• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

inquiry on which browser to use for foe

• Thread starter DeletedUser35162
  • Start date

DeletedUser35162

i was told by someone in a ticket reply that in order for me to continue playing the game, the browser must be free from any addons so that they would not trigger alarms and get me temp banned. lastpass addon was the culprit in getting banned because i used the auto login option. which browser would be best suited to access foe? and does anyone here use adblocking addons -because iam thinking of using just the one addon, adguard and nothing else.

DeletedUser35162

hi there...i have complied with rules -sort of ...iam on new browser, torch. the only addons active are adguard, and speed dial (start.me). i cant imagine a world without addons...even just one. my activities are widespread all over the place...and thats why addons are nessesary in terms of blocking ads, remembering passwords. on this browser, i didnt add lastpass as a precaution

DeletedUser26965

Maybe for FoE just use a browser FoE likes to mention, they usually mention Chrome, Firefox, Opera and IE/Edge then sometime they say others, I guess you're in the others category.

DeletedUser35162

ah well...they didnt mention torch browser. i do have chrome/firefox and opera...but they all have many addons for the things i need...and will not discard them over foe game. for now, lets hope foe mods will accept this browser. with 2 addons active -which is in no way manipulating the game in any way shape or form.

(update) ive dumped torch browser because it has torrent downloader which i couldnt delete...iam now using opera neon with no addons! so far so good.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser32348

I use an older version of Comodo IceDragon with ublock add-on. It's a Firefox based browser and other browsers like Chrome and Firefox itself takes too much memory for flashplugin-container.exe which hangs my PC.

DeletedUser35162

I am on Firefox with a lot of add-ons. Add-ons aren't a problem. They don't know what they are talking about.
i got the impression that addons werent recommended while playing foe... i was chatting with an unpleasant bloke through my ticket -when he said those words "permanent banned" i was a bit scared. -but iam not willing to "disable" any of addons if i accessed foe on another browser that has active addons. i think, maybe ill get rid of opera neon and just use the other browsers i use to play foe...because i dont want to bog down the system.

DeletedUser32348

see if this helps
2ag6a03.jpg

DeletedUser35162

im not fan of comodo sorry...ive dropped neon browser and decided to use edge when i want to access game. no problem

DeletedUser35162

lol, i dont like maxthon either, dropped it last week...thx anyways. the browsers i have now are "vivaldi, chrome, opera stable, edge, UCweb, slimjet, firefox"

KitKit035

I use Chrome with a lot of add-ons including last pass. Not only do I use lastpass on my computer but I also use it on my tablet with auto login enabled on all devices. No problems at all. Don't know who you talked with, but I would do a new ticket and get another support agent to give you an answer.

DeletedUser11427

There's bugs using any browser, and it isn't the browsers fault

DeletedUser32009

Honestly, if support told me I was banned for addons, I would be extremely offended.
Understand I am not as computer literate as some of you. I had not even cut a computer on until I was 30, lol
I use chrome. I have issues but it isn't chrome. I have to reboot a lot. I also have to reboot my tv. It is an a local issue.
welcome to the boon docks!~

DeletedUser

Honestly, if support told me I was banned for addons, I would be extremely offended.
Understand I am not as computer literate as some of you. I had not even cut a computer on until I was 30, lol
I use chrome. I have issues but it isn't chrome. I have to reboot a lot. I also have to reboot my tv. It is an a local issue.
welcome to the boon docks!~
Get Google Fiber, it's amazing.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the advice Stephen. I'll look at it tomorrow.
At least my experience with it has been amazing. I do know a couple people that have had issues with it, but we've had it since it was first available here and have had little to no trouble with it.