• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Rogues need to be limited

DeletedUser26965

Would be a good start. On the Continent Map, they basically ignore the Rogues if there is a regular unit in range, which completely negates the Rogue's "Secret Identity" special ability. If they took out any bias in the programming for/against hitting Rogues, it might work and strike at least a semblance of balance between offense and defense. I would like them to take out the bias against Rogues on the Continent Map, too. There's really no justification (at least in my mind) for having one battle system in the game so different from the others.
I agree, there should be variability to all of them and not often so heavy one way or the other.

cbalto1927

Would be a good start. On the Continent Map, they basically ignore the Rogues if there is a regular unit in range, which completely negates the Rogue's "Secret Identity" special ability. If they took out any bias in the programming for/against hitting Rogues, it might work and strike at least a semblance of balance between offense and defense. I would like them to take out the bias against Rogues on the Continent Map, too. There's really no justification (at least in my mind) for having one battle system in the game so different from the others.

I agree, Let's make the battle system standard on all methods such as PVP, GE, and Continent Maps. To OP or anyone to suggest to make or motify the proposal to Make Battle system standard throughout the game if possible.

Algona

Disagreed that Rogues are OP in GvG. Having to win 10 fights to kill one defending Army means the loss of dozens if not more. Having to actually fight each fight? Are you kidding? I did that two years ago, it's mind wrackingly boring, up there with grinding Recerring Quests.,..

Disagreed that Rogues are OP in GE. I dunno about you, but while I breeze through the first 2.5 lvls of GE, it gets pretty brutal from there on in my main city. In my Trazless Rogueless startuo the slogging starts at ilvl 2. Could be my awful fighting. But most of my low Era guildies in both worlds rarely get to lvl 2 fighting.

I will agree that PvP the AI should be looked at. But only if you think that killing plundering is good for the game. I don't.

agree, Let's make the battle system standard on all methods such as PVP, GE, and Continent Maps. To OP or anyone to suggest to make or motify the proposal to Make Battle system standard throughout the game if possible.

Why does it have to be consistent? Just for the sake of consistency? Are we going to make all fights as tough as Continent?

That would either require a complete reengineering of GvG and the complete redesign of GE defenses, and the essential abandonement of plundering, or...

What? What happesn when you start messing with Rogues and the AI?

I donlt think you folk are thinking this through. You;re talking fundamental changes to the game. Is this really a good idea?

Can someone explain why this would be good for the game?

DeletedUser26120

I donlt think you folk are thinking this through. You;re talking fundamental changes to the game. Is this really a good idea?

Can someone explain why this would be good for the game?
Indeed. I'd imagine, at the minimum, that 95%+ of the people who support this are simply trying to change the game so they can't get plundered.

In fact, in the past couple days, I've been back and forth with a hoodie on messages. She kept trying to convince me that plundering was bad and that if I plundered people online then I was probably a bad person in real life too - all kinds of stuff like that.

It's just people not wanting to get plundered. It's as simple as that.

But that's dumb. You don't go into call of duty and ask for weaker weapons so you can survive better. Same concept here.

DeletedUser26120

I disagree with the need for consistency. Continent map can be viewed as a separate arena from gvg/ge/hood and thus acts differently.

I don't see the problem here - just people wanting things easier imo. It's a win-win situation actually.

If they change ge/hoods/gvg to match continent map then people supporting this proposal will benefit from not being plundered. Or at least it won't be so easy anymore.

If they change continent map to match ge/hoods/gvg then people supporting this proposal will benefit from an easier continent map.

See? It's all about making the game easier both ways and as Jaelis has often pointed out, that's not the best way to operate.

DeletedUser26965

just people wanting things easier imo
Nah, that's the people who want to keep facerolling over neighbors, players like me recognize it's a problem and would like some correction.

Or at least it won't be so easy anymore
exactly, earn it

See? It's all about making the game easier both ways and as Jaelis has often pointed out, that's not the best way to operate.
In any game, especially one that seeks profit as well, too easy is a bad thing, too hard is a bad thing

DeletedUser26120

You've just made my case for me.

In your own words, you want to not be plundered.

DeletedUser

I disagree with the need for consistency. Continent map can be viewed as a separate arena from gvg/ge/hood and thus acts differently.

I don't see the problem here - just people wanting things easier imo. It's a win-win situation actually.

If they change ge/hoods/gvg to match continent map then people supporting this proposal will benefit from not being plundered. Or at least it won't be so easy anymore.

If they change continent map to match ge/hoods/gvg then people supporting this proposal will benefit from an easier continent map.

If you look at my proposal about this issue, it is to change both to a middle ground, not change one to match the other. And I am a huge plunderer on my main world, so this has nothing to do with being plundered. In fact, if my proposal were to be adopted, it would make the game harder for me personally, but fairer for everyone.

DeletedUser26120

I like the system fine, and fortunately given dev history, it'll probably stay the same way for a long time to come.

Guess there are situations where you're grateful for devs not listening to suggestions lol

DeletedUser26154

So, I'm wondering what the solution is here. I would agree that Rogues are a little overpowered in GE, GvG and PvP the way things are.

Most players* would not be able to finish two-wave battles.
If it were not for the A.I. targeting rogues first.
Battle dynamics at work, put in place on what I think is, on purpose.
It's bad enough when the enemy units happen to target your "Money Troops".
Damage them early in the first wave of two-wave battles.
It's best to have the system the way it is, except for the Continent Map.
Because the Continent Map is the single map that means the most, as far as city progress is concerned.

1407518855181.png

Or at least, that's what I think.

DeletedUser26965

I like the system fine, and fortunately given dev history, it'll probably stay the same way for a long time to come.

Guess there are situations where you're grateful for devs not listening to suggestions lol
So you like stealing but don't like free trade because someone will try to steal.

DeletedUser26120

I don't view plundering as stealing, at all. I used to get very upset when someone plundered me, my stuff missing!

Then I convinced myself it's unearned production, I lose nothing. And since then I've viewed it from that lens and it's helped me not have any compunctions about plundering someone. It's true - they really don't lose anything. It's unearned production.

And they are more than free to hit me back and take something too. That's the remedy. There's no remedy for market greed.

DeletedUser26965

Tell that to the gas stations that all change prices at the same exact time.
View attachment 5202

Yeah it's a bad thing when business does it but justified when states do it.

Q: The gasoline stations in my area have increased their prices the same amount and at the same time. Is that price fixing?

A: A uniform, simultaneous price change could be the result of price fixing, but it could also be the result of independent business responses to the same market conditions. For example, if conditions in the international oil market cause an increase in the price of crude oil, this could lead to an increase in the wholesale price of gasoline. Local gasoline stations may respond to higher wholesale gasoline prices by increasing their prices to cover these higher costs. Other market forces, such as publicly posting current prices (as is common with most gasoline stations), encourages suppliers to adjust their own prices quickly in order not to lose sales. If there is evidence that the gasoline station operators talked to each other about increasing prices and agreed on a common pricing plan, however, that may be an antitrust violation.
https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/com...itrust-laws/dealings-competitors/price-fixing

DeletedUser26120

Didn't the progressive Rom get to be leader of Ferengi society though? So it isn't like that anymore in their universe. :) Not after DS9.

(barring the alternate reality thing)

But anyway I have absolutely no problem with whatever ratios players trade at as long as they do it the other way around.

Free trade concept, in fact, depends upon fair trade - not only in FoE but in the real world too.

Back on topic, I got 20 rogues from GE relics last week. It's clear inno wants us to use them, and use them in this manner.