• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.124 Feedback

DeletedUser32702

I am very disappointed that you did not fix the bug that if the range tiles for an enemy unit overlap the ones for your unit in the battle map, the overlapping tiles are not a darker color like they used to be prior to 1.123. This makes it very hard to plan the unit positions in the battle.

DeletedUser32193

Why would you push the story line that far and now saying you can’t do it any further? You are half way of LMA story line, how much further you want to go? CA? Or OF :p
Excuse me. I was not pushing the story line. The story line started to ask for things in different age. If I did not execute due to a different age, it is tantamount to the locking the story line. The trigger seems to be if you scout or take a sector. With the additional pressure DC places on map, this trigger needs to be fixed, less pressure needs to be placed on the map and/or more sectors need to added.

The functional Treasure Hunt will be missed.

DeletedUser30900

Excuse me. I was not pushing the story line. The story line started to ask for things in different age. If I did not execute due to a different age, it is tantamount to the locking the story line. The trigger seems to be if you scout or take a sector. With the additional pressure DC places on map, this trigger needs to be fixed, less pressure needs to be placed on the map and/or more sectors need to added.

The functional Treasure Hunt will be missed.
That’s not true at all. If you don’t want age up, you give up dc. Otherwise, age up to lma sk you can continue story quest. Simple like that

DeletedUser32193

That’s not true at all. If you don’t want age up, you give up dc. Otherwise, age up to lma sk you can continue story quest. Simple like that

Thank you for suggesting a work-around. I do appreciate the time you took to comment.

Cheers

Kaidi

Looks like they will address many areas this go around and are trying to solve the RQ lag....Seems an easy button is available now as well. The redesign city button. Oh well.....the heart and soul of city strategy is now an easy click away...no need for store building prizes...not sure if it's good or bad...

The store buildings are still really useful! I don't even use them when rebuilding my city now; they're too valuable for that. If I win another terrace farm, and don't have room, I can pull some SoKs, which I'll add back later when I have room again. If I need to sort of regroup - pull some specials to lay down some goods or troop buildings - I can do that, as well. My only gripe with them is that they don't work with premium buildings.

I'm looking forward to the redesign feature, as it will make implementing City Planner changes a lot easier.

(And thankyouthankyouthankyou, Inno, for fixing the cancel production thing. It's been driving me nuts. :) )

Rabbi.

I think that Inno are addressing very interesting bugs and fixes this time. We know there are plenty to take care of but at least we can have these ones solved.

About the Treasure Hunt I was not using it at all anyway and DC when you are at the end of the Tree and Map is very easy to accomplish (I have not missed a single day so far in my main world).

I would like to see some improvements to GvG but I guess there is no interest yet in that aspect of the game that, some veteran players like me, really love.

To facilitate your city's rearrangement is really a must and really happy is in development.

DeletedUser34949

I LOVE the Treasure Hunt, I depend on it for some help, please don't remove it. For those of us who aren't quite as calculating or clever as the top players, we need all the help we can get. BTW, I love the incidents too, helps to build my medals, little by little.

Great choice on the Daily Challenge, that will help a lot, not to mention being able to re-design my city.

DeletedUser29055

Well, yes, during events you just have to ignore the daily quests with acquiring sectoru but they do not come up every day, so, you will still be able to make smaller progress towards the weekly price. Dc have nothing to do with story quest. My story quest stopped at one quest for months now bc i do not want to age up and it asks me to research a technology. That does not hinder me with dailies, though. Maybe events but that has been addressed before. Oh well. I don’t see a reason to not have th stay around, but i am not crying after it.

Oh, maybe i have missed that dailies asks for researching if you are not at the end of a tech tree of your age? Which i am since months. Someone correct me please if it asks for research.

DeletedUser30393

Excellent fixes/improvements, several of which were on my wish list! I hadn't considered the removal of the Treasure Hunt, but I haven't used it in ages...it was kind of an ancient hold-over. I especially like being able to click elsewhere to remove the "Stuff found!" dialog...that's how it's worked on mobile for quite a while.

Mandelynn

I have over 155 + FP 10 packs due to treasure hunt which is why I still play it.
Great buildings don't offer much with out mega investing beyond its fp value and its rare to place (at least for smaller players) at all in GBs except for a couple of metals.
I don't pay D/C since it forces me to move on in ages when I'm far from ready to.
I think, not sure, DC also puts any fps you get into the bar, not inventory, correct me if I'm wrong.
I desperately need fp packs.
Where else besides GBs can we get these?

DeletedUser30312

The increased zoom doesn't sound too bad. That city looks like several I attacked today though.

So Treasure Hunt is finally leaving. I only really use it my main city, and only then when I remember it's there. The rewards at this point are rather lackluster.

The DC change maybe makes it easier than it is, but OTOH, I don't have to worry about skipping it during an event like I do now. If it tells me to go conquer sectors or something else inconvenient, I can just skip it. I can also skip it now when the prize chests are lame, like if it gives me the choice of picking between the chest that has culture buildings and decos and the A Lot of Coins chest. Now that's a waste of time.

The reconstruction mode looks useful. It would be even better if one could add buildings to the city directly from inventory as well. It's a big addition, so I don't mind waiting for it to be added to the live servers.

Self-aid kits: finally a use for all those Mass Motivation kits! Now I can just drop them right before I collect every day and clean them out of my inventory. And I won't roll my eyes so much when the normal ones pop out of Incidents.

I think, not sure, DC also puts any fps you get into the bar, not inventory, correct me if I'm wrong.

Exploiting recurring quests can give you 5 FP packs. Otherwise, work on your Arc!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31592

I have over 155 + FP 10 packs due to treasure hunt which is why I still play it.
Great buildings don't offer much with out mega investing beyond its fp value and its rare to place (at least for smaller players) at all in GBs except for a couple of metals.
I don't pay D/C since it forces me to move on in ages when I'm far from ready to.

It hasn't added FPs to inventory for a few years. The TH adds it directly to your bar.

DeletedUser27046

If there were a vote on keeping the Treasure hunt or not, I would vote to keep it, even though I usually ignored it, it was/is kind of a good "tool" to have around. Speaking for myself, I think the biggest reason for ignoring it was because of the expiration time on it, if on an hour and I show up an hour late, then having to start over again at five minutes just got old, so keep it but remove the expiration times.

Am liking the sound of the fixes and future changes that were mentioned, but I for one would agree with who ever it was that mentioned it earlier, about some lag issues, most of mine is in/on the battle field, after a few battles it really gets to dragging. So I will keep my fingers crossed that as the problem came in it will go out, as they didn't mention a couple change log's back that there would be some lag introduced into the game, so maybe it will leave the same way, along with the sound problem, for instance, if I have ten black smiths, I click to set the time of production on the first one and no blacksmith clanging, but the rest are all good to go, so I don't believe it is my or a user issue. Thank you Panacea, AND thank youuuuuuuuu for playing Forge of Empires. :D

Mandelynn

It hasn't added FPs to inventory for a few years. The TH adds it directly to your bar.

I know, I forgot.
So GBs offer it, and once in a great while reoccurring quests.
That's it?
Wonder if they'll eventually do away with fp packs in general and just have them on the bar.

Mandelynn

I will REALLY miss the Treasure Hunt! No outrageous requests like take over 5 sectors... Oh, well, it will free up my time.

You just echoed my thoughts.
I always feel like I'm being pushed into the next era ready or not. Its the one MEGA down fall of the game to me. Its a fight to stay where I am for a bit and just save up my goods and what not.
It would be really nice if the game makers let you relax in an age.

DeletedUser30900

I know, I forgot.
So GBs offer it, and once in a great while reoccurring quests.
When you say once in a while, you mean every 2mins during collection time? My daily income of 5fps pack is around 10 so I don’t know what kind of strategy you are using but since you are seeking for packs you might pick the wrong one for yourself

DeletedUser13736

You just echoed my thoughts.
I always feel like I'm being pushed into the next era ready or not. Its the one MEGA down fall of the game to me. Its a fight to stay where I am for a bit and just save up my goods and what not.
It would be really nice if the game makers let you relax in an age.

I don't understand why game makers are making you go forward through the ages. I have camped comfortably in Progressive Era for about a year. I have not wanted or been forced to age up to modern era. You can ignore the quests. You can ignore the events. The Devs took out the majority of "research a tech" quests out of the event quests. They gave you an option to donate goods rather than research a tech.

How Did I Do It Then?
There comes a time when you should play for you. If you want to stay in an age, then stay there. So what if you miss a quest every once in a while? The long term benefit of camping and building your empire will outweigh the short term gain of an event building. Unless one of the rewards is an Alabaster Mason...Then age all the way to OF and get all the alabaster you can.

JohnDoesy

Inno Games wrote: Speedy aborting of Quests (Investigating)
We know that due to some recent bug fixes, aborting quests has slowed down somewhat, especially if done with many quests in a row. We are currently investigating ways of safely speeding this system up again.​

Yeah!! I've been wanting to update my Chateau Frontenac 's but the slowdown in recurring quests has almost stopped me from doing recurring quests all together. Hope you fix it soon.

Example: Adding 1400FP to a friend's Arc took me about 12 minutes when stopping to do 'Spend 66FP' recurring quest. Without the above 'speedy aborts' this is a game feature I now want to avoid. :(