• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] What is the effect of trenches, barb wire and entrenchments

• Thread starter DeletedUser32702
  • Start date

DeletedUser32702

I just entered the progressive area and discovered Trenches, Barb Wire and Entrenchments. I tried searching the wiki and the forum but can not find any information as to what effect they gave. Can any one help?

DeletedUser32702

I did find some information in the Units page of the wiki about the benefits of trenches and entrenchments, but I still can not find anything about barb wire.

I also can not find any information on movement cost. I was trying to cross an are that had a lot of barb wire and trenches with Lancers and could not find a way to get trough so it looks like there are some serious restrictions on movement.

wolfhoundtoo

You don't see anything when you hover your move over the sector? Are you playing on mobile or PC? But yes barbed wire is going to restrict movement across it for various units. Fast units probably have an issue crossing it although I haven't used a PE or CA aged units all that recently. You could try looking up the unit descriptions for PE. As I recall certain units get defense/attack boosts from trenches (such as the PE soldier unit). Your real problem with the lancer is that the new map isn't to the same scale. Your unit's movement is much less on the new scale map for units earlier than PE.

edit: So went and did a couple of PE battles to refresh my memory and here is the result:

Conscripts get a defense boost in trenches. Trenches cost extra movement points (6 for the conscript). Armored cars (fast unit PE) and the PE tank can't cross trenches. Barbed wire had extra movement costs as well but they could be crossed. Your lancer's problem is likely the battle scale as I indicated initially.

Last edited: