• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Hood Changes

Mark of Cornwall

Why is there no hood changes again this week, on the normal (has been) fortnightly rotation they should have
changed last week now it will be a month before there is a change, fine for some but if you're a poor Joe Soap
in an aggressive hood getting attacked and plundered several times a day your only out is the hood rotation,
what bright spark in Inno decides these things, prat.

cbalto1927

Why is there no hood changes again this week, on the normal (has been) fortnightly rotation they should have
changed last week now it will be a month before there is a change, fine for some but if you're a poor Joe Soap
in an aggressive hood getting attacked and plundered several times a day your only out is the hood rotation,
what bright spark in Inno decides these things, prat.

Because of the Carnival Event the hood change freezes until after the event ends. March 19th is the next date of possible hood change. Event ends at March 12th. What's strange is the a week before the event, there were no hood changes and technically no hood changes for one month and 2 weeks total.

ODragon

It has been complained about before... they should start events right after a neighborhood shake up, not extend the time with the neighborhood.

DeletedUser

The reason it happens for some events and not others is the fact that there is a "progressive prize" that is common to each neighborhood. In this case it is the amount of Florins you win from the 15% and 5% "games".

DeletedUser31592

I'm guessing it will happen the 12th. The 12th would have been a hood swap week without the event. And the event technically ends the 12th, but it ends overnight. So I'm guessing both the event will end and the hood swap will happen in the same night.

ODragon

Why? Not disagreeing, but I don't see what difference tit would make.

People who feel beat up by their neighbors look forward to the hood change. Extending it only causes them more angst. As someone who does the beating, I get a lot of "I can't wait until the hood change" messages. While it doesn't always help them, there is a decent chance of a respite (ie, we aren't in the same hood again).

Sure, it doesn't always work out and sometimes you get stuck with the person who is beating you up but that's the game but more often than not, you aren't in the same neighborhood.

Also, as you go on in the weeks, the number of people in your hood goes down. I'm down to 71 at the moment.

Last edited: