• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter Event

• Thread starter DeletedUser31149
  • Start date

DeletedUser31149

I'm really upset there weren't any diamonds as a prize in the Winter Event like there has been for the last couple of years, everything else that usually pops up in an event was there. If they're not going to have diamonds as prize for an event they should really let the players know so we don't save up waiting for it to appear.

DeletedUser31440

I'm really upset there weren't any diamonds as a prize in the Winter Event like there has been for the last couple of years, everything else that usually pops up in an event was there. If they're not going to have diamonds as prize for an event they should really let the players know so we don't save up waiting for it to appear.

I'm trying to find the proposal in this, you sir have bested my abilities to find the truth in your words. Should I be dismayed or delve deeper?

DeletedUser31206

1: This seems to be a problem so far this year for you like so many others didn't put this in a proper format. (When you press proposal scroll down a little ways and before you get to the proposals that we've posted you'll see Guidelines For Proposals (PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING))
2: I too was a little disappointed in this year's Winter Event.
3: If you were disappointed ny it because they didn't have diamonds as an reward for any quest than I should warn you that this next event doesn't either. It has a lot of other good stuff , but no diamonds.

DeletedUser24389

First; those here referring to proposal "Format" should recognize that this area is designated "Discussion" NOT "Proposals". (at least at the top)
Second; it's far too hard to find a way to post anything, anywhere here for this forum to even be called a "Forum"
Third, being overly protective (self serving) and closing comments on an event before it's over benefits only the developers and NOT the players.
That being said, I was generally OK with the Winter Event however, it has become far tooooooo long. The rewards are becoming impossible to gather a full set (9 buildings, really???). It became redundant with three (3) Research Technology quests and that often FORCES players to elevate an age in the middle of an event. NOT cool. And now after alternating the daily rewards so an event building is available every other day, they close with TWO days of NON-event buildings (Spire of Inspiration and Santa's workshop) which screws those players needing just one more building for a set.
Maybe the powers that be should spend more time on creative ideas and serving the players best interest with less time wasted on cheesy, monthly TV program presentations. :(

allupinya

Worst winter event ever. I was only able to complete about 27 of the events, and the one I drew today was 50 1-hour productions. Really? And this was the theme for the entire event, outrageous numbers of productions. I have over 200 million supplies, so of course, I only have 2 production buildings left in my city. I suppose I could have removed all of my goods and military buildings to construct 50 blacksmiths, but why bother - the prizes I did manage to get were all garbage anyway. Sorry FoE, you kinda blew it on this one. Regardless, Happy New Year everyone!

DeletedUser

First; those here referring to proposal "Format" should recognize that this area is designated "Discussion" NOT "Proposals". (at least at the top)
The thread was moved from the "Proposals" section to this section of the Forum because it wasn't in the proper format.
Second; it's far too hard to find a way to post anything, anywhere here for this forum to even be called a "Forum"
I beg to differ. I have posted over 2500 times on this Forum, and I'm no rocket scientist.
Third, being overly protective (self serving) and closing comments on an event before it's over benefits only the developers and NOT the players.
What does this even mean? The feedback thread on this event is still open for comments. It's listed under "Forge Hall" and then "Announcement Feedback".
That being said, I was generally OK with the Winter Event however, it has become far tooooooo long.
The seasonal events are always long, relative to the other events.
The rewards are becoming impossible to gather a full set (9 buildings, really???).
The set wasn't worth getting anyway, so any complaints about not being able to get all the pieces is moot.
It became redundant with three (3) Research Technology quests and that often FORCES players to elevate an age in the middle of an event. NOT cool.
This is such a common complaint that it should have its own sub-forum. That way the non-whiners can avoid having to read it. LOL
And now after alternating the daily rewards so an event building is available every other day, they close with TWO days of NON-event buildings (Spire of Inspiration and Santa's workshop) which screws those players needing just one more building for a set.
I agree that the last two daily prizes were worthless, but no more so than the set pieces. I would much rather had another shot at a decent special building. And if you add in the fact that the prize the day before was one of the worthless set pieces, I would have been really ticked if I still had a lot of Stars left to burn through.

DeletedUser26907

Christmas Trade in XYR
Now in world 23 or XYR

I have a question
the only winter building that I am missing is Sugar baker's booth
now I could trade since I have spare

moose meadows
toy makers booth
tinkerers tent
staw star tent

if someone could work out a trade with me and how would the trade happen?

DeletedUser31206

That being said, I was generally OK with the Winter Event however, it has become far tooooooo long. The rewards are becoming impossible to gather a full set (9 buildings, really???). It became redundant with three (3) Research Technology quests and that often FORCES players to elevate an age in the middle of an event. NOT cool. And now after alternating the daily rewards so an event building is available every other day, they close with TWO days of NON-event buildings (Spire of Inspiration and Santa's workshop) which screws those players needing just one more building for a set.
Maybe the powers that be should spend more time on creative ideas and serving the players best interest with less time wasted on cheesy, monthly TV program presentations. :(
This iis a proposal area. I mean you to write, read, or put your feelings on a proposal you've got to press proposal unless of course you've pressed your thread watch alert button.

DeletedUser31498

1: This seems to be a problem so far this year for you like so many others didn't put this in a proper format. (When you press proposal scroll down a little ways and before you get to the proposals that we've posted you'll see Guidelines For Proposals (PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING))
2: I too was a little disappointed in this year's Winter Event.
3: If you were disappointed ny it because they didn't have diamonds as an reward for any quest than I should warn you that this next event doesn't either. It has a lot of other good stuff , but no diamonds.

Is Elaine a moderator? I mean she's right about proposal guidelines, but like the last 10 threads I've read she's been the first to chastise, followed later by Dursland officially. Auditioning for moderator? Not judging at all, though my tone comes off as that, just curious why it upsets you so much i guess?

DeletedUser

Is Elaine a moderator? I mean she's right about proposal guidelines, but like the last 10 threads I've read she's been the first to chastise, followed later by Dursland officially. Auditioning for moderator? Not judging at all, though my tone comes off as that, just curious why it upsets you so much i guess?
While I naturally have no intention of answering for Elaine, I will say that she's not the only one that has the urge to "chastise", as you put it, when these unformatted "proposals" are posted. Not only are a lot of them very self-serving, but some of them are just rants/complaints about the game being "unfair" and aren't really proposals at all. This thread is a prime example of the latter. And even on the ones that are actually decent proposals, many players don't even bother checking on how they are supposed to be posted. Laziness to the extreme. All they have to do is look at the Proposals section and there are the threads that instruct you how to do it right at the top. It gets really old after a while.

Aside from all that, there does seem to be a shortage of Moderator input right now, so it's probably better that at least someone mentions the format. :)

DeletedUser31206

No I'm not a Moderator, but I like trying to help players with their proposals and so I point out that the proposals are not in the proper format so that they can put it into one.

DeletedUser31498

Yeah I just like having new posters, and honestly the first time you log on, you have to know you need to look for a format, which no one does. Before posting a proposal for a new user, the site should link you. No one is going to search and find that info.

So while I agree it's annoying, not their fault. Which leads me to a proposal!!!!

DeletedUser28670

She's the new Lucifer1904.

Older forum members, you know what I mean lol

DeletedUser

Yeah I just like having new posters, and honestly the first time you log on, you have to know you need to look for a format, which no one does. Before posting a proposal for a new user, the site should link you. No one is going to search and find that info.

So while I agree it's annoying, not their fault. Which leads me to a proposal!!!!
So they know to look for a Proposals sub-forum, but then don't bother looking at any of it to see how they should proceed? Laziness. It's right there at the top. All most of them want to do is whine. And half of the rest think the game should be changed to suit them, but don't think they should have to bother putting the proposal in the correct format even when they're told about it and given a link to the guidelines. Either way it is their fault! :cool:

DeletedUser24389

The thread was moved from the "Proposals" section to this section of the Forum because it wasn't in the proper format.

I beg to differ. I have posted over 2500 times on this Forum, and I'm no rocket scientist.

What does this even mean? The feedback thread on this event is still open for comments. It's listed under "Forge Hall" and then "Announcement Feedback".

The seasonal events are always long, relative to the other events.

The set wasn't worth getting anyway, so any complaints about not being able to get all the pieces is moot.

This is such a common complaint that it should have its own sub-forum. That way the non-whiners can avoid having to read it. LOL

I agree that the last two daily prizes were worthless, but no more so than the set pieces. I would much rather had another shot at a decent special building. And if you add in the fact that the prize the day before was one of the worthless set pieces, I would have been really ticked if I still had a lot of Stars left to burn through.

Congratulations on your opinion (no more important than mine) but you wasted a lot of effort to systematically respond to my comments with your own "whining" about "worthless" set pieces. DUH! And since there was no easily visible designation that this post had been moved from the Proposal area I guess anyone could have made the mistake without several "chastising" them as if they are so informed and elite (referring to anyone's opinion as "moot"). And to reiterate my opinion about the difficulty navigating and especially posting in the Forum many of these areas, which I visited, had no area for composing a post at the bottom of the page. (???) This was the only area that I found with both a previous post about the event and the ability to post your own comment. I will take responsibility for my mis-stating that the ability to comment on the event was closed. I should have been referring to the ticket area.
It is obvious that many play the game for different reasons and thus in different ways. Maybe understanding differences would be an excellent class for you and the developers to attend. ;)

DeletedUser

Congratulations on your opinion (no more important than mine) but you wasted a lot of effort to systematically respond to my comments with your own "whining" about "worthless" set pieces.
If you think that was whining, you must be new to the Forum. LOL
And since there was no easily visible designation that this post had been moved from the Proposal area I guess anyone could have made the mistake without several "chastising" them
I was just responding (from knowledge) to you "chastising" others (out or ignorance) for talking about format.
This was the only area that I found with both a previous post about the event and the ability to post your own comment.
There is a sub-forum under Forge Hall, called Announcement Feedback. Any event will have a feedback thread there.
It is obvious that many play the game for different reasons and thus in different ways.
Thanks for pointing this out, I thought everyone here was exactly like me. This explains a lot. ;)
Maybe understanding differences would be an excellent class for you and the developers to attend.
Let's see. The developers have come up with a game that many thousands of people worldwide play and enjoy and are engaged enough in to comment prolificly on the various forums. I think they understand differences better than you think. And I'm pretty sure I understand differences better than you think, also. I successfully lead guilds in the game, and I seem to be fairly well respected (for the most part) here on the Forum. I don't think that either of those things would be the case if I didn't understand differences.

DeletedUser24389

This iis a proposal area. I mean you to write, read, or put your feelings on a proposal you've got to press proposal unless of course you've pressed your thread watch alert button.

So, you refute the page's title???
Forge Hall
Development: community discussion of the game
I purposely did NOT go to the Proposal area so maybe it's you that is lost. :rolleyes: