• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Character Variations

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

deleted my original in depth proposal that was nearly a page long. IT originally made sense. If I cannot have freedom to speak, then THIS IS my last proposal... immature loser who ever deleted my post, it would have stood fine with added form, you obviously have a chip on your shoulder, or are just an @#%.

What's more, I expect an apology before days end, or I am leaving the forum, with all my posts.
If you didn't delete it yourself, contact Panacea, Sgt Bothari or Wedge, they are the Community Managers and can look into it for you.

Oh, and knock if off with the color fonts, it's extremely irritating, besides being harder to read.

DeletedUser26965

Wow, what happened here? Xoorch has been kind enough to offer his artistic abilities of which many also improves and works within the realm of FoE for us to enjoy and I don't think I've ever seen anything bad from his posts and suddenly he tries to make a Proposal and it gets deleted?

On the other topic I agree, just use default text, anything else; colors, overly large text, memes, ill formatted sentence structure, etc. is arbitrarily and unnecessarily calling attention to yourself and distractive.

Darth Mole

I saw the original post and saw nothing controversial in it. Why'd it get deleted?
What the hell is going on in the forum?
Deleted for using multiple colours? Has the world gone crazy?

DeletedUser26965

I've found the original proposal made by Xoorch and have made some slight editing to it. Xoorch, please review the following and see if it's to your liking.

===============

Proposal

Current System

We get what avatars Inno gives with no ability of player input.

Details

This is a fantastic game. I have been playing video games since Pong came out when I was but a lad. I have played hundreds and hundreds of different types of games. What would make this game more engaging and personable would be more character choices, variations, manipulation, or the best thing would be to have complete creation, with the ability to start from scratch and build a character based off of adding, manipulating features, characteristics clothing, color, race, species, etc.

To make this more interesting, perhaps, to show ranking, only certain features would be available after attaining certain rank or achievement, such as so many battles won, would open specific attire that would go along with battle, depending on age of course. where as gaining a number of buildings would open separate types of clothing and variables that would go along with that type of persona. And so on within the game's variety of positions and vocation, such as being a merchant, soldier, leader, donator, explorer, plunderer, builder, pirate, historian, etc.

Special features could also be made as rewards for the highest ranking player. Winning GE tournaments could give all members the same type of attire that would show their guild colors or something to that effect, which they would lose upon leaving the guild.

Abuse Prevention
Potential abuse with full creative control. Perhaps have Inno/Mod approve wholly player created Avatars before being allowed.

Visual Aids
N/A

Conclusion

What I am trying to propose, is more avatars, at the least, or characters that can be created from scratch, or reward based variations added to the characters. There are so many players, and not enough variations to stop every guild from looking like every other one.

People want to be unique.
Thank you,
-Xoorch

=================

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

While I wasn't favorable toward the original proposal due to formatting eccentricities, I wouldn't actually mind if it got implemented.

And, I am very, very interested in why such a harmless proposal got deleted. Any Moderator like to fess up? Or at least explain? Or something? Maybe I need to put my request in large, multi-colored font to get your attention?

Darth Mole

While I wasn't favorable toward the original proposal due to formatting eccentricities, I wouldn't actually mind if it got implemented.

And, I am very, very interested in why such a harmless proposal got deleted. Any Moderator like to fess up? Or at least explain? Or something? Maybe I need to put my request in large, multi-colored font to get your attention?
It'd be a good way to get it deleted.

DeletedUser28077

I don't know the labor laws in Germany but I do know from corporate experience that companies in the US are very careful to avoid co-employment issues. A contractor working for themselves or another firm cannot do the same job as employees. If they are, said contractor can sue and claim benefits of the company were unpaid to them because they were doing the exact same job as employees.

Freshmeboy

I admire Xoorch's work as well and while it may be cool to have unique in game avatars I wouldn't hold my breath. The potential for intentional or unintentional consequences in the form of insult to various ethnic and religious groups or nationalities is too high a risk for any company to assume for the sake of uniqueness among its player base. Just look what happened with the achievement badges not long ago...people can take offense at what would appear to be benign to a majority of people. For that reason, much as I would enjoy a rockin' fuzzed image of Hendrix. or a mirror perspective shot of a guy in a bowler hat, I would have to vote no...

DeletedUser26120

Since proposal is no longer in proper format I've had to move this to forge hall.

DeletedUser

I've found the original proposal made by Xoorch and have made some slight editing to it. Xoorch, please review the following and see if it's to your liking.

===============

Proposal

Current System

We get what avatars Inno gives with no ability of player input.

Details

This is a fantastic game. I have been playing video games since Pong came out when I was but a lad. I have played hundreds and hundreds of different types of games. What would make this game more engaging and personable would be more character choices, variations, manipulation, or the best thing would be to have complete creation, with the ability to start from scratch and build a character based off of adding, manipulating features, characteristics clothing, color, race, species, etc.

To make this more interesting, perhaps, to show ranking, only certain features would be available after attaining certain rank or achievement, such as so many battles won, would open specific attire that would go along with battle, depending on age of course. where as gaining a number of buildings would open separate types of clothing and variables that would go along with that type of persona. And so on within the game's variety of positions and vocation, such as being a merchant, soldier, leader, donator, explorer, plunderer, builder, pirate, historian, etc.

Special features could also be made as rewards for the highest ranking player. Winning GE tournaments could give all members the same type of attire that would show their guild colors or something to that effect, which they would lose upon leaving the guild.

Abuse Prevention
Potential abuse with full creative control. Perhaps have Inno/Mod approve wholly player created Avatars before being allowed.

Visual Aids
N/A

Conclusion

What I am trying to propose, is more avatars, at the least, or characters that can be created from scratch, or reward based variations added to the characters. There are so many players, and not enough variations to stop every guild from looking like every other one.

People want to be unique.
Thank you,
-Xoorch

=================
THIS IS NOT MY ORIGINAL POST< THE ORIGINAL WAS DELETED< IT WAS VERY IN DEPTH AND TOOK UP A WHOLE PAGE, I HAVE NOW DELETED ALL MY OTHER POSTS < I AM STILL DUE AN APOLOGY FOR DELETING MY PROPOSAL< I WAS TOLD TO PUT IT INTO PROPER FORMAT< I PUT THE OUTLINE INTO FORMAT AND THEY DELETED ALL THE DETAILS THAT WAS ON ANOTHER PAGE> The record of it being deleted is now gone. This has been a very juvenile acting moderator, I have better things to do that obviously waste any time here, please delete all my forum info, I will not be returning, this is horse doody THis forum is dysfuctional due to ill trained unqualified moderators..

Status
Not open for further replies.