• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

joining a guild has its ups and downs

DeletedUser35162

i havent joined a guild yet even though i have advanced one age. joining a guild as definded by a friend of mine has its benefits...however, you increase chance of getting plundered which is something i dont want to happen... recently someone sent invite to join a guild.. should i delay in joining a guild or snatch the oppurtunity?

DeletedUser26965

Although there actually is a probable chance to be attacked and plundered merely by being in a guild that most likely is a rather slight one as generally it would require that guild to be a GvG guild and have had gathered enemies or I suppose if someone from that guild plunders someone and that person plundered seeks revenge and threatens to hit all members of that guild they come across, I've seen that threat made mention from time to time. But in the end I wouldn't let that be a determining criterion for joining a guild. There are many guilds so you can always find another if you find the one you join not to your liking.

DeletedUser31592

Honestly, belonging to a guild can perhaps prevent plundering and also keeps friends from removing you. Not belonging to a guild is often a sign of being inactive, which makes your city a bigger target for attack and friends are more likely to get rid of you since they think you aren't playing anymore.

DeletedUser26965

Honestly, belonging to a guild can perhaps prevent plundering and also keeps friends from removing you. Not belonging to a guild is often a sign of being inactive, which makes your city a bigger target for attack and friends are more likely to get rid of you since they think you aren't playing anymore.
That would be a strange reason to attack someone since inactives get rotated out of hoods altogether. And if you're inactive would you really care if you're plundered?

DeletedUser31592

That would be a strange reason to attack someone since inactives get rotated out of hoods altogether. And if you're inactive would you really care if you're plundered?
They don't always get rotated out until the next swap. And it is easy points/easy win if you think/know they are inactive. When I have people in my hood who have deleted everything, of course I hit them if I get a DC forcing me to fight- it is a quick and easy fight (except for the few sadistic guys who leave a full defense when they quit). If I get the "win x battles in a row" and I have not PvPed in the hood at all, I will look for the guildless- I assume they are currently inactive, therefore more likely to not have a defense, or don't know how to play the game (the benefits of the guild- including having mentors).

DeletedUser26965

They don't always get rotated out until the next swap. And it is easy points/easy win if you think/know they are inactive. When I have people in my hood who have deleted everything, of course I hit them if I get a DC forcing me to fight- it is a quick and easy fight (except for the few sadistic guys who leave a full defense when they quit). If I get the "win x battles in a row" and I have not PvPed in the hood at all, I will look for the guildless- I assume they are currently inactive, therefore more likely to not have a defense, or don't know how to play the game (the benefits of the guild- including having mentors).
Yeah I've been finding for the DC tasks I just go for the bottom up in the hood and being in IA it's a pain with all these players that don't have PvP unlocked so whoever comes up first I hit. There are also a lot of causal guilds with a lot of inactive players but yeah generally any guild worth anything is going to kick inactives.

DeletedUser31882

should i delay in joining a guild or snatch the oppurtunity?

Snatch the opportunity. No game mechanical reason in delaying. You can leave a guild at any time and the only downside is you will have to wait a week to rejoin that guild if you regret the decision(Unless they have an application process, but that's a different ball of wax).

Once you get used to the basic components of what a guild is, you can then research what kind of guild would be best for you and your city.

DeletedUser35162

i was able to join a guild that someone sent an invite to. if by some reason i find out ive been plundered, i will giveup on guilding for awhile. we shall see how it goes

DeletedUser30900

i was able to join a guild that someone sent an invite to. if by some reason i find out ive been plundered, i will giveup on guilding for awhile. we shall see how it goes
comment only to mark for classic posts

DeletedUser35162

well ok...I recind my previous reply there. as the saying goes, its not the end of the world

KitKit035

Being in a guild or not has very little influence on if you are going to get plundered or not.

What is the main factor that determines if your city gets plundered is all your hands. It is your city defense that will be the determining factor. Others are going to attack for one reason or another (guild or no guild) and if your defense is weak you can and most likely will get plundered; spoils of war. But if your defense is stronger than the attacking army, you won't get plundered. Simply as that and has absolutely nothing to do with being in a guild or not.

Matter of fact, being in a guild could actually help because they can teach you how to set up a strong city defense.

Mustapha00

Being the occasional contrarian that I am, I'd venture to say that not being in a Guild might make you a more inviting target for being plundered because the attacker doesn't have to worry about retribution from higher members of your Guild or perhaps violating "truces" that have been formed between Guilds.