• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Summer Event 2017 Feedback

DeletedUser28897

I wouldn't bother with Oasis now that you can get Tribal Squares in GE and in the long run the vertical space an Oasis takes up equals 2 sky watches. I'd go for other stuff and pump up my TOR

DeletedUser27889

Elephant Fountain set isn't really worth having, it's too large to justify the attack boost and gives out too few fps.
I too wasn't a fan of the elephant set, however if you rearrange them differently you can come up with something as good if not better than an SoK
Screen Shot 2017-07-05 at 2.12.06 AM.png
This is a 4x4 square which yields the same 4 FP and coin (aprox) as an SoK but will also give medals and happy though no population. Also note the lower left Memorial Chhatri is only connected to one unique building so that one will not produce medals, the upper right one will.

The reason it's worse is because if you were to set out to collect all those buildings it could be more difficult than acquiring 1 SoK. However with these appearing on just about every to every other wheel chances on you may end up with most of them anyway. Which is how I set about looking to see how best to arrange them because I ended up with all but 1 of the 4 Elephant Fountain Gate's so far when I was trying for other things.

This IMHO is the best way to spend your tickets if you have any way of squeezing them in. @harbinger956 had mentioned combining the sets so I set out to find the best combination and used all of my questline tickets and some diamonds to acquire them. (I wasn't trying to get the 4th Palace since you get it end of quest but I landed on it when trying for a tower so I just put it up) With there still being 2 weeks to go and me having gotten these way earlier than I thought I would I believe it's perfectly capable to acquire all of them with spending 0 diamonds.
Screen Shot 2017-07-05 at 1.59.56 AM.png
Or the 2D version easier seen:
Screen Shot 2017-07-05 at 2.06.21 AM.png

I did a TON of math before I invested in it and if you use the buildings wisely you can get a pretty return on your tickets/land.

This is 10x12 with room for 2 1x1 decos but still basically 10x12 this space gets me

(Industrial Age Before all GB boosts)
78,000 Coins, 40,000 Supplies, 3000 Happy, 156 Medals, 40 Goods and 26 Forge Points

Or @ 122 tiles not including roads:

4.60 tiles per FP an SoK = 4 tiles/FP

1.27 medals/sq a VT= 3.6/sq

3 Squares/ good, oasis = 2.4 goods/square

24.6 happy/sq = 54/square highest deco in age

But unlike all those other buildings it does all these together using the same 122 tiles.

Getting them was pretty easy, just waiting since they were on almost every wheel. I think if you're able to fit it this is a better investment for your tickets than refreshing 10-20X looking for a single SoK.

ODragon

Could someone explain Quest2 - 4: "Finish 15 productions in a production building from your age"

It this any amount of production (5 min or 24 hours)?

DeletedUser

Yes, it is any time cycle. Of course, most will choose to do 5 minute productions for this. Also, Bazaars, Mad Scientist Labs, Aviarys and Terrace Farms will count for this quest (and any other production building quest), if they are of the proper Age.

DeletedUser26120

That's a creative palace setup! Nice tip on the fountain too, will see if I have enough tickets to try for that.

DeletedUser29055

Manda, that's the setup I am striving for, too. Especially if you do not need happiness, then you can save one happiness building. Now, I just need more set buildings :) ...

DeletedUser29295

I love the way you have that set up as well, Manda. Mine is close to that, but space has limited me at the moment. And I need the A/D bonus right now for the Elephant, so I have that in my city. Once I level up my SBC and Deal 2 more times each I will store/delete the Elephant set.

Screenshot (31).png

DeletedUser26120

You should replace hedge maze. It's 20 squares vs 18 for 2 wells/fountains and in my experience it paid out coins/supplies more than anything else.

DeletedUser29055

I think if you keep one of the 3x1 from the fountain set and the two 1x1 you get 1FP, coin and supply and medals. And small enough. I think it was discussed before in this thread?

Ah, Manda answerd that as well. I really like the setup of the Elephant Fountain Set.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13942

"Sale" 3 tickets for a 20 dollar purchase or a whopping 25 for $75.........I think Inno has lost touch with reality, that "sale" is insulting to me

Honestly, I am a moderate spender. I spend regularly in budgeted amounts, but when i see an event that is "deteriorated" from past years in my opinion, I make a point NOT to spend during that event, lest they think it was event generated income. So, even tho I aged up 4 cities this event to an age where i love the building pack, those purchases will wait until this is over, sale or no sale

DeletedUser29206

I love the way you have that set up as well, Manda. Mine is close to that, but space has limited me at the moment. And I need the A/D bonus right now for the Elephant, so I have that in my city. Once I level up my SBC and Deal 2 more times each I will store/delete the Elephant set.

View attachment 5301

Agreed Manda's setup is nice, especially like the 4 palace setup... no space though atm, still too early in HMA, so mine is just 2 palaces in the same configuration.

got my elephant fountain setup up a little different due to tiles available, but everything is active except for the attack boost on the fountain.
not too bad @ 17k coin -- 20 medals -- 2 FPs, and lots of happiness to offset the Habitat.

elephant pond.png

cbalto1927

"Sale" 3 tickets for a 20 dollar purchase or a whopping 25 for $75.........I think Inno has lost touch with reality, that "sale" is insulting to me

Honestly, I am a moderate spender. I spend regularly in budgeted amounts, but when i see an event that is "deteriorated" from past years in my opinion, I make a point NOT to spend during that event, lest they think it was event generated income. So, even tho I aged up 4 cities this event to an age where i love the building pack, those purchases will wait until this is over, sale or no sale

That's why i rather wait until they offer 60 to 80 percent Diamond bonus on top the regular diamonds amount. Last month was a good deal :)

DeletedUser29395

View attachment 5301
Store the fountain itself. Collapse the rest of the pieces together and slide them in the spot where you have the westernmost rogue hideout, and put that RH in the gap on the east side of the other RH. Then you'll still get the fp from the elephant set but save the space. :)

qaccy

You completely missed the point of the sale. The tickets are a bonus to go along with the diamonds...or in other words, absolutely free. If you want to 'buy' tickets that's what you do when you spend diamonds to obtain more, in which case it costs $20 to buy 20 tickets...but you're not getting 11000 diamonds with it either, like you would be if you bought the largest diamond pack that comes with 25 tickets.

DeletedUser29642

I bought a bunch of tickets and then didn't get four tickets that I won. Had 17 at the time.

DeletedUser27889

Manda, that's the setup I am striving for, too. Especially if you do not need happiness, then you can save one happiness building. Now, I just need more set buildings :) ...

I'm not sure if you're talking about the elephant one or the palaces. Can you post your design? I only ask because I was trying for as few of the decos/happy as possible as I don't need them and this was the fewest I could use while still getting all the bonuses. I certainly could have missed something but I just want to make sure your design will work how you want it to so you don't end up missing out all the bonuses over a single deco.
I bought a bunch of tickets and then didn't get four tickets that I won. Had 17 at the time.
Try reloading your game, sometimes it's a visual glitch that fixes itself on reload.

IngeJones

I thought events from now on wouldn't have show-stopper quests that we can't do? This last one "gain control over a province" came when the only province I have left to gain is one in the era above me and there is no way I can gather all the right goods. It would cost me £75 in diamonds to complete that. Why wasn't there an alternative?

DeletedUser29055

I'm not sure if you're talking about the elephant one or the palaces. Can you post your design? I only ask because I was trying for as few of the decos/happy as possible as I don't need them and this was the fewest I could use while still getting all the bonuses. I certainly could have missed something but I just want to make sure your design will work how you want it to so you don't end up missing out all the bonuses over a single deco.

Try reloading your game, sometimes it's a visual glitch that fixes itself on reload.

For the palace set, the key point was to place one of the two decorations in the middle of the four, so all four touch the one. Then you only need three decos total as in contrast to four. I don't need happiness, so you just drew the design that I was thinking about like a day before :) ...

The elephant set was a design I did not think about. The fountain with the attack/defense is too big and thus, I did not care about it. Arranging the rest of the buildings so that FP, medals, gold, and supplies can be earned is great. I don't think I can get all items since I am still trying to get all towers for the four palace set up. At least six are needed and I have currently five.

DeletedUser29055

I thought events from now on wouldn't have show-stopper quests that we can't do? This last one "gain control over a province" came when the only province I have left to gain is one in the era above me and there is no way I can gather all the right goods. It would cost me £75 in diamonds to complete that. Why wasn't there an alternative?

I do think they mentioned that they cannot/do not want to roll out all the changes in one go. Then, of course, why push so far in your continent ... it's always good to save a research, scout, and province.

DeletedUser29295

I do think they mentioned that they cannot/do not want to roll out all the changes in one go. Then, of course, why push so far in your continent ... it's always good to save a research, scout, and province.

I agree with that: I always try to save something when an event is forthcomming.