• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Buying goods for fp's

DeletedUser31440

I'm not sure that I've seen a guide on this, but for anyone that doesn't have experience and would like to know what has been done successfully in the past please read on. I'm going to split this into 2 different ways to buy goods, one is utilizing in-game friends the other utilizes guild mates.

Buying from Guild Mates:
1) Post a message in your main guild thread. Tell people that you are looking to buy goods from a certain age (let them know which age) and how many goods you are looking to buy.
2) Go through your guild mates cities and note down which ones are in the age you are targeting or above it. Send them individual messages mirroring what you said in the main guild thread.
3) Assuming that you've found someone to buy the goods off of, determine a price and the target GB of the seller.
Ex: Buy 5 goods for 1 forge point (fp).​
4) Place the agreed upon number of fp's onto the target GB of the seller.
5) The buyer, in this case you, will post the trades in the market to get the goods. For the trade use either Bronze Age goods or the lowest aged goods that you have. Post 1 of the lower age goods for every 2 of the goods that you are buying.
Ex: 5 Marble for 10 Ferroconcrete​
6) Post trades, if necessary, to get from the goods that you bought to the goods that you need.
Ex: Seller only had Asbestos but you need Asbestos and Explosives, set a trade in the market trading Asbestos for Explosives.​

Buying from Friends: (You may need a fully upgraded table cloth for this method)
1) If over 80 friends, drop friends to get less than 80 so you have invites ready if needed.
2) Send messages to all friends that could reasonably be in or above the age that you are targeting, let them know that you are looking to buy goods, tell them which age of goods and how many you would like to buy.
Ex: I was looking for PE goods so I messaged everyone on my friends list with a total score over 500,000 points.​
3) If none of your friends are able to sell the goods or direct you to someone who can, look at the top guilds and find people in your target age. Send them a message telling them that you are looking to buy goods and send them a friend request.
4) At this point you should have found someone selling goods, determine a price for the goods and the target GB of the seller.
Ex: Buy 5 goods for 1 forge point (fp).​
4) Place the agreed upon number of fp's onto the target GB of the seller.
5) The buyer, in this case you, will post the trades in the market to get the goods. For the trade use either Bronze Age goods or the lowest aged goods that you have. Post 1 of the lower age goods for every 2 of the goods that you are buying.
Ex: 5 Marble for 10 Ferroconcrete​
6) Post trades, if necessary, to get from the goods that you bought to the goods that you need.
Ex: Seller only had Asbestos but you need Asbestos and Explosives, set a trade in the market trading Asbestos for Explosives.
Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions for the guide, hopefully this will be of use to someone.

DeletedUser26965

Not sure why one would need a tavern upgraded at all to trade, I mean if all you are making the friend for is to trade then why would it matter. Of course if you plan on keeping them as a friend long term the I can see it.

Just two recommendations, you can simply ask in Global Chat for anyone who sells goods, usually someone will respond that does sell or might make a recommendation to someone who does. And I've always arranged and done my larger trades in instalments, simply prudent and builds trust to do so.

Freshmeboy

Thanks Ozyman....helpful guide. I have had hoodies and friends ask for help in the past with arc goods and my response was to just 'find someone from that age and ask for assistance'..I will steer them here next time...

DeletedUser31392

Maybe it would be helpful to list out what is considered fair trade for the differing ages in regards to fps/good.

That has always been the hardest to determine when trying to find deals for higher Era goods

Freshmeboy

I would agree that would be great help but unlike the trade calculators that most guilds have adopted, the fps for goods trade is open for negotiation. My first foray into goods trading an outside source wanted 1 fp per 2 goods and my goods at 2:1 ...I was steered away by another who complained about the former's gouging then tried to gouge me a little less. I ended up getting a decent deal from another player but still at a high cost for me at the time. The fp/goods market is wide open and I refer to the OP's advice to use world chat and let the best bargain come to you...

DeletedUser26154

Maybe it would be helpful to list out what is considered fair trade for the differing ages in regards to fps/good.

There is no guide for "Prices" because it's all up to the players and what they negotiate.

DeletedUser31440

Prices for goods aren't set unfortunately. I've been buying PE goods on several worlds over the past few weeks. On "X" I paid 5 goods per fp, on "W" I paid 3.75 goods per fp, even though "W" is a more established world. On "E" I got most of the goods for free because people there have so much surplus. Just depends on the person, world, and perhaps your persuasiveness.

Darth Mole

Look everywhere for the best deal. Cultivate some high age players and ask around - World Chat?
The most senior member of my guild offered 2.5 goods per FP and assured me that was a good deal - but off guild I found a friend who offered 6 Goods pfp.
So shop around is what I'm trying to say.

DeletedUser31392

Guess I was looking for more of what the general consensus of what certain age Goods will cost.

Like FE being 3:1 and PE being 6:1.

I understand that "Fair" is defined as such that it's an agreement between buyer and seller, but more looking for what they are generally worth to players.

My first venture I paid 1:1 for FE goods. My second was 1k fps for 1875 FE goods. Most recently I found a PE goods deal for 6:1 and also a 3:1 for CE. So I do understand prices fluctuate depending on who you ask and which world you are asking for them in.

DeletedUser31440

If you are still having trouble finding people to sell you goods another option to try if you play on the browser version:

Go to the GB rankings page and find the GB that you are trying to build at level 1.
Look at the player's who have the level 1 GB's and see if they are below the age of the GB.
If below the age of the GB send them a message asking who they bought their goods from and if they are still selling them.
When I did this I sent out messages to 10 players who fit the above criteria, within half a day I was put in touch with a goods seller for the GB I was looking for.

DeletedUser29623

How do you prevent someone else from taking the trade before you can accept it? If it’s a guild-only trade you can ask the rest of the guild to leave it but that won’t work for friends and neighbors.

Salsuero

How do you prevent someone else from taking the trade before you can accept it? If it’s a guild-only trade you can ask the rest of the guild to leave it but that won’t work for friends and neighbors.

Have the person who is offering the lower goods offer the trade. If anyone other than your partner is unwise or generous enough to accept... that's on them and a windfall for you and/or your swap partner.

DeletedUser29623

Have the person who is offering the lower goods offer the trade. If anyone other than your partner is unwise or generous enough to accept... that's on them and a windfall for you and/or your swap partner.

Doh! Thanks