• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

CHEATERS!!!!!

DeletedUser32009

In guild I’m a very polite person. I used that as an example. The times I have said something, the response I got was positive.
We are talking about an in guild thread. They are people I play with everyday.
I would get the same response if I just said, Excuse me, player x, you forgot to add your fp.
It isn’t a disagreement.
I have used my suggestion twice before. Since it was just an oversight, it was remedied simply.
There was zero problems.

KitKit035

I had a similar deal go in my guild. I had a member that kept "forgetting" to put their FP on a GB in the Swap thread after a certain person (always the same person). The first time it happened, they got a warning; the second time - 2 wks out of swap threads; and the third time removed from the guild. This is the guild policy.

Becuase the owner of the GB created drama about it, even after the missing FP where placed on their GB, they too where removed from the guild. It was explained to the rest of the members why both members were removed, the first for cheating FP in swap threads and the second for creating unnecessary drama and a toxic environment with their constant complaining and bad attitude. Everyone understood and things where soon forgot.

It is simple really, if you have a member(s) that is not following rules you remove them. It does not matter if it is by not donating the required FP in swap threads or creating drama. Both are creating unnecessary trouble that no guild leader should have to put up with, not to mention the guild members should have to live with.

DeletedUser26965

creating unnecessary drama and a toxic environment
sounds like someone needs a safe space;), frankly unless they're making false accusations or trying to foment a Coup d'état or something like constantly griping about guild requirements then it would take quite a bit for me to kick someone based on what they say as "drama" and "toxic" are so vague it can mean anything.

DeletedUser26965

There are so many forms that "drama" can take within a guild, that it is another thing that you won't like because it can't be pinned down to a precise formula. It's one of those things that takes experience to deal with, to know when it's drama and when it's not. I know you don't like this explanation, but it's something in the category of "you know it when you see it." That's why it's important to have experienced guild leaders with good people skills.
Spoken like a true dictator, thank goodness the FoE Constitution does not contain the Longshanks Drama Clause we all might hang.

DeletedUser27889

ha, they all cower at mere mention of your name I'm sure and wouldn't say a thing for fear of being kicked!
Actually I can attest to Mr. Longshanks abilities as a guild leader with zero fears of reproductions as I no longer had time to play the world I started on Y and joined his guild there. I found him to be very fair with multiple warnings or polite nudging if need be and holding booting until the last resort and I even have an example.

There was a guy in guild that would continue to post weirdly sexual messages in every post. When confronted he would say things like 'No no I was telling them to sit on my chicken'.. yeah just read into it. Anytime he was responding to a person with a female avatar in a public thread it would be some sexual come on to them. Then I and I do believe other 'female avatar people' began receiving private messages from the person, nothing too horrible but trying to get very personal asking about our relationship status, our ages, our locations and I mean the first messages, 'Hi are you single what do you look like how old are you?' It was clear they were tying to use the game as a dating site which is exactly how I responded to my message 'Why do you care if I'm single this isn't a dating site, I'm not here for that' and then getting a response of, 'No no you misunderstand I just want to get to know my guild mates' 'Oh okay then how are you?" "I'm good what do you look like have any kids where do you live'... I can't remember things exactly as it was over a year ago but it was the type of creep you'd just put on ignore normally but you couldn't because it was your guildmate.

Since I knew Stephen from here I pointed him in the direction of the posts he made in public (it was a new guild in a new world that grew insanely fast and chatted alot, it would be hard to keep up with everything) the messages from myself, the messages in public from the other 'female avatar players' asking him to stop and him not. Messages from other leaders asking him to stop, telling him not only is it not appreciated by the adults but that there are children here and him doing it again the next day, also the private messages we were getting.

If memory serves Stephen tried to just talk to him and get him to stop which he either said he wouldn't or said he would and immediately did it again with more 'No no I was talking about how much I like big GE chests!' when called out on his public comments or some ridiculous trolling so Stephen booted him.

Now, if he hadnt he would have risked losing some of his best members who didn't want to be in a guild with this person. That's what guild drama is, when one person is creating a situation that risks multiple good people up and leaving because of the atmosphere.

DeletedUser30900

Thanks, @Manda the first. I also remember that incident and how much I appreciated you bringing it to my attention back then. If I remember correctly (which isn't guaranteed because it was back in November or so), I had noticed the public posts and was concerned (and had possibly messaged him once already), and I appreciated your heads up about the private messages. Those, naturally, I would have had no way of knowing about otherwise.

And @sloppyjoeslayer, before you diss my guild leadership again, talk to some more of my members. Some are on the Forum, like @JCera and @Ozyman Tremble Weaklings, who will be back in a couple of weeks. If you want, I'll private message you the names of every other member of my guild on Yorkton. Or you could look them up. Many play on multiple worlds, so I'm sure you can find them to ask. My guild name on Y is Yakety Yak. You could also check with the members of The Magnificent Ones on Vingrid. It's a very small guild, but 4 of the other 5 members have been with me since shortly after that world opened. (On Vingrid, we were the Magnificent Seven, until 2 members had to quit the game due to real life constraints. Hence the name change.)
You just have a crazy fanboy chase after every single of your post and try to go against them. Don’t take it too serious, Stephen.

DeletedUser32009

I think drama in guild is very easy to define and spot. If it is something on a guild thread that goes on and on even after a solution has been posted is drama.
Arguing between 2 or a few people and forcing everyone else not involved to watch the whole process is drama.
There are up to 80 people in a guild, if one or more people are causing the rest of the guild to not enjoy their game time is drama.
Last but not least, not liking a rule that has been in effect before you join but thinking your idea is better and not shut up about it, drama.

DeletedUser32009

jesus, it's like you're under some sort of cult delusion or something, did he demand you write all that or else?
It is called guild loyalty, and most players are very loyal to their leader and guild. I’m sorry you don’t enjoy that aspect in game.

DeletedUser26965

It is called guild loyalty, and most players are very loyal to their leader and guild. I’m sorry you don’t enjoy that aspect in game.
Me and the Shanks have quite a long history on here, I'm messing with him, I though quite obviously so but apparently people really think I believe we would be hung literally with a lateral Longshanks Clause in a literal FoE constitution. I saw the glowing speech Manda wrote and laughed because in the face of all this obvious silliness he reconciled himself into making a glowing report almost playing the part of some sort of stockholm syndrome victim, I want to send the letter to the NSA and see if it can be cracked for clues to the Shanks compound. Here, this might help #sarc

DeletedUser31592

Well, as I tend to be an exemplary guildmate ( :D ), I am not the best to attest to @Stephen Longshanks leadership. As it usually happens behind the scenes (as it should!), I don't get to see much of it first hand. But our guild runs smoothly and with few issues. And he is always willing to listen to concerns.

DeletedUser31882

Yeah, I must of left my 'conspiracy nut' tinfoil hat on that day. I dug deep into that kool-aid.

Thankfully, I can get away with that from time to time. I can trust trust my fellow forum members to displaying diverse opinions and keep the ship out of the sole control of tinfoil hands!

Wait, you were talking about the anime oh my goddess weren't you?

Drat.

We have a 'No Drama' rule in my Guild.

This would definitely fall into the 'Drama' category.

Yarp.

Doesn't stop some people *looks in mirror* from trying to drag the spotlight onto themselves.

I don't know that that solution is really optimal for avoiding drama as a message in a public thread sometimes breaks down into everyone throwing their 2 cents in - especially since your above message i would read as a little tongue in cheek and condescending the way you phrased it. I've always just done simple to the point private messages when mistakes are made. They get straightened out quickly. Usually with an apology and an explanation. In the event that it did break down into hostile feelings it'd get forwarded to leadership. The less people exposed to a disagreement, the less drama it creates.
In guild I’m a very polite person. I used that as an example. The times I have said something, the response I got was positive.
We are talking about an in guild thread. They are people I play with everyday.
I would get the same response if I just said, Excuse me, player x, you forgot to add your fp.
It isn’t a disagreement.
I have used my suggestion twice before. Since it was just an oversight, it was remedied simply.
There was zero problems.

Great examples of what I'd call "Different strokes for different folks". Some people prefer impartial, silent leadership intervention to avoid snowball drama, others prefer the "Ho there friend! Your fly is unzipped!" "Haha! Thanks! How embarrassing!" everyone laughs and good times ensue. One can defuse the drama and maintain social order, the other gets the drama explosion over and done with fast and society moves on. I'm more partial to the latter, from a psychological point of view.

Actually I can attest to Mr. Longshanks abilities as a guild leader with zero fears of reproductions as I no longer had time to play the world I started on Y and joined his guild there.

Found the problem @sloppyjoeslayer ! Stephen's running a replicant factory! Call Harrison Ford er, Ryan Gosling? No wait that's... We need a Unicorn Blade Runner. Sorry Manda for the typo hijack. For the record, I liked your post for the detailed account of what a drama situation can be and how it was resolved.

Anywho, back to reading this forum drama... Which is all a distraction from the REAL conspiracy here!

DeletedUser33297

Well, I took a week off, from the game and the forums...Just to see of I thought the same thing when I returned. I apologize for all the drama on this thread, that was not my intent, as this is about ME. :p:D:D

Lets go over the basic gripe before I try and make my last statement concerning this issue.
1. I was cheated a swap thread on occasion by player A...I reported it to my advisor(Guild founder) and he made it right...the player gave me the fps
2. I was cheated again, twice in a 24 hr period, by the same player A. I again reported it to my sponsor, who took it up with management and decided that 3 times deserved a 2 week time-out from the swap threads.
Now, let me address THAT decision before I go on.
Player A had 2 excuses
1. He made a mistake
2. He intenionally tries to cheat and got caught. (If you see a 3rd option, please, let me know)

As to option 1, if a player makes THAT many mistakes, 2 in a 24 hr period, he's a liability to the Guild. How many people is he cheating due to his "mistakes?"
As to option 2, it needs no response.

My week away from the game gave me the insight that I was partially to blame. I should NOT have accepted their 2 week swap thread banishment when it was presented to me as their punishment. Instead I did, and then 10 days later, the overall absurdity of that decision got to me. By then it was too late. I might have had a chance if my issue was current, but after the fact, I didnt stand a chance, even if the issue had its merits, at both times. It appeared I was crying over spilt milk.

Here's my theory on how this happened:

Step 1. Most people play this game a couple times a day, they put their fps where they want, do their business and go about their lives.
They log back in and pretty much rinse and repeat. Unless they make a CONSCIOUS effort to KNOW exactly how many points that GB had when they did step 1, they have NO clue as to who and if any points were placed at all. Add into this, the theif, who makes sure he has 40 or 50 fps on any GB hes theiving, and its a no brainer. If confronted, he says "Look, I got 40 points...prove it was me."
I was lucky, Im retired, Im here ALL day and I took notes....My GB hadnt been leveled and the crook was missing 65 fps. It was a slam dunk.
Now ask yourself......who is going to do all of that?

I was taught when I was a child....People will continue to cheat as long as the effort it takes to catch them exceeds the effort those being theived are willing to put in.

It's obvious I didn't have Alabaster in my quickbar. For that, I apologize.

Thank you to those who had opinions. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser33297

Once again you're leaving out important details and not addressing at all the truth or accuracy of the leader's message that you posted, so until you come clean, apology not accepted.
That's funny @Stephen Longshanks I wasn't aware this was an apology. I apologized for the content since I created the thread, nothing more, nothing less.
As to the details you want....list them. I am more than happy to address them.

DeletedUser26965

Hey I retired as founder from my guild so I'm lacking in the drama department so this is making up for that lol.

I'm still with you trink.

56450154.jpg