• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

QUEST OVERVIEW

• Thread starter DeletedUser29247
  • Start date

DeletedUser28021

I did read and understand all the false data that you provided. It isn't true. And two of you saying doesn't make it any more true. I have been quest looping for months on PC, and it is now faster to do than before. It takes me less time. None of your snide comments about Inno will change that fact.

You may be right. It was previously faster to loop on iPad than on the computer. The new "improved" computer interface is not as fast as the iPad was, but it might be faster than the computer was. And the new improved iPad interface is unusably bad - lots of bugs, including missing text, and, I think, slower than the computer *was*, even with abort confirmations disabled.

If you were previously satisfied looping on the PC, I can see that you might be even more satisfied now.

I previously looped on mobile - usually an iPad, as its large screen reduced the number of misclicks, but I have an iPhone as well, and an Android phone. I made the conscious decision to use the iPad, rather than the browser, in spite of the inevitable misclicks, because the browser was, for me, slow enough that servicing a single CA city using a browser was taking too much time out of my day. (The alternatives were to drop the game, use a more conventional strategy, give up an hour of sleep, give up MoPo, or collect perhaps 4 times a week, spread over 7 days.)

With the new interface these are once again my alternatives. As it happens I've got 2 cities - one conventional LMA; one serious quest loop CA. That's down from 4, which is down from 6 - both reductions due to time pressure. (Older, bigger cities take more time, it seems.) It's looking like I'll have to either downgrade the looping city to conventional, or simply drop it entirely and play only the one that's already conventional.

lemur

lemur

Apparently you missed their announcement ...

If there's something you want us to read, then you could have inserted a link to it, instead of posting yet another snide remark.

By the way, since you don't seem to understand the meaning of the word, "snide" is derogatory or mocking in an indirect way. That's what you and a few others here do as a matter of routine. In contrast, my comments are direct.

DeletedUser

If there's something you want us to read, then you could have inserted a link to it, instead of posting yet another snide remark.

By the way, since you don't seem to understand the meaning of the word, "snide" is derogatory or mocking in an indirect way. That's what you and a few others here do as a matter of routine. In contrast, my comments are direct.
Well, it can't be too indirect, because you seem to get it. If it was an obscure thread I was referencing I would have linked to it, but it is right there in Announcements for everyone to read. But since your Forum skills apparently aren't up to the task of finding it, here's the link: https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...h-death-and-future-of-forge-of-empires.19262/

P.S.: If I didn't know what snide meant, how could I be so good at it? I was probably being snide before you were ever born. Now get off my lawn! :p

DeletedUser12620

LOL ... Holy codependence, Batman!

So I should believe you instead of my lying eyes?

Your insincerity is obvious. And it's not how we "feel" about the quest system (or poor, poor InnoyGames); it's what we observe.

You know if you click the option to remove the pop up confirmation you can cycle quest much faster. ;)

Try it lol o_O

DeletedUser28021

I just thought I'd mention another "improvement", calculated to save player time ;-) With the old interface (on the computer), I could hover over the quest button, and see how much more I had to go. Now I have the "pleasure" of clicking on the quest button, and scrolling to the quest I'm interested in, in order to get the same information. Also, as has been mentioned previously, I used to be able to get an idea of which loop quest was selected, without clicking on anything. (I could see the quest giver ... they weren't unique, but it helped.) Now once again I get the "pleasure" of gazing on the beautiful new interface, with a nice long pause to properly "apprecate" it.

Zatrikon

Any word on the possibility of getting the actual numbers displayed? On how much more Happiness / Coins / Supplies are needed?

That's my only issue with the new format. Fix that, and it's all good.

lemur

Another side effect of the quest redesign is that the order of the repeatable quests is changingfor no apparent reason.

Why, InnoGames? Can't you just leave some things alone?

Here is the order of my repeatable quests as they had been for a long time (at least a year, I think) on Odhrorvar:

1. Unbirthday Party — pay coins and supplies
2. Produce 2 hampers
3. Spend 53 Forge Points
4. Produce 2 hampers AND many barrels of beer 2 times
5. 35,000 coins
6. Gather 40,000 supplies
7. Produce many barrels of beer 2 times
8. Research 2 technologies

This was the revised order yesterday:

2. Produce 2 hampers
3. Spend 53 Forge Points
5. Gather 40,000 supplies
6. 35,000 coins

And this is the order today:

2. Produce 2 hampers
3. Spend 53 Forge Points
6. Produce many barrels of beer 2 times
7. 35,000 coins

This instability is very annoying when there is no obvious reason for the change.

lemur

You know if you click the option to remove the pop up confirmation you can cycle quest much faster.

I removed the abort confirmation at the first opportunity. Here is what I wrote on the first day that the new quest inferface was activated:
"This new quest interface is abysmal"

I agree. My playing style is centered on repeatable quests, and my experience matches yours. The new system requires more time, not less — even with the removal of the "abort" button.

And here is what I wrote the next day, edited today for clarity:
With the old system, the "Abort" button and the "Abort Confirmation" button were in close proximity and always in the exact same locations through the quest cycle. So I became very good at selecting them — back and forth in rapid succession.

Now the various buttons are in different locations through the quest cycle, and the distances are sometimes greater — even with the abort confirmation gone. For example, the quest buttons are on the left side of the screen, but when the blueprint screen pops up, that's in the middle of the screen. On large computer displays, this distance is significant for a mouse cursor.

An even bigger problem is that the fancy moving graphics causes a slight delay before each button becomes "active" and receptive to the mouse cursor.

Last edited:

lemur

Thank you! It's good to see that you are able to support your own arguments and not expect others to do it for you. :rolleyes:

P.S.: If I didn't know what snide meant, how could I be so good at it?

Well, as a hypothetical but instructive example, replace "snide" with "stupid" in your sentence. :p

DeletedUser28670

Thank you! It's good to see that you are able to support your own arguments and not expect others to do it for you. :rolleyes:

Well, as a hypothetical and instructive example, replace "snide" with "stupid" in your sentence. :p
Well, @lemur, as a hypothetical and instructive example, could you please replace your post with "I'm being very annoying and I need to zip my mouth for a while to get others a rest from my tirade." :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12620

Another side effect of the quest redesign is that the order of the repeatable quests is changingfor no apparent reason.

Why, InnoGames? Can't you just leave some things alone?

Here is the order of my repeatable quests as they had been for a long time (at least a year, I think) on Odhrorvar:

2. Produce 2 hampers
3. Spend 53 Forge Points
5. 35,000 coins
6. Gather 40,000 supplies

This was the revised order yesterday:

2. Produce 2 hampers
3. Spend 53 Forge Points
6. 35,000 coins

And this is the order today:

2. Produce 2 hampers
3. Spend 53 Forge Points
6. Produce many barrels of beer 2 times
7. 35,000 coins

This instability is very annoying when there is no obvious reason for the change.

I suggest you become a mobile player if you find the quest cycling is too long or is not fitting your liking. From personal experience, I find the mobile platforms will fit you well :)

Mobile allows you to cycle 2 times faster try it.... ;)

DeletedUser

I suggest you become a mobile player if you find the quest cycling is too long or is not fitting your liking. From personal experience, I find the mobile platforms will fit you well :)

Mobile allows you to cycle 2 times faster try it.... ;)
He's not here for solutions to his "problems", he's here to complain about everything and bash Inno, so don't waste your time trying to educate him.

lavty

No, no it's not but I understand it's our beliefs :)

You are entitled to your beliefs of course, but it doesn't mean you are correct whatsoever.

Unfortunately in reality, the interface on the iPad is much worse than previous, because for those that play multiple worlds and do loop quests, the animation/movements of the boxes, accompanied by having to read nonsense to find the quest you want, will drive the user insane over time.

As someone who has a 3+ year vested interest in the game, including over a year of everyday use on the iPad, I can tell you that this new interface makes multiworld play nearly impossible, as there just isn't enough time in a day because the navigation is messed up.

DeletedUser

I can tell you that this new interface makes multiworld play nearly impossible
No, it doesn't. I may make heavy questing, or constant quest looping (whatever you want to call it) nearly impossible on more than 2 or 3 worlds, but you can certainly still play a more conventional game on multiple worlds. Choices. You choose a click-heavy strategy, accept the consequences. Most of us that do a little quest looping, or none at all, seem to be very happy with the new interface. The game shouldn't cater to strictly one narrow group of players, such as heavy questers/quest loopers. This new interface paves the road for Daily Challenges, which will benefit everyone.

DeletedUser26965

No, it doesn't. I may make heavy questing, or constant quest looping (whatever you want to call it) nearly impossible on more than 2 or 3 worlds, but you can certainly still play a more conventional game on multiple worlds. Choices. You choose a click-heavy strategy, accept the consequences. Most of us that do a little quest looping, or none at all, seem to be very happy with the new interface. The game shouldn't cater to strictly one narrow group of players, such as heavy questers/quest loopers. This new interface paves the road for Daily Challenges, which will benefit everyone.
Unfortunately it doesn't state that explicitly on the wiki so I guess they'll have to take our word for it...

"...filter for offers...display only those offers that you are eligible for..."
Searching for offers

crikey, wrong thread lol

DeletedUser12620

You are entitled to your beliefs of course, but it doesn't mean you are correct whatsoever.

Unfortunately in reality, the interface on the iPad is much worse than previous, because for those that play multiple worlds and do loop quests, the animation/movements of the boxes, accompanied by having to read nonsense to find the quest you want, will drive the user insane over time.

As someone who has a 3+ year vested interest in the game, including over a year of everyday use on the iPad, I can tell you that this new interface makes multiworld play nearly impossible, as there just isn't enough time in a day because the navigation is messed up.

This sounds like a me problem no one else is complaining about. If you feel it takes too long to cycle leave the forum and reconsider how many worlds you can play on. :)

I play 21 worlds and use mobile a lot to collect, spend fps, and fight GE. I have yet to say this but I use my phone not a tablet but when I did they were very similar to collecting, fighting and spending fps. The only difference is a larger screen..... have you tried using your phone?