. This is just a game after all.

DeletedUser26120

1 thing posts on this forum has taught me is that if I make it to Future Era and want to stay, then I should leave most tech unresearched if I want to be able to do events lol.

DeletedUser3345

I never got the garden ruins and I have finished the quest. Did I miss something?