• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spring Event 2018 Feedback

DeletedUser27046

One result of the Cherry blossom festival, can you say diamonds !?!?! Anyone?? anyone??

Attachments

• Attack0a.jpg
    Attack0a.jpg
    481.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Attack01a.jpg
    Attack01a.jpg
    656.6 KB · Views: 21

DeletedUser27046

If I counted right, there are 25 of them, and all at L2, don't know why they didn't opt for the pond's for the defense, but I guess with 734% attack, who cares about defense.:D

DeletedUser31440

I think your suggestion is about as practical as offering decapitation as a cure for a head ache. You suggest
I create a guild I neither want nor need so that I can circumvent the logic failures in the encounter tree for
special events.

Why should I or any player be required to donate 160 goods into a non retrievable Guild treasury, in order
to manipulate their way around failures of conception in the progression of a special event ?

As a business model, giving your customers LESS reasons to participate in your product is not a successful
engagement of your customer base in your revenue stream. This remains a dead end in special event
participation and the revenues associated with them. I am not going to throw away trade goods because
you feel that it is incumbent on the customer to manipulate their way past ill concieved fail conditions.

I get it - "failure prevention is not invented here". No problem - not my revenue loss.

Were you playing when they didn't give alternatives to quest for events? I know that I personally much prefer the option of donating goods, that's also why I overproduce them.

DeletedUser32973

I think your suggestion is about as practical as offering decapitation as a cure for a head ache. You suggest
I create a guild I neither want nor need so that I can circumvent the logic failures in the encounter tree for
special events.

Why should I or any player be required to donate 160 goods into a non retrievable Guild treasury, in order
to manipulate their way around failures of conception in the progression of a special event ?

As a business model, giving your customers LESS reasons to participate in your product is not a successful
engagement of your customer base in your revenue stream. This remains a dead end in special event
participation and the revenues associated with them. I am not going to throw away trade goods because
you feel that it is incumbent on the customer to manipulate their way past ill concieved fail conditions.

I get it - "failure prevention is not invented here". No problem - not my revenue loss.

What? Why does it matter if you're in a one man guild or simply alone? They're essentially the same thing, except in a one man guild you have more options. Please give me a logical explanation as to why being in a closed off one man guild is so off-putting that you refuse to do it. It sounds like you're really complaining about having to throw away goods into oblivion, and many quests involve this. Like the "pay coin" or "pay supplies" conditions. The "donate goods to the treasury" quests are really just the same as the coins and supplies ones. You're essentially spending your resources to acquire event currency and prizes. I don't think anyone "likes" donating goods to the treasury in the fashion, especially because most of us have observatories/arcs. If the event prizes aren't worth paying the goods/coins/supplies for, then don't spend them.

DeletedUser29623

What? Why does it matter if you're in a one man guild or simply alone? They're essentially the same thing, except in a one man guild you have more options. Please give me a logical explanation as to why being in a closed off one man guild is so off-putting that you refuse to do it. It sounds like you're really complaining about having to throw away goods into oblivion, and many quests involve this. Like the "pay coin" or "pay supplies" conditions. The "donate goods to the treasury" quests are really just the same as the coins and supplies ones. You're essentially spending your resources to acquire event currency and prizes. I don't think anyone "likes" donating goods to the treasury in the fashion, especially because most of us have observatories/arcs. If the event prizes aren't worth paying the goods/coins/supplies for, then don't spend them.

The difference is that you don't really throw guild goods away because you can use them to pay for GE.

DeletedUser31440

The difference is that you don't really throw guild goods away because you can use them to pay for GE.

That was in response to a player that doesn't do GE, so the goods are essentially wasted for him.

DeletedUser29623

That was in response to a player that doesn't do GE, so the goods are essentially wasted for him.

I get the impression that many of these quests are designed to get some of us out of our ruts and trying the other aspects of the game. DCs and quests have forced me to battle, which means I finally had to learn how to find out what the different kinds of units are and which have bonuses against which. I can't say I enjoy it, but GE is something I thought I wasn't interested in at first, but as soon as I started doing it more regularly I was hooked.

DeletedUser31440

I get the impression that many of these quests are designed to get some of us out of our ruts and trying the other aspects of the game. DCs and quests have forced me to battle, which means I finally had to learn how to find out what the different kinds of units are and which have bonuses against which. I can't say I enjoy it, but GE is something I thought I wasn't interested in at first, but as soon as I started doing it more regularly I was hooked.

I like lamp?

It doesn't seem like @Two Moons is interested in enjoying the game, just complaining that Inno won't change the game to fit his play style and how that means they are purposefully setting him up for failure in events. Personally if I were him I'd just learn to play the game in a way that allows you to complete GE/DC's and Events that have rewards worth the C-Map sacrifices. I'm not holding my breath that he will take that approach though, much easier to yell at your imagined oppressor than figure out a winning strategy.

This is hands down the worst BS luck box event yet. In more than 40 attempts I have won exactly ZERO set buildings from this garbage event! I will no longer jump through the greedy devs hoops any longer. They have completely skewed these events so that the odds are so low, that it's nearly impossible to get all the pieces in these events or all the upgrades needed for an event building without spending our hard earned money to buy diamonds. This so-called "free game" is turning into a game that you can't compete with others unless you spend mad amounts on diamonds. Not sure if the greedy Inno devs read this or not, but if you do:

Thanks for being a bunch of greedy losers!!! Do you really think people are so dumb that we don't see right through what you are doing?!? Having these events almost weekly now and making them harder and harder to complete and get everything needed unless you spend money on massive amounts of diamonds. I mean, where do you expect people to put all these weekly event buildings??? Oh that's right, you expect us to spend money on diamonds to buy more expansions! Well I for one flat out refuse and I will NEVER do another event EVER and I will NEVER spend a dime on this game. I don't care to advance quickly through the game to a point where I don't have enough goods for tech, have my GBs to a healthy level, completely change my city so that it is full of blacksmiths or jump through your hoops to play the game how YOU want us to play it anymore!!!!

DeletedUser8428

This is hands down the worst BS luck box event yet. In more than 40 attempts I have won exactly ZERO set buildings from this garbage event! I will no longer jump through the greedy devs hoops any longer. They have completely skewed these events so that the odds are so low, that it's nearly impossible to get all the pieces in these events or all the upgrades needed for an event building without spending our hard earned money to buy diamonds. This so-called "free game" is turning into a game that you can't compete with others unless you spend mad amounts on diamonds. Not sure if the greedy Inno devs read this or not, but if you do:

Thanks for being a bunch of greedy losers!!! Do you really think people are so dumb that we don't see right through what you are doing?!? Having these events almost weekly now and making them harder and harder to complete and get everything needed unless you spend money on massive amounts of diamonds. I mean, where do you expect people to put all these weekly event buildings??? Oh that's right, you expect us to spend money on diamonds to buy more expansions! Well I for one flat out refuse and I will NEVER do another event EVER and I will NEVER spend a dime on this game. I don't care to advance quickly through the game to a point where I don't have enough goods for tech, have my GBs to a healthy level, completely change my city so that it is full of blacksmiths or jump through your hoops to play the game how YOU want us to play it anymore!!!!

I confess, I'm stunned at the number of people who get so incredibly angry about this game ... and then continue to play.

DeletedUser29623

I confess, I'm stunned at the number of people who get so incredibly angry about this game ... and then continue to play.

I’m even more amazed by the people who are shocked. . .SHOCKED that this game isn’t being provided to them absolutely free, like the rain from heaven. What exactly do they expect? That there’s a team of developers who show up to work every day to create this entertainment for them out of the goodness of their hearts and no expectation to get paid?

DeletedUser34588

I just spent 800 or something lanterns. Again, got nothing worthwhile from the event. Lots of junk, nothing I can't earn from GE or from a tavern boost.

If you are going to center an event on a specific set of event buildings, at least make the set easier to earn (especially for non-buyers like me). Or, at least, make the alternative failure rewards in the chests actually useful. I don't need renovation kits if I plan to stay in Iron age for a long time. I don't need boosts the tavern can provide. I don't need big medal chests containing 6 medals. I don't need decorations if my traz already produces too much happiness. I don't need 2 forge points I can get easily.

Everyone keeps talking about how one can earn the rewards in daily challenges. Honestly, it's a challenge even getting to that specific chest with this "luck" and even harder to earn the right buildings with the even worse "chances" than the chests offer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Algona

it's nearly impossible to get all the pieces in these events

I think you're onto something here.

What if INNO wants us to struggle to get the set pieces?

An at first side point which I'll toe back in INNO gives out (rarely) set pieces through the fairly low cost of completing DCs. I had 2 of the set before the Event started.

You may not complete the set now, but over the next year? How many pieces will you need next Spring? Is INNO trying to get us to take a longer view of the game?

Tie it with INNO making camping ever more desirable, and I think it might be true.

What are the implications of that?

Last edited:

DeletedUser34800

I agree. Inno hands out set pieces to these sets via the daily challenges. So, win the upgrade kits via this event and just wait to win the pieces from the DCs.

Or you could spend money on diamonds and use those to buy lanterns to acquire the upgrade kits and pieces now.

DeletedUser33297

WOW, A lot of diverse opinions. I needed 1 piece to complete my cherry garden set. I did the challenges and waited until my piece came up in the rotation, and I got it on the 2nd try. I also won an extra EE, which gives me an extra fps as well. So in my opinion, the game has been as fair as anyone can expect, for a free-to-play game. At least the event offers me a chance to win something I might not otherwise get.
Been playing almost 6 months and am happy with the game. ;)

DeletedUser29623

If you are going to center an event on a specific set of event buildings, at least make the set easier to earn (especially for non-buyers like me). Or, at least, make the alternative failure rewards in the chests actually useful. I don't need renovation kits if I plan to stay in Iron age for a long time. I don't need boosts the tavern can provide. I don't need big medal chests containing 6 medals. I don't need decorations if my traz already produces too much happiness. I don't need 2 forge points I can get easily.

The size of the medal rewards are pegged to your age.

cbalto1927

I agree. Inno hands out set pieces to these sets via the daily challenges. So, win the upgrade kits via this event and just wait to win the pieces from the DCs.

Or you could spend money on diamonds and use those to buy lanterns to acquire the upgrade kits and pieces now.

I would agree, One small modification here for next spring is to make set Pieces as Grand prize instead of daily special. Earning X amount of lanterns to get the set pieces would been more worth it than wild draw. In this event you would still have to make 250 lanterns to get the Grand prize. That would be similar as Forge Bowl Event we had earlier this year.

DeletedUser27285

The worst Spring Event ever. A complete waste of time, when all you win is Boast Crates, Motivation Kits. and 5 min Mass Supply. Yuck So what. I play 4 worlds and in 3 of them that's all I got. Only 1 world has given me 4 of 5 upgrades. A total waste of time and effort.