• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Great Building Attachments in the Messaging System Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

Darth Mole

Also just looks cool and gives you a real time update on how far progressed to levelling the GB is.
Best new feature in quite a while.

DeletedUser

Moved a few posts from another thread here.
Is there any way you can do that, but leave the posts you move together so they still make sense? Since the people not on the thread you moved will be completely lost as to what we were talking about.

DeletedUser26120

It goes by chronological order and I can't change that, no.

You guys asked me to move posts instead of closing threads so I'm trying it out. :)

DeletedUser

It goes by chronological order and I can't change that, no.

You guys asked me to move posts instead of closing threads so I'm trying it out. :)
Looks like other than "official" threads, I should hit reply every time I respond to someone in case the thread gets moved, then. :)

DeletedUser31778

I really like the new feature but would like to see two improvements. As Manda pointed out, having the attachment freeze on the FP count when it was posted would be beneficial. Having it update when you leave the window and return doesn't seem to provide any value. People who like to audit their posts now have to separately post the balance, which is probably going to be discouraged.
The second change I'd like to see is a quick way to see what you've already contributed to that GB. It used to be on your first click you would see, for example, this GB is 482/490, and I've given zero so far, so I don't want to contribute to this one. Now you have to click to open it and manually scroll through the contributions list to find where you stand.
Should I be posting this to the proposals thread? I'm new here. This is literally my first post.

DeletedUser28477

Would it be possible for a group ADMIN (of a particular thread) to include links of other peoples GB's ? not a swap thread - but other threads where the admin person decides the GB's & the person / member.. We can go in & include the link to the selected members GB without needing them to come online later on

EDIT: havnt seen it so far (havnt monitored) but I do like the way it shows the current / latest value of FP

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31861

The attachment always shows the current FP count on the GB. Was that the intention? Because it's confusing on SWAP threads. You post, someone picks up next, and you expect the number to increase.

DeletedUser26120

Yes because posting live updates of every attachment everywhere would be too resource insensitive.

DeletedUser

Yes because posting live updates of every attachment everywhere would be too resource insensitive.
?
The game does post live updates of every Great Building attachment in message threads. All you have to do is close and reopen the thread and it will show the current, updated total donations. That's what people are kind of complaining about. They would like it better if the attachment in the message was not updated, because then they could compare the total on the GB with the total on the thread to see if the donation was made. :)

DeletedUser26965

?
The game does post live updates of every Great Building attachment in message threads. All you have to do is close and reopen the thread and it will show the current, updated total donations. That's what people are kind of complaining about. They would like it better if the attachment in the message was not updated, because then they could compare the total on the GB with the total on the thread to see if the donation was made. :)
I agree they should do that if they can but people have always kept track of that anyway if they wanted, I'd much rather they spend the dev time in actually completing the feature for goods trading. Why release something half done?:confused: Is this going to be like the gift feature and never implemented?

DeletedUser

I agree they should do that if they can but people have always kept track of that anyway if they wanted, I'd much rather they spend the dev time in actually completing the feature for goods trading. Why release something half done?:confused: Is this going to be like the gift feature and never implemented?
I feel like there's some disconnect between my comments and yours. Almost like we're talking about two different things and don't realize it.

DeletedUser26965

I feel like there's some disconnect between my comments and yours. Almost like we're talking about two different things and don't realize it.
I'm just saying I agree that they should have the GB message attachment work in a way it's helpful on swap threads to know the fps got donated but I was adding that I'd much rather them spend the time to complete the attachment feature.

attatch - Copy.PNG

DeletedUser

I'm just saying I agree that they should have the GB message attachment work in a way it's helpful on swap threads to know the fps got donated but I was adding that I'd much rather them spend the time to complete the attachment feature.

View attachment 8550
Okay, that is twice in one day that something obvious had to be pointed out to me. I had no idea what you were talking about. And, I actually like that the attachment is updated instead of being locked at the level of when it was posted. I may be naive, but I operate on trust in guild swap threads. Maybe that's due to just being in smaller, more tight-knit guilds. If I were still in larger guilds, maybe I would be less likely to take it on faith that people are doing what they say they are. :)