• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Adding to the GvG maps

DeletedUser28578

I know that I am not alone in wondering when or if there will be additional GvG maps added for higher age players. GE is great and fun but it doesn't create the same level of excitement and competition in the game as the GvG map does. At least put in maps to cover the current ages and let the players who have advanced to those ages get back into the game and remain relevant. I have seen 10 people in the top 50 quit in the last 6 months. Those are your big money players and I know for a fact they would go crazy for a new map. If we had a chance to use some of the produced goods to fight a new map it would generate a lot of buzz in the game and I would dare say a fair amount of revenue as well.

DeletedUser32389

Inno is actively nurfing players above FE. This is obvious to me, and thus I've stayed in FE. They need more ways too keep these big fish from scaring new players out of the pond. I get it, it's necessary to keep the game alive, I just wish they'd be more honest about it all. I think the problem is that a game like this is built to be "gamed", that is, it's about finding the best exploit for your play type. If they were totally transparent about their motive players would use that to get an edge.
This GVG situation is a perfect example. All the programming is the same, its there. They haven't released the higher age maps because it can only add power to the most powerful, and further exacerbate the power disparity they're dealing with.
They're simply not going to release those maps until their acquisition and retention numbers are higher, so recruit your friends!

wolfhoundtoo

I know that I am not alone in wondering when or if there will be additional GvG maps added for higher age players. GE is great and fun but it doesn't create the same level of excitement and competition in the game as the GvG map does. At least put in maps to cover the current ages and let the players who have advanced to those ages get back into the game and remain relevant. I have seen 10 people in the top 50 quit in the last 6 months. Those are your big money players and I know for a fact they would go crazy for a new map. If we had a chance to use some of the produced goods to fight a new map it would generate a lot of buzz in the game and I would dare say a fair amount of revenue as well.

There is no need to wonder.........Inno announced a long time ago that there will be no further GVG maps beyond the 'all age' map.

DeletedUser26532

@Hootengoben summed it up exactly.

They want to try and manage two competing sets of interest:

a) Keeping "End Game" players with something new and exciting to explore and expand into

b) Making sure new players do not face a hopeless mountain to climb that they can never overcome.

There's only so much they can do about GBs, GE, PvP, but GvG can at least be capped as that is the biggest point farm for battles and guild ranking. So...this.

DeletedUser6892

Since GvG is not available on mobile there's not much benefit to continuing to develop it. I'm a bit sad about it too but the all-era area is a band-aid so upper era players can get some satisfaction out of GvG without having to build lower era barracks- but yeah...it's not as fun as fighting GvG in your era. I'll vote yes but I have very low hope and expectation. I can only assume that GvG on mobile has some serious logistical obstructions otherwise they would've capitalized on it already, especially since we've been begging for it so long.