• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Hidden Rewards

DeletedUser35025

What is the scam with the Side Quests that give a Hidden Reward of squat? In the Iron Age, it takes a couple days to collect supplies over a thousand, a side quest comes up asking for over 3,000 supplies for a Hidden Reward. OK, I pay almost all supplies I had to get 1 Coin!!! That was messed up, may be a glitch. OK, just after that another one pops for 4,444 coin, which I pay and only get 1 Coin. What kind of rip off is this? Is something broken? There is no reward, only loss!

DeletedUser

What is the scam with the Side Quests that give a Hidden Reward of squat? In the Iron Age, it takes a couple days to collect supplies over a thousand, a side quest comes up asking for over 3,000 supplies for a Hidden Reward. OK, I pay almost all supplies I had to get 1 Coin!!! That was messed up, may be a glitch. OK, just after that another one pops for 4,444 coin, which I pay and only get 1 Coin. What kind of rip off is this? Is something broken? There is no reward, only loss!
Welcome to the club. I think we all got snookered by that at the beginning. It may or may not pay Diamonds at some point, but I learned quickly to just abort them and not worry about it. I almost never do a Side Quest that gives Hidden Rewards unless it can't be aborted.

DeletedUser26965

http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Rinbin
and yes, it eventually leads to 40 diamonds
http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Jester's_Gift_III

latest

DeletedUser35025

Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one and that it is not a glitch but early in this game it is a big hit, I can't do anything for a long time without supplies.

wolfhoundtoo

Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one and that it is not a glitch but early in this game it is a big hit, I can't do anything for a long time without supplies.

That was your mistake. Don't do quests that 'break' you. Management of your resources is a key part of developing your city (it gets less critical as you age up but still an important element).

DeletedUser40704

The primary use of the "pay this" and get a Hidden Reward is the instant quest fulfillment for events. Plan on getting screwed 95% of the time.