• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Get your first two great buildings in less than a month

Darth Mole

Here's my city after approx 3.5 days. Hopefully it comes out.
Moley

Attachments

• Mole.jpg
    Mole.jpg
    771.4 KB · Views: 106

Algona

The best reason is BP hunting through Aid. Tell you're guildies you'll be back in a week or two friends a couple to help you level your GBs. Just put you;re FPs into your Zeus.

Continue the grind of Guild Hopping, if you want to speed the process you should be able to add unbirthday to each loop.

An extra week means dozens more BPs. You'll save a lot of time, effort, and FPs further down the road not having to acquire those BPs.

Ot go into Iron Age and start kicking GE ass, Let us know what you decide. Good luck!

DeletedUser28670

Algona is right: the next "Great Age" for Quest Looping isn't until the HMA. Stay a while in BA, it'll pay off with useful fp packs, BPs and other stuff. It will save you a lot of time later on. On the other hand, going to the IA has many benefits: better quest rewards, and most importantly Great Building Donations but much larger loop buildings. That means that you will do a lot less quests from Butchers in the IA. However, IA can be GREAT just because you can donate to GBs. I'm planning to stay in IA for a good 2 months yet, pouring all my fps into a player's Arc... and if I'm lucky, even building the Arc. Sorry, I'm off topic. Choices: Stay in BA, make good of the excellent recurring quests, guild hop, gain extra BPs, resources, and fp packs. On the other hand, go to IA, donate like a crazy maniac, make lots of medals, specific blueprints, but at the cost of fps and slower development of your own GBs. Which one is better? Your decision!

Darth Mole

Aaarrrrgghhhh - decisions, decisions!
Forgot about the repeatable quests being with bigger bdgs in IA.
Really appreciate your input chaps and I'll probably stay in BA - but what to do with FPs if I can't donate them - just plow them into my own Zeus?

Algona

One possibility of this wonderful Guide that I've explored the last two weeks..

STAY IN BRONZE AGE as long as you can stand it. If you have at least one GB and cam stand the dual grinds of Guild Hopping and 2 Helmet Recurring Quests you will be really well prepared for the next few Eras.

I know this is contrary to CR's great Heavy Questing Guide, but this allows you the flexibility to opt out of Heavy Questing and progess in game as you see fit.

Dump your FPs into your GBs. Mo' levels, mo' better. No, not your Inventory FPs, save those for later Eras; whether tech sprinting, Events, or sniping GBs. Don't forget to set the 8 FP RC when dumping..

Build up your Friends list and Tavern.. Don't waste slots on your Friends list with BA folk, leave them as Neighbors for more potential Aid targets. Friends high Era people with good tablecloths you meet while Guild Hopping. More FPs from visiting Taverns to dump into your GBs. The extra Aids from Friends help you garner more Coins and Supplies and assures Happiness. The extra Aids you get to give to Friends help with more 1800 Coins and random BPs. I stopped at 75 Friends, but that's my style.

Aid your neighbors
, again, more 1800 Coins and random BPs. The few Medals from fighting ain't worth lost troops or time. Unless you enjoy BA fighting.

Keep Guild Hopping multiple times every day to keep triggering 1800 Coins, stockpile Coins, and garner random BPs. i was able to Guild Hop enough each day to trigger an additional 5 1800 Coins and never ran out of Guilds to join, YMMV. I stopped in any Guild with 15 or more members. Pause in each Guild to check for Trades. Once you have your GBs up and a hundred of each BA Goods start trading up for higher Era Goods. Park in a 60+ Guild overnight for additional Aids to your city. As I Guild Hopped, I looked before I joined a Guild and noted the names of those with high enough level to give FPs and skipped them to come back later and park pvernight or just before Town Hall collection.

Keep grinding those 30+ blacksmiths. You'll be able to stockpile Supplies as well as the Recurring Quests.

Keep houses hooked up to roads. Mo' Coins; mo' Unbirthdays, mo' better.

The Reasoning: By maintianing a high Coin income and assuring lots of Supplies from motivated Blacksmiths I was able to do Unbirthdays at will and still add to my stockpile of Coins and Supplies.

The Payoff: 50 Recurring Quests per day. 15+ 2 Helmets, 10+ 1800 Coins, 3 8 FPs, and all the Unbirthdays you want.

In my city I gave up the Grind yesterday. After 2 weeks I was at:

lvl 5 Zeus, lvl 2 Babel (took over 30 BPs to get there!), over 50 other BPs. only needing 2 for CdM, 3, for Coa, 4 for LoA and SMB.

210 Inentory FPs. 750 BA Goods, 150 IA Goods. 160K Coins, 75K Supplies.

80 Diamonds, 2 Medals Expansions and 3/4 of the way to the next.

What happens if I keep grinding? Besided carpal tunnel, nightmares of helmets, and terminal ennui?

50 Quests per day averages 75 BA Goods, 4500 Coins, 4500 Supplies, 4 useless BPs, 15 Inventory FPs, and 20 Medals per day. All unplunderable. In addition there is the production of the city itself.

Per. Day.

Damn... Maybe I should stay another week?

But wait! There's more! Staying in BA dices, slices, produces Julian Fries 7 different ways! No, wait, that;s not right.

I'm a free roller, a cheapskate if you will. Replacing most of the Blacksmiths with 2 Potteries and 5 Fruit Farms (1 motivated enthusiastic Fruit Farm produces over 1500 Supplies.. Useful, eh?) i can chase 3 more RCs for Diamonds. And stockpile more resources for the future. I'll spend a week on that while prepping for my entry into IA, just after GE starts next Tuesday for time to get ready for the following week's GE. And adding a couple levels to Babel ot Zeus. And still gronduing a dozen to 20 RCs oer day. .And getting settled into my new Guild.

Where I'll be ready to kick ass.

Thanks, Glarg! Damn, I miss him.

Last edited:

DeletedUser25273

I personally would jump from BA to IA just BEFORE GE starts rather than just after, unless you are stopping in a guild with a very significant GE requirements. Siince you are fiighting BA units without boosts in the first level of GE, you should be able to complete that, and get some good rewards, like some quick IA units.

Algona

I personally would jump from BA to IA just BEFORE GE starts rather than just after, unless you are stopping in a guild with a very significant GE requirements. Siince you are fiighting BA units without boosts in the first level of GE, you should be able to complete that, and get some good rewards, like some quick IA units.

I agree boss, but I stumbled on a pretty strong Guild. Well established top 50 of this world, 90% Gold and Silver in GEC. I don;t want to bring down the curve 5 fays is just a little short a time to get as prepared as Iwould like to be, 12 days to settle into IA acquire techs for Expansions and Troops will be fine, snd I'll be ready to contribute.

I plan to be in IA for a while and figure out what what IA GE is like. I'll be chasing three GBs, LoA, ToR, and Obs,

My only other city was in Prog when GE came out, so time to learn GE from the bottom up.

Lesson for all you Guild managers out there. Turn off Auto-Join, My new Guild had Auto Join on and look what happened to them.

Algona

And a followup. I entered Iron Age yesterday as planned.

I had pre paid the first three techs and so will have Archers tomorrow and Legionnaires two days later, well in time for GE start next week. Combined with the lvl 6 Zeus I'm looking forward to the adventure.

I do wish I had continued Guild Hopping for another week, I wound up one BP short on CdM, 3 short on LoA and CoA. But... IA Aid pays 50 Coins. Coins Recurring Quest is 6000. I could go Hopping for a week and shop for more BPs and nail 3-4 RCs per day.... Prolly not.

One spinoff I did not foresee, having a stockpile of 250+ FP is huge for sniping friend and neighbor GBs for profit. Few others have the resources for now. Resisting the urge to spend Inventory FPs otherwise Both on tech advance and the real temptation: I can buy tpp slot on an Arc for 100 FP getting 30 back and getting enough Medals for an expansion. Must resisit... Patience...

Do you think trading 70 inventory FP for a Medals Expansion I'll earn in a few weeks is a mistake?

250K Coins and 150K supplies makes building upgrades painless, 1000 BA and 200 IA Goods is a nice foundation, lvl 3 Babel helps. I wound up getting 100 Diamonds as well.

Glarg's Guide is insanely good. Throw in lurking in BA grinfing 2 Helmets and Guild Hopping for a month and it's sickly insane. Well worth the tedium in hindsight, maybe not while enduring it.

The plan for Iron Age is to use conventional game play. Stockpile IA Goods through Babel and Goods Buildings. Finish most of the tech tree, then get Lighthouse and Obs (guild requirement and nice to have anyway). Mostly focusing on GE and finding out how difficult and profitable it is w/o a Traz or Rogues. CoA and CdM? Can you imagine IA GE with those two? No room for barracks! ToR, maybe, depending on how hard I suck at GE.

I'll let you know how IA GE goes.

P.S. I'm in Rugnir if you want to stop by and say howdy. Pardon the mess while I clean up the transition.

Last edited:

DeletedUser29206

The plan for Iron Age is to use conventional game play. Stockpile IA Goods through Babel and Goods Buildings. Finish most of the tech tree, then get Lighthouse and Obs (guild requirement and nice to have anyway). Mostly focusing on GE and finding out how difficult and profitable it is w/o a Traz or Rogues. CoA and CdM? Can you imagine IA GE with those two? No room for barracks! ToR, maybe, depending on how hard I suck at GE.

I'll let you know how IA GE goes.

P.S. I'm in Rugnir if you want to stop by and say howdy. Pardon the mess while I clean up the transition.

a quick nooblet question... how do you get OBS blueprints??? -- I have been guild hopping like crazy and still do not have a single piece of this thing. Three pages worth of BP portions everything from Zeus to Cape Canaveral, but no observatory. The only full BP so far is Zeus, am i just not getting the luck of the draw or missing something? Currently camping out in early middle ages and reading the guides . Also a bit confused, are you able to build GBs above your current age if you have the resources and BP??

DeletedUser8152

You only get Obs BPs from (a) rewards from helping to level another Obs or (b) special event prizes. You cannot get them from regular aiding or random BP rewards.

And you can build any GB that you have the blueprints and goods for.

DeletedUser29206

You only get Obs BPs from (a) rewards from helping to level another Obs or (b) special event prizes. You cannot get them from regular aiding or random BP rewards.

And you can build any GB that you have the blueprints and goods for.

thanx jaelis!

now to make a list of acronyms and get them properly defined... :)

DeletedUser28670

a quick nooblet question... how do you get OBS blueprints??? -- I have been guild hopping like crazy and still do not have a single piece of this thing. Three pages worth of BP portions everything from Zeus to Cape Canaveral, but no observatory. The only full BP so far is Zeus, am i just not getting the luck of the draw or missing something? Currently camping out in early middle ages and reading the guides . Also a bit confused, are you able to build GBs above your current age if you have the resources and BP??
You are allowed to build a GB above your current era- I.E I was in IA when I built my SmB.

Algona

GE starts tomorrow, I'm ready although i would like to have Mounted Warriors, but they are still two days away.

Finished Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Event in about 10 hours. I spent a lot of Inventory FPs, but still have 285 with another 90 locked as rewards in GBs. As I said, having a surplus of FPs = succesful sniping.

The Lord's Manor (good Pop, great Coins!) looks sweet tucked in between Babel and the new CoA. I got lucky with a 3 BP snipe filling 2 of the missing 3 BPs and got the last on the first BP trade. Makes up for the all the trades I missed on Babel. thanks to Ardak for selling me the Goods at a great price.

Able to complete about a dozen Recurring Quests per day, mostly Coins. Having to hold off on UBP but have scored 4 x 20 Diamonds. i expect the number of daily RCs to go up when I stabilize in this age.

285 FP, 250 K Coins, 120 K Supplies, 750 BA + 400 IA Goods.

City looks nice now. Swing by for a beer, 3 taverns and a Tavern to choose from.

Still chasing LoA, still 3 missing BPs but got a lot cooking that way.

Not bad for 6 days in Iron Age.

Zeus + CoA gives me 21% heading into GE tomorrow. Prolly get my hiney whupped.

Last edited:

Algona

Zeus + CoA gives me 21% heading into GE tomorrow. Prolly get my hiney whupped.

Ugh. I am awful bad stinky at fighting. 24% bonus and I stalled at Encounter 24. I just could not punch through it. I am the suckiest suck that ever sucked. Ive got two sets of all barracks excpry Ballista, I'm against mostly BA troops, 24% bonus and I still get my ass handed to me. There's something I'm not getting. Whether I need to deploy some Ballista or I just donlt understand some fundamental of IA c BA fighting. No, I donlt want advice, I'll figure it out.

Otherwise city is progressing well, Just starting week 3 in Iron Age. Got the LoA for a totla of 4 GBs, now chasing the last CdM BP and eyeing Traz BPs, I had 3 when I was done Hopping. The ntion of Traz + all three attack GBs and Traz in Iwon Aidis pretty crazy.

475 Inventory FPs. 180 Diamonds farmed. 750 BA, 650 IA, 250 EMA Goods. 4 techs left, no hurry on those. I'll move to EMA after I score 40 more Diamonds, I need the room and maybe I'll be able to figure out EMA fighting. Doubtful. Settled into a top 50 Guild. I'm ruunning a fozen Recurring Quest per dau.

I'll post again when something interesting happens.

So anyway, the Glarg startup + Guild Hopping for 2+ weeks does pay off.

DeletedUser

Ugh. I am awful bad stinky at fighting. 24% bonus and I stalled at Encounter 24. I just could not punch through it. I am the suckiest suck that ever sucked. Ive got two sets of all barracks excpry Ballista, I'm against mostly BA troops, 24% bonus and I still get my ass handed to me. There's something I'm not getting. Whether I need to deploy some Ballista or I just donlt understand some fundamental of IA c BA fighting. No, I donlt want advice, I'll figure it out.

Otherwise city is progressing well, Just starting week 3 in Iron Age. Got the LoA for a totla of 4 GBs, now chasing the last CdM BP and eyeing Traz BPs, I had 3 when I was done Hopping. The ntion of Traz + all three attack GBs and Traz in Iwon Aidis pretty crazy.

475 Inventory FPs. 180 Diamonds farmed. 750 BA, 650 IA, 250 EMA Goods. 4 techs left, no hurry on those. I'll move to EMA after I score 40 more Diamonds, I need the room and maybe I'll be able to figure out EMA fighting. Doubtful. Settled into a top 50 Guild. I'm ruunning a fozen Recurring Quest per dau.

I'll post again when something interesting happens.

So anyway, the Glarg startup + Guild Hopping for 2+ weeks does pay off.
I know you said no advice, but I have 2 words for you: Archers and Ballista. Should make mincemeat of any and all BA troops. :cool: