• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Oracle Change

• Thread starter DeletedUser31498
  • Start date

DeletedUser31392

I said from the beginning that changing the cost to level probably wasn't the right way to go, because that hurts everyone and not just exploiters. However, like I originally was you're underestimating just how much the Oracle was ultimately paying out. It wasn't even possible to fill all the reward slots before it was able to level, further inflating the FP gained by those taking part in the exploit.

I’m so baffled and amazed at this Exploit that as occurred. I was under the assumption all GB fp requirements and rewards were based out of a formula (as opposed to someone entering in all that information for every single level). If this was the case then why is it they wouldn’t have tasked 1 person to create a spreadsheet listing out the requirements vs. the rewards given, and list it from levels 1-100 to show potential abuse?? That was something that should have been made clear before implementing on live servers.

Is it so hard for them to understand players with high level Arcs have a goal to increase the amount of fps they earn from rewards in anyway possible? Being a new player I don’t know exactly what happened with the original Arc debacle, but I would have thought steps would have been taken to address potential further abuse from the Arc playstyle.

It should have been seen early on in development when the Requirements for the levels were so far below what the rewards were for this particular GB. It was obvious to me just looking at a few I had seen around under level 10 that the potential for fp profit could be great for this GB, and was expecting players to start leveling them fast. This wasn’t the case anywhere I have seen in game, so was clearly a select few that figured it all out. Never did it cross my mind just how ridiculous the payout scale for the Oracle GB actually was, but it appears the playerbase is too smart for the game developers in this regard, no disrespect to anyone of course.

DeletedUser28503

I’m so baffled and amazed at this Exploit that as occurred. I was under the assumption all GB fp requirements and rewards were based out of a formula (as opposed to someone entering in all that information for every single level). If this was the case then why is it they wouldn’t have tasked 1 person to create a spreadsheet listing out the requirements vs. the rewards given, and list it from levels 1-100 to show potential abuse?? That was something that should have been made clear before implementing on live servers.

Is it so hard for them to understand players with high level Arcs have a goal to increase the amount of fps they earn from rewards in anyway possible? Being a new player I don’t know exactly what happened with the original Arc debacle, but I would have thought steps would have been taken to address potential further abuse from the Arc playstyle.

It should have been seen early on in development when the Requirements for the levels were so far below what the rewards were for this particular GB. It was obvious to me just looking at a few I had seen around under level 10 that the potential for fp profit could be great for this GB, and was expecting players to start leveling them fast. This wasn’t the case anywhere I have seen in game, so was clearly a select few that figured it all out. Never did it cross my mind just how ridiculous the payout scale for the Oracle GB actually was, but it appears the playerbase is too smart for the game developers in this regard, no disrespect to anyone of course.
u must be new to this game if u expected something like this to be done by inno....lol

Last edited by a moderator:

qaccy

I was under the assumption all GB fp requirements and rewards were based out of a formula (as opposed to someone entering in all that information for every single level).

For the most part, you're right. It's just that in this instance, it was decided to allot the HMA rewards formula to a GB that cost less to level than those in the Bronze Age. It makes sense to have it be cheap to level, considering its purpose in the game, but the rewards are not in line with this at all; at best, the rewards should have been equivalent to a Bronze Age GB. It seems that perhaps the rewards were allotted by default due to it being a 'no age' GB (the Observatory and Temple of Relics also have HMA payouts, but cost the same as an HMA GB to level as well), and this was never adjusted nor checked by the developers which led to the imbalance.

It doesn't help that it didn't receive much testing on beta, as the only players eligible to receive the quests would have been those who made brand new cities on the beta server to test it...and most active beta participants have already had cities there for years. And there aren't any other beta servers besides the one to make a new city on like there is in the live version of the game, further compounding the difficulty in testing it properly.

DeletedUser30566

I wake up this morning with my Kraken being reseted at 0 from level 73.... I have never donate to any Oracle ( don’t even know they existed) .... I raised my Chateau to very high level as well as my Arc, was swapping the goods for fps spent hours to grab first and second positions on high GBs to do loop quests to grab more goods to swap. With these swap I raised my Kraken with the help of others 80+ level Arc players taking 1st to 3rd at 90%..... and under the fallacious prétexte that some Inno programmer made a mistake ( since freaking March and no one noticed.... lol) I get suddenly punished ???!!
On top of that more than 6k of fps were in 1st, 2nd or 3rd position on others GBs that were reseted just vanished.....
That’s the definition of balancing the game... by just screwing honest players.....
if it’s not fixed soon I really intend to sue Inno.
We place real money into the game as our customer part, on the other part Inno has the responsibility to insure that the game is implementing correctly but in no occasion they can arbitrary ROBBED customer to fix a problem that they have created and were the player had no knowledge about.
I am not kidding about the lawsuit !!!!

DeletedUser30566

I am not going to accept “ we are sorry for the inconvenience there is nothing we can do”
If they can trace all the « fraudulous » acquired by players and by some mathematic mystery formula ( there is no way no fairly deduct what was placed on a GB an calculate what was missing at that level for leveling) that will bring minimal collateral damage to players I can understand ..... but stripping me of 72 levels and 6,000+ fps is pure ROBBERY ....
Yes I am angry... very angry ....
Did not abused of anything and get brutally smacked on the head !!!