• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Why do I always end up at the bottom of a new neighborhood after progressing forward in the game?

DeletedUser32947

Why is it after working hard at progressing in the game every time I go to a new neighborhood I am rewarded for my hard work with being put at the bottom all the time. This then makes you the target of those that are in the top end & you get attacked a lot. This system is not balanced & should be addressed, you should get some reward for effort & not penalized every time you move to a new neighborhood.
That is my whinge,
Cheers Argos

you are receiving the reward for rushing through the tech tree and continent map. leveling up an age before you are ready. look at your points compared to those above you. they have more points because they built more and spent more time either in the current age or the 1 before. the ones at the top of your list are likely "camping" the era or age which is a wise move for most..in other words the problem is yours for entering an age you have not prepared for...advice: collect your stuff on time : )

wolfhoundtoo

Why is it after working hard at progressing in the game every time I go to a new neighborhood I am rewarded for my hard work with being put at the bottom all the time. This then makes you the target of those that are in the top end & you get attacked a lot. This system is not balanced & should be addressed, you should get some reward for effort & not penalized every time you move to a new neighborhood.
That is my whinge,
Cheers Argos

Have you tried moving up an era the day AFTER the hood changes? that gives you 2 weeks to do tech in your new age thus allowing you to be stronger when you arrive in your new play ground. If you do a lot of GE it's generally best to move up Tuesday after GE starts.

Freshmeboy

The problem is you are thinking that 'working hard at progressing' is moving through the tech tree.....Working hard is using every forge point you can muster to make your city stronger by investing in your GBs through swaps or self level; building inventory by sniping or swapping in same said GB's; playing the DCs and RQing at whatever works best for you (gold, fps, production, etc.) on a daily basis; battling GE weekly to gain RF strength and participating in the events and winning event buildings to improve your city. THAT is the work those at the top of the heap have done before you arrived and some have spent years at it. This is a long term game despite the way INNO portrays it in its commercials. Think long term, slow your tech progress and build some power for a year. Then YOU will be at the top of your hood....

DeletedUser31592

As everyone else said- you are racing through the techs too fast.

My rule of thumb- if you are not at least top-20 in your neighborhood, you are not ready to age up. I typically aim for top-10. If you are not in the top half (top 40) after aging up, you were not ready.

I have 7 cities and am in the top-10 in all of them. Monday was the first hood swap since aging up in one of them- I am ranked 6th. I aged two up yesterday so we will see where I land in two weeks. I'm betting it will be darn close to the top-10 still.

DeletedUser31440

It is a pity that this info is not readily forthcoming in the game rules.

None of what has been posted here are rules to play the game, they are merely suggestions on how to play effectively. This game, FoE, is fairly notorious for giving the player as little information as possible and forcing you to figure out what in the heck is going on. If you'd like to learn more about different strategies spend a few hours, or days, perusing the guides section of the forum. There is quite a bit of useless information, but also quite a bit of useful information; it just depends on how you want to play the game and what you'd like to accomplish.