• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Incident Feedback

DeletedUser31396

Haven't seen an incident yet. Constantly search wilderness and town. Move all buildings covering roads. On mobile.

Zatrikon

I started playing this game because I like city building, civilization advancing, resource management, strategy games. If I had wanted to play a "find the hidden object" game, I wouldn't have played this. There are plenty of hidden object games out there. There is no need to turn FoE into one.

Especially when you get a trivial amount of coins/supplies 99% of the time.

Maybe if they did something more interesting, like if you had to do something or spend something to "resolve" the incident, and then get a benefit that's actually good, instead of simply clicking on it to get something worthless.

For example, maybe you have to spend a certain amount of coins/supplies to repair the pothole in the road or rescue the people in the capsized boat, and then you get a forge point or some goods or medals, or a premium decoration, or something like that.

Or maybe you have to spend a certain amount of goods, and you get something even better - multiple forge points (or FP package), a premium Residence or Production building, or a large amount of medals, or even diamonds.

Or maybe you have to spend Forge Points, or Medals, or Tavern Silver, or military units, and you get something proportionally valuable.

Then you'd have a more interesting decision to make: How precious is the cost? How valuable is the reward? Just clicking isn't interesting.

DeletedUser

I started playing this game because I like city building, civilization advancing, resource management, strategy games. If I had wanted to play a "find the hidden object" game, I wouldn't have played this. There are plenty of hidden object games out there. There is no need to turn FoE into one.

Especially when you get a trivial amount of coins/supplies 99% of the time.

Maybe if they did something more interesting, like if you had to do something or spend something to "resolve" the incident, and then get a benefit that's actually good, instead of simply clicking on it to get something worthless.

For example, maybe you have to spend a certain amount of coins/supplies to repair the pothole in the road or rescue the people in the capsized boat, and then you get a forge point or some goods or medals, or a premium decoration, or something like that.

Or maybe you have to spend a certain amount of goods, and you get something even better - multiple forge points (or FP package), a premium Residence or Production building, or a large amount of medals, or even diamonds.

Or maybe you have to spend Forge Points, or Medals, or Tavern Silver, or military units, and you get something proportionally valuable.

Then you'd have a more interesting decision to make: How precious is the cost? How valuable is the reward? Just clicking isn't interesting.
Well, for one thing you don't have to look for Incidents if you don't want to. For another thing, there is an upcoming feature called "Daily Challenges", which sounds like it will be more along the lines of what you would like, so just hang on.:D

DeletedUser26154

Maybe if they did something more interesting,

Yes.
We're getting Daily Challenge Quests or something like that.
That is what is replacing Treasure Hunt.
The reason why Treasure Hunt is going goodbye is because it needs Flash.

97a1c2288935b85f3f04863cabfb94aa.png

And Flash is being phased out.

DeletedUser31199

We hope that you like incidents, this small addition to the game. If you have comments, please feel free to add your post here.

Your Forge of Empires Team

I like the incidents. Sure, many are small prizes, but they add up, especially for beginners. Even advanced, it's nice to get a few extra goodies for no more effort than a minute (at most) of scrolling around your screen. They aren't hard to find once you become familiar with what to look for, and if you don't want to spend a minute of your time looking, then don't. It's not a huge loss or a huge gain either way, but I don't know anyone who sniffs at winning 5 goods,, which isn't a common one, but can be every day if you spend that minute each time you sign in.

I've had the SOS a few times, it is cute.

I hate to see Treasure Hunt go, but I am guilty of "hardly ever using it" myself latey. It remains a great help for new players, perhaps it should be kept for them, up through Iron Age or EMA perhaps. Later than this, and the game simply becomes too busy for me to keep up with all the timed collections needed for Treasure Hunt to get to the final big reward.

Last edited by a moderator:

Merciana

Just wondering if they have released a new round of "testers"? A fellow guildmate, who didn't get them the first time round, has started to see them while I still am not. Just wondering how many "waves" of releases there will be until I can join the incident hunting ranks.

DeletedUser25637

Certainly understand the need to evaluate the effect of this, however, to only role out for some players and not all creates a unfair advantage. Several friends of mine have received hundreds of medals, forge points, and even diamonds - and I have not been allowed the opportunity for any as I don't have incidents yet -- extremely unfair and discouraging to us who don't have incidents yet!!! Inno, should make this right by gifting the rest of us some diamonds or medals or Forge Points... That would be the RIGHT thing to do. Gifts are given all the time on Beta.

INNO and "RIGHT THING" do not go together in the same sentence.

Basically.. some are special while others are not and INNO won't do a D thing about making it fair.

I was playing on 10 worlds... now down to 2. Not sure if will continue playing this game, but 1 thing I do know.. they will never get another penny out of me.
Complaining don't work... suggestions don't work... so I will hit them where I know I can hurt them.
No more money.

DeletedUser22924

I find it hard to believe that anyone is enjoying this new feature. Searching around and in your city for the probability of getting 270 supplies or coins, really? It's a slap in the face for anyone in the higher eras. Maybe 270 supplies/gold or 70 medals or 5 goods would have been an incentive back in Iron age but what's amusing (not really) is that I heard their rewards are even less. Even the 5 diamonds or 500 medals or 2 fps which I guess are supposed to be the "good" prizes are still insulting to one in Oceanic Future.
This feature could actually be fun if the rewards were worth it......make it wishing well/fountain of youth or higher level relic amount rewards at the very least.

I am in a higher age and love this part of the game. I enjoy the small prizes, they are not much, but they do add up. I find this to be a great part of this game and enjoy it immensely. Sorry you do not appreciate this addition, however, coupled with the current event, it is more than a little bit fun and distracting considering how seldom I personally get a good "Luck" prize. As I search for trees, these little Incidences are great fun to find, and the more often you hit them the more often they appear. I absolutely love them.

DeletedUser22924

Is anyone else having problems with their game freezing in their browser since the incidents came out?
Using Firefox by the way, I've never had this problem before but ever since the incidents came out the window I have the game open on freezes, when I open a new window and then try to go back it's suddenly frozen and I have to close that window and then reopen it and log back in to get the game to work again.

I use Chrome as it is game friendly. I have no issues with freezing.

DeletedUser28970

"I use Chrome as it is game friendly. I have no issues with freezing."

I use Chrome too ... and it freezes up on me all the time. But the freezing has absolutely nothing to do with the recent update as far as I can tell. It been a problem for at least half a year (for me). Flash and Inno's script don't play nicely together ... but there are oodles of posts on this prob already. ;)

DeletedUser

I have Chrome and my game freezes sometimes when I tab in and out.
The quick fix, is to restore down your screen, then put it back to normal.
I have/use Chrome and I have no issues. I only have one window/tab open at a time, and I don't do GvG. ::It's the magic formula, but don't tell anyone.::

Zatrikon

Apparently the citizens of all our cities are incompetent mariners. How hard is it to row a small boat in calm waters without it capsizing? How many shipwrecks are going to wash up on shore? You'd think people would know how to operate a boat by the time it's "Oceanic Future".

CleSindl30

Apparently the citizens of all our cities are incompetent mariners. How hard is it to row a small boat in calm waters without it capsizing? How many shipwrecks are going to wash up on shore? You'd think people would know how to operate a boat by the time it's "Oceanic Future".
lol this comment is to funny

DeletedUser29623

When will incidents roll out to everyone on the live branch? I sometimes feel like the last person in FoE not to have them! This is sad because even before incidents I used to scroll over the wilderness area around my city because (on the iPad, at least), I like all the intricate little animations.