• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

NFL: Best Teams

DeletedUser

After last night's debacle, I'm laughing at all the "experts" that were heralding our Chiefs as the league's best team just a week ago. :p

Freshmeboy

Sorry, Mr. Longshanks, I thought that was a great game...coming down to the wire with plays in zero time for an upset. That's good do or die football and had me at the edge of my seat. Can't say that about too many games this year...

DeletedUser

Sorry, Mr. Longshanks, I thought that was a great game...coming down to the wire with plays in zero time for an upset. That's good do or die football and had me at the edge of my seat. Can't say that about too many games this year...
It was also one of the worst officiated games I've seen in a while. Blatant offensive pass interference on Oakland's first TD. One official threw the flag, then they picked it up. Ridiculous. And the officials won the game for Oakland when they mistakenly signaled a TD on that last possession. That stopped the clock when Oakland had no time outs left. They never would have gotten off an effective play if the proper call had been made. And if they had not reversed the call, the Chiefs would have had some time to try to win. Can you tell that I hate Replay? Should never have been implemented in any sport. Don't get me started on that. :mad:

Freshmeboy

OK...Won't talk about replay...I saw obvious movement by the line and hands to the mask by the left guard on the bomb thrown by Alex to Hill in the first half. I was sure it would be called back but the refs saw nothing. Which is unusual for false start and hands on the mask. Those guys teeter on holding all the time but before the snap and right at engagement, they usually have a sharp eye. Bad calls go both ways but historically favor (or haunt) the visiting team. OK, a question for you...the rules state defenders are allowed a single two handed chuck against the receiver within five yards of the line of scrimmage. That's fine but in the red zone you see blatant holding all the time by the defense because its still in that zone of five yards...Sometimes it's called (a grab with the receiver's body turning from the force) and most times not (defender has one arm draped around receiver, hips in synch, and rakes the receivers forward arm before the ball arrives). It's probably one of the most important penalties in the game as it gives a first down at the one. What, in your opinion, could the NFL change in the rule book to handle this most important of areas in pass defense...?

DeletedUser

I didn't even mention the phantom "illegal contact" penalty called on the Chiefs, when the receiver was still well within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage that kept one of Oakland's 4th quarter drives alive. And I don't think the rule book is the problem, the inconsistent officials are.