• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

My Arc suddenly dropped from level 52 to 28???

• Thread starter DeletedUser27184
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I notice nobody complained about the over powerful Arc benefiting them and enabling them to power level GBs to astronomical heights. Nobody complained about these Arc owners dropping tons of FPs on their GBs. It's been widely acknowledged in these Forums that the Arc is basically a badly broken GB that hundreds, if not thousands, of players have been taking advantage of. But lose a few levels from these artificially inflated GBs, and listen to the outrage.

And yeah, go ahead and jump all over me for stating an unpleasant truth. I can take it. :cool:

DeletedUser26131

I notice nobody complained about the over powerful Arc benefiting them and enabling them to power level GBs to astronomical heights. Nobody complained about these Arc owners dropping tons of FPs on their GBs. It's been widely acknowledged in these Forums that the Arc is basically a badly broken GB that hundreds, if not thousands, of players have been taking advantage of. But lose a few levels from these artificially inflated GBs, and listen to the outrage.

And yeah, go ahead and jump all over me for stating an unpleasant truth. I can take it. :cool:

Its much more fun to just ignore you (in a strange way)

DeletedUser9264

Well, at least there is a new historical questline coming up soon... :rolleyes:

Volodya

The Arc may well be overpowered, but it's equally overpowered for everyone. If Inno thought the Arc was--at this late date--a problem that needed to be addressed, they could've addressed it directly. Instead in their wisdom, they threw out entire day schools of innocent babies along with oceans of bathwater and solved nothing at all.

DeletedUser9264

You must be "one of those" that think everyone deserves a participation trophy ;)

ITown

Difference being, Arc was created to fulfill the exact purpose it serves.

And calling my loss "a few levels" isn't too accurate. I lost 65 levels. On the lower end, the levels were about 1500 fp each. On the higher end, over 4k each. Overall, in absolute FPs lost, inno's error cost me somewhere in the ballpark of 100-150k FPs

Darkbox

The event was coming down the pipeline well before any of this happened, for the record. I was also unaffected by what happened...

Even though I agree with most of what you said, their handling of the situation is concerning and insulting to players.

No official communication whatsoever (Community Managers are just that, forum and community managers, at least based on their responses to several concerns from players). No mention on Twitter, Facebook and so on. No e-mail. In the meantime, they posted their CEO BS + invitation to play silly games (7 hours ago) and sent more Grepolis and other Innogames spam...

For me, it's an insult to our (at least mine) intelligence.

DeletedUser23307

Arc is a powerful GB though I dont see it as being overpowerful. It takes months of single minded focus to bring one up to 80, for me that was about 6 months with a city running around 100 FP a day income.

To spend 6 months crafting a weapon in a game one would think it should be a fairly effective weapon when done.

Thats not what this is about here though, the game developers have in a hamfisted manner attacked a large number of people who had nothing to do with this issue they felt needed fixing on the Oracle. By using quickly leveled GBs as the metric to attack people rather than the use of what they felt ill gotten FPs they have snared a large number of folks who were simply being successful in the game but playing in the spirit of the game non the less.

It really does discourage me to see this happen to someone who I had been mentoring and who had only recently passed the months of drudgery that is getting Arc to level 30. This is a HMA play who was working on a path through the game that is very difficult to follow but can be rewarding at the end. As that reward neared he has found himself cut back extremely again through no fault of his own or others who are donors on his Arc.

I agree Inno must absolutely offer some sort of acknowledgement that some people who were affected will see restitution. As it is now there message out from is too bad, so sad.

DeletedUser30312

There's actually already 62 pages of complaints on the French server. https://forum.fr.forgeofempires.com...scussion-sur-loracle-pas-normal.94283/page-59

I can't say I sympathize, given it was exploiting by French and German players that largely caused this mess.

I don't think this was done by malice on Inno's part, I think they simply moved to swiftly prevent the exploit from occurring on other servers, not realizing that it would mess things up for people who were powerleveling other GBs normally. Still, I think they've handled the PR and communication end somewhat poorly.

And who know what problems will spring from this carelessy quick fix? I briefly considered taking advantage of the situation to grab some more cheap Kraken prints, but quickly decided against it in case a fix to this fix messes that up. Makes me wonder how many people didn't have my restraint (and plenty of FP to burn along with a nice big Arc), and have been dropping FPs for cheap prints; I'm sure game balance will be well served by people scoring extra prints like this.

No, I agree with you. The Arc probably should have gotten a good nerf a year ago or more, but it didn't.

DeletedUser3882

@W3Forge Just backing up your post with this doozy on the bug report thread... I'm speechless after seeing this support response :/

I complained to Inno - this is response I received:
Thank You for contacting the U.S Forge Of Empires Support Team.

You have broken the game rule #7

7. BugsEach player is required to report serious errors immediately to the Forge of Empires Team. A player is not allowed to knowingly take advantage of bugs.If you notice that a player is abusing a bug in the game you must report him.If you notice a spelling error or typo, you are not obligated to report it, however you are encouraged to do so for the improvement of the game

You have been exploiting the wrong balancing of Oracle of Delphi and as a punishment your Kraken has been downgraded to lv1

Darkbox

No, I agree with you. The Arc probably should have gotten a good nerf a year ago or more, but it didn't.

I notice nobody complained about the over powerful Arc benefiting them and enabling them to power level GBs to astronomical heights.

Can any of you elaborate on why the Arc is overpowered? Because, for most of us, it works as intended.

Per Inno's official Wiki: "This building increases your received contribution rewards and provides you with all goods in the current era which go immediately to the Guild Treasury."

So the more you level it, the more benefits you get, like every single other GB.

*Arturis*

Can any of you elaborate on why the Arc is overpowered? Because, for most of us, it works as intended.

Per Inno's official Wiki: "This building increases your received contribution rewards and provides you with all goods in the current era which go immediately to the Guild Treasury."

So the more you level it, the more benefits you get, like every single other GB.
https://prnt.sc/h6rw52
yes you play with what you have, might be a little too well in the eyes of some.

Last edited:

DeletedUser3882

Which is *rediculous* per that support response... All those in your world evidently did not report the Germans and French abusing a "bug" that's no more a bug than that of the Arc...

DeletedUser30312

It's not so much the benefit itself that's the problem, it's the amount of benefit. Big Arcs pay out a lot of FPs and medals to players who know what they're doing, possibly more than Inno really wants. But if they are paying out more, Inno should have reined them in already.

Now that is truly ludicrous.

DeletedUser30566

Can we sue Inno for high robbery ???
Why should I lost 6,000 fps for no reason .... except they were not able to address the issue and they jumped the gun without thinking!!
6,000 fps is a lot of time spent on the game and cannot just evaporated like thin air and a tap on the back with “ sorry for the inconvenience”

DeletedUser30312

I just got booted out of the game, and got a message they were doing some kind of update. Perhaps they are applying a fix to this?