• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

HALLOWEEN 2017

qaccy

@freshmeboy
-Happiness on a building isn't anything new, though it's rather uncommon. The Haunted House (also introduced during Halloween, though several years ago) also lowers happiness. Most production buildings coming out these days also either raise or lower happiness, though they've been trending towards adding rather than subtracting.

This next part is off-topic, but it's important to note that most buildings which affect happiness (and are not culture buildings) have this factored into their production value as well - +happy tends to lower the production efficiency while -happy raises it. This is often to the detriment of supply buildings, as most of them seem to have +happy lately which most players don't need, but still lowers the amount of supplies the building produces.

JohnDoesy

Was all setup to do the event this morning, even timed my collection so I'd have about 100 forge points to do the event instead of using forge packs. Lo and behold! Quest 6 is "Buy 4 forge points". But you can't buy forge points if you have over 10 in your collection bar.

So much for for preparations. Spent my 100FP normally, put my Bazaars, Cider Mills and Terrace Farms back on 24-hour FP production and will continue the event tomorrow. Guess the front lawn does need cutting after all. :(

DeletedUser28077

Once again, if Innogames wants the big dogs to play, they have to do better on the prizes. Plus if the story line is going to ask me to build 3 houseboats, give me the space. I am not going to tear down my city for some dumb quest.

Sir Gangstalot

I like the rewards just a bit annoyed with some of the quests that don't have "OR" like quest 27 acquire 3 sectors without fighting. (Shame I am 2 ages ahead of myself on the map and don't have the goods to negotiate). Or quest 30 research a tech (forcing me into the next age). O well.
Innogames is just showing us that they don't care about us, they just want us to spend money on diamonds for everything....

qaccy

@amaranth the mighty
I consider myself a 'big dog' and I think the Black Tower alone is worth completing the event for. It combines three Shrines of Knowledge, an Oasis/Tribal Square, and a Pole House, a total of six buildings and 36 squares (plus road connections), into one building. Admittedly, there's a hit on population provided, coins produced, and a negative chop to happiness, but I personally can shoulder all three of those 'penalties' and reap the benefits. If the Black Tower alone isn't interesting to you, what is?

I think the difference between you and me might lie in the fact that I recognized long ago that I'll need to keep at least a portion of my city 'available' for event usage and thus have little problem with swapping buildings around for the sake of quests. For a late game player, or a 'big dog' like you claim to be, even something like a 7x7 space isn't very much and will make your life much easier when it comes to completing events.

DeletedUser26671

REALLY pissed off that there's a requirement to acquire sectors with no other option. I just moved up an era and have already completed exploring it's map so I don't HAVE sectors to explore and don't want to be pushed to another map before I'm ready. BAD idea inno. You started to avoid this in other recent questlines, why not this one????

DeletedUser26154

REALLY pissed off that there's a requirement to acquire sectors with no other option

It's meant to be a challenge.
The continent map is full of sectors.
Hundreds of them.
In order to win the prize you have to do the Event Quests.

They are not hard at all, and are geared to be the same things we do every day all the time.
People conquer territories all the time.
People will camp an era, but unless this is your first or second event, you'll know these things are coming.
These event tasks are not hard at all.

You started to avoid this in other recent questlines, why not this one????

79247.jpg

Good point, but lets not harp on one aspect of an otherwise wonderful Event Quest with an Easy Prize to Win.

DeletedUser29935

I agree with all the angry people on here. Forcing me up an era really, really sucks. This is probably my last time on this game. I QUIT!!!

DeletedUser6120

is that what they are. i thought it was birds flying about!

I love the details that the designers have incorporated into the Halloween Event! I thought my eyes were tricking me when I noticed that I have BATS flying over my city! That is fabulous! And did you notice the pumpkin garland that gets draped over your quest board as you advance? All these little accents are just terrific!

Now if only they could add some animation to the graveyard! Maybe a ghost or two or a zombie?

Are there any Halloween avatars being offered this year?

DeletedUser31592

I love the details that the designers have incorporated into the Halloween Event! I thought my eyes were tricking me when I noticed that I have BATS flying over my city! That is fabulous! And did you notice the pumpkin garland that gets draped over your quest board as you advance? All these little accents are just terrific!

Now if only they could add some animation to the graveyard! Maybe a ghost or two or a zombie?

Are there any Halloween avatars being offered this year?

There is a male and a female portrait you receive once you complete all 45 quests.

DeletedUser6120

Halloween is here. Please place your comments, concerns and suggestions here. We are, as always, interested in your feedback.
Here is the Announcement.

Your Forge of Empires Team :eek:

I love all the accents that add enjoyment to the event----like the BATS currently flying over my cities! Just fabulous! I love Halloween special event buildings and I am looking forward to getting the Dark Tower. Now if only we could get a little animation added to the graveyard----maybe a ghost or two, or a zombie?

Will there be any Halloween avatars offered this year?

DeletedUser31592

Meet Joff and Jenny
portrait_254.jpg
portrait_255.jpg

DeletedUser25166

For any newer players DISREGARD THE REGULAR STORYLINE quests ....that is why my A world is so far advanced on the Map vs my Research tree .....DO NOT DO THE REGULAR STORY LINE ....they will pop up as being achieved just by doing these SPECIAL EVENT questlines....trust me ....even if you see the green check mark LEAVE IT ALONE....why you ask ? Because now INNO is sometimes using the story line as an alternative to special event quests ....do yourself a favor LEAVE THE REGULAR STORY QUEST ALONE ALTOGETHER
Terrible advice. Storyline gives next age troops, so you can win Towers and get medals for expansions