• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[FAQ] Help, I am being plundered!

• Thread starter DeletedUser8152
  • Start date

DeletedUser27184

Is there a little lightning bolt above the palace...?
Is that a question about what is that sign?
After being plundered by another player, this sign above a building signify that this specific building was plundered. You need to press it, and then you can produce from the building again.

Freshmeboy

Not a question about what the bolt is but a question to the OP about her palace not producing...thought she might have been plundered and not realized it...

plinker2

There are two ways to stop it. Either build up your army, or check for the rewards more often. Those are really your options. Check your event callendar at the town hall and see who is plundering you as well. A little revenge never hurts!

DeletedUser

There are two ways to stop it. Either build up your army, or check for the rewards more often. Those are really your options. Check your event callendar at the town hall and see who is plundering you as well. A little revenge never hurts!
You don't say? Why didn't any of us think to give that advice?:rolleyes:

Darth Mole

You gotta admire the tenacity. Every day he tries to attack me. Takes one look at my army and surrenders. This has been going on since the last hood change. I plunder him every day but he never phones, never writes.... just shows up and has a look.
Untitled.png

DeletedUser

You gotta admire the tenacity. Every day he tries to attack me. Takes one look at my army and surrenders. This has been going on since the last hood change. I plunder him every day but he never phones, never writes.... just shows up and has a look.
View attachment 6159
When I was being attacked plundered by the big boys (and girls), back before they fixed the hoods, I used to do that so that I wouldn't accidentally aid them. :)

DeletedUser30312

When I was being attacked plundered by the big boys (and girls), back before they fixed the hoods, I used to do that so that I wouldn't accidentally aid them. :)

Interesting, although I just turn around and smack players who do this for their impudence.

DeletedUser31278

when I started playing FoE over 2 years ago, my neighbourhood changed every 4 to 5 weeks. I would sometimes be at the bottom, and sometimes in the middle, never at the top. This game was fun then. But from June of 2015, I have been near the bottom, and their is only one or two players I could beat. I am attacked daily by numerous players, which takes a great deal of fun out of a game where I can not progress forward as quickly as the ones attacking me, because the goods I need are plundered. Often while I am gathering goods, I am being plundered. Obviously these players either have no life or they are sharing their game so to monitor 24/7. I conclude this because I change the collection time from morning to night to middle of the night to afternoon but to no avail.

Also, the ones attacking me have numerous (35 or more) watchfires, which they obviously earned 3 years ago before I started playing, when acquiring them was quick and easy. which is quite unfair.

I am fine with the concepts that I am plundered, I have done it in the past, but when I have little and sometimes no chance of plundering, this I feel is unfair, especially when during special events, I cannot complete tasks, because a task maybe to plunder. Thus others that do plunder move further ahead.

I understand that a computer is set to combine players together with similar strengths/levels, and sometimes your at the bottom, middle or top, but to be at the bottom for 10 consecutive months is not a fair system.

DeletedUser31278

when I started playing FoE over 2 years ago, my neighbourhood changed every 4 to 5 weeks. I would sometimes be at the bottom, and sometimes in the middle, never at the top. This game was fun then. But from June of 2015, I have been near the bottom, and their is only one or two players I could beat. I am attacked daily by numerous players, which takes a great deal of fun out of a game where I can not progress forward as quickly as the ones attacking me, because the goods I need are plundered. Often while I am gathering goods, I am being plundered. Obviously these players either have no life or they are sharing their game so to monitor 24/7. I conclude this because I change the collection time from morning to night to middle of the night to afternoon but to no avail.

Also, the ones attacking me have numerous (35 or more) watchfires, which they obviously earned 3 years ago before I started playing, when acquiring them was quick and easy. which is quite unfair.

I am fine with the concepts that I am plundered, I have done it in the past, but when I have little and sometimes no chance of plundering, this I feel is unfair, especially when during special events, I cannot complete tasks, because a task maybe to plunder. Thus others that do plunder move further ahead.

I understand that a computer is set to combine players together with similar strengths/levels, and sometimes your at the bottom, middle or top, but to be at the bottom for 10 consecutive months is not a fair system.

I have set an actual alarm to retrieve certain high value goods that are only produced once a day. That eliminates the ability of them to be able to plunder me, on those buildings. For instance, my palace. I was plundered once, and did this. They don't keep track or can't of the exact time, but you can. Use a timer, that's my advice.

DeletedUser31278

Set a timer for your collection of special buildings. For example, a FP producing building. That's how I've stopped the plunderers.

DeletedUser26530

This is probably the single most common thing that people ask about on the forum. There are several ways to address it, depending on what you are looking for:

What are some strategies to minimize my chances of getting plundered?

There is no way to eliminate the chance of being plundered, but to minimize it you can:​
  • Schedule your production times so you can collect right after they finish. You can only be plundered when you have uncollected items in your city, so this is by far the best method.
  • Run multiple short productions; you can only be plundered once per player per 24 hours, so if you can't collect on time, this will at least minimize your losses. You should still collect as often as possible.
  • Post the strongest defensive army you can. This won't stop players who are several ages ahead of you, but it will often deter players in your age or lower.
  • Send a friend invite to your attacker. You can't attack friends, so if they accept this will make you safe. Implicitly you are promising to aid your friend regularly, and if you don't you will probably get dropped from their friends list and become subject to attack again.
  • Offer to contribute a few FP (per day, per week, or just once) to the attacker's Great Buildings. This may be a smaller price than the plundering losses, and also gives you a chance to receive rewards for the Great Building donations.
  • Try to join the guild of the player who is attacking you. You can't attack fellow guild members. Do be aware of any guild policies in the guild you want to join.
  • Join a guild that has some powerful cities in your neighborhood. Many guilds will try to protect their members by threatening to plunder people who have plundered one of their own. (On the other hand, some guilds try to plunder people in other guilds that they are at 'war' with, so this could make you a target; talk to someone in the guild about your situation first.)
Being plundered makes me angry, can you help me feel better?

You certainly have my sympathy, especially if you are being plundered by a player much more advanced than you. It is unpleasant to be stuck in a neighborhood with aggressive advanced players. But you will probably be rotated out of this neighborhood before too long. Over the long run, things tend to even out. You'll find yourself in easy neighborhoods sometimes too.

In the meantime, take advantage of high-age players in your neighborhood. By aiding them you have the chance to get blueprints for high-age great buildings. You might see if some of them would like to trade high-age goods for forge point donations; you can earn a lot of goods that way. If you have a lot of high-age players, there's a good chance a few will be using two spears as a defensive army. You can beat that, and a single plunder from a high-age building can make up for all your losses from being attacked.

Added: The new (January 2017) neighborhood rules modify this a bit; you should no longer find yourself in a hood with far advanced players. But there will be players an age ahead of you, and players with much stronger attack bonuses than you. That is still frustrating, but a strong defensive army is likely to impose some losses on your attacker, and you have the option to build up your great buildings as well.​

I am philosophically opposed to games that reward conflict and aggressive behavior. Is there any way to opt out of the player-vs-player part of the game?

No, it is an intrinsic part of the game and the developers have made it clear that they don't plan to change that. If this makes the game unpleasant for you, then your best bet might be to find a different game that doesn't have this element. Elvenar is another city-building game that doesn't have PvP fighting.​

I think it is immoral for people to plunder me, will you support me in condemning them?

No, players who plunder are playing the game as intended, and are not acting in an immoral way. No actual damage is being done to anyone, and by playing the game you are agreeing to subject yourself to its rules. Condemning someone who plunders you doesn't make any more sense than condemning a chess player for capturing your pawn.​
I understood the city shield will help prevent attacks, even after activating my city shield I am still getting attacked and plundered. Did I misunderstand the purpose of having a city shield?

DeletedUser

I understood the city shield will help prevent attacks, even after activating my city shield I am still getting attacked and plundered. Did I misunderstand the purpose of having a city shield?
What is probably happening is that they attacked before you activated the City Shield, but didn't plunder immediately. They have 24 hours from the time of their attack to come back and plunder once. If they attacked before you activated the City Shield, they could still come back and plunder from that attack even though they could not attack again.

DeletedUser31505

Been stuck at lower iron age, tried the 'send friend request' but all it did was make me unable to 'seek revenge' only to have them drop me from their friends list so they could attack and plunder me again. how is Iron age, pre archer, supposed to defend against middle ages? Also, i have gathered that im not supposed to lose troops during defense, but i keep coming back online after work to find my city defenses are all gone, and my lumber mill (im trapped in terms of research, i need the 30 lumber, or the diamonds i cant afford, to finish Processions, before i can research archery, but my goods production buildings are the only buildings these people are plundering. I also made sure to log in 10 minutes before my lumber was to finish production but it had already been plundered. It has happened 3 times already, not counting my Dye works, my Farm, and my Vineyard. My only Iron age troops right now are Soldiers.

I'm fine with the plunder aspect, but when everyone in your neighbor hood seems to be taking turns plundering your goods, and only your goods, i have no chance.

EDIT Logged in shortly after this, all my production and goods buildings are showing 10+ hours before completion but i set an alarm to log in 10 minutes before, so maybe the server just hates? Also, my city defenses are gone again, but i have no notification of an attack since the last one that plundered my lumber mill this morning.

Last edited by a moderator: