• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Incident Feedback

DeletedUser29646

Again, unless you haven't gotten the pop-up when you logged in, you do not have incidents yet.

I tried in other worlds I only got a pop up after clicking my first incident.... not when I logged in.

DeletedUser26154

The biggest complaints Treasure Hunt had were:
Have to log in at regular times to collect it.
And it's only available to Desktop Gamers.
So not everyone can get it.

This is why I really hate complaining about things.
Sometimes the complaints won't fall on deaf ears.
And things will be done about it.
And usually...

images (19).jpg

I don't like their changes so I've learned long ago when to keep my big mouth shut.

DeletedUser28222

I log in one time per hour, but not get either pop-up or incidents

DeletedUser29510

Certainly understand the need to evaluate the effect of this, however, to only role out for some players and not all creates a unfair advantage. Several friends of mine have received hundreds of medals, forge points, and even diamonds - and I have not been allowed the opportunity for any as I don't have incidents yet -- extremely unfair and discouraging to us who don't have incidents yet!!! Inno, should make this right by gifting the rest of us some diamonds or medals or Forge Points... That would be the RIGHT thing to do. Gifts are given all the time on Beta.

Czari

Well I used to take the time to search for Incidents in Beta, but since Inno reduced the rewards I am not sure there is any reason to spend the time looking for them anymore.

That's the general opinion of members of my guild who have been playing for a long time. New players are excited about them. I still haven't seen one and am not wasting my time looking when I could be playing PvP or GE.

DeletedUser26120

I'm sure the devs would have liked to release it to everyone but there may be server performance issues to monitor as well.

Just be patient, you will get them in your city soon.

DeletedUser30459

OK, I came in to report two things: 1) My sound cut off after I clicked on an incident, which was not a huge issue, but then I noticed about an hour later that 2) my timers had stopped. I had set my production buildings to 1 hour, but after what I was sure was over an hour, the counters still read "39:22" and weren't moving. Now, that said, I noticed on the way here that someone else had mentioned that there was a flash update last night (?) that was killing his game. It was posted today and said that his game was running very slowly and then froze completely. So if there was a faulty update, then this may have nothing to do with the incidents, specifically. Either way, I wanted to be sure to show my appreciation for being picked for the beta group by offering as much feedback as possible.

DeletedUser28970

“IF YOU HAVE COMMENTS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD YOUR POST IN THE FEEDBACK THREAD.”

Okay, so I shall leave feedback for Inno... (this is not to make certain Forum users happy or unhappy, because I don't care, it's rather just my observations for Inno) ... they claim they read this section. :D

It has been 11 days since I first experienced this “Incidents” feature. Long enough to form an opinion for myself. I will start with the 'Pros' and then move on to the 'Cons'.

PROS:
  1. It is an interesting feature. Different from various other parts of the game.

2. The graphics are fairly well done.

3. Flashing shadows are a different color than other flashing aspects in the game making it easy to distinguish the icons.

4. It provides diamonds.

5. Requires no timing (unlike Treasure Hunt) from the player.
CONS:
  1. Some of the graphics are extremely small and are hard to see even on a large screen.

2. The smaller graphics have even smaller flashing shadows which makes them harder to find.

3. Rewards are generally small and dismal (unlike Treasure Hunt). Starting at 60 coins or supplies, 5 of one good, etc they range upward (barely) but very seldom overall.

4. Tabs don't appear up by the resource counter confirming the amounts won like they do when coin, supplies, etc are won in other parts of the game.

5. Everything portrayed is of ruined or broken items. This bothers me.

6. Although I am using this on the PC platform it is not available on my mobile Fire Tablet despite being used with the same account and same city.

7. Icons appearing in the town areas. It irritates a lot of players. This can be made not to happen: rhinos don't appear inland, clotheslines do not appear in the water, nothing appears on piles of rock or on top of buildings.

SUMMARY:

Although novel in concept the “Incidents” feature is sadly lacking. The Cons far outweigh the Pros as far as I am concerned.

The major problem for me are the weak rewards. Especially in light of comments made by Staff in the Beta Forum that this was developed to replace “Treasure Hunt”. “Treasure Hunt” is 10x better than this. I understand that Inno has not pursued placing “Treasure Hunt” on the mobile platforms (for whatever reason they give or don't give) but they have pretty much flopped on creating an equal replacement for all platforms.

Make the rewards 10x greater … then maybe.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11463

I've found coins & supplies to be "meh" at best. However, they are FREE. I do like the many other things, goods, medals, goods. Did I mention goods? Whether it is 2 goods, 5 goods or 10 goods, goods are good! Medals are also nice since I still have 2 expansions to get and understand that another is coming out on Tuesday. They aren't much each time (well except when one of them gave me 465 medals) but in one day I got a bunch of them. For something that takes little time to locate, it's a nice feature.

DeletedUser28970

except when one of them gave me 465 medals
I have seen a couple of comments like this .... makes me wonder if the rewards are 'era-based' (not enough info to base an opinion on though) ... but I've never have gotten anything that nice. I did get 5 diamonds from the Rhino though.

DeletedUser

I have seen a couple of comments like this .... makes me wonder if the rewards are 'era-based' (not enough info to base an opinion on though) ... but I've never have gotten anything that nice. I did get 5 diamonds from the Rhino though.
As one who has Incidents in 3 different cities, Iron Age, PE and CE, I can tell you that the rewards are "era-based". At least, the coins, supplies and medals are.

DeletedUser30916

I still have not gotten any Incidents yet on cirgard how come.

DeletedUser28970

I still have not gotten any Incidents yet on cirgard how come.
Hi there 'friend' !
Don't worry a lot of people haven't yet ... hang in there! To make up for it I will contribute to one of your GBs tomorrow! :D

Czari

Do animations have to be turned on to see incidents? (I'm getting deja vu...not sure if I already asked this question here or in my guild...at any rate still don't know the answer :p.) Thank you in advance for info on this. :)

I always do the treasure hunt but making sure I set it at times I can collect can be difficult, so I like the incidents better.