• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Buying goods with FP

DeletedUser32009

When buying goods with FP and the rate is stated such as 1:3 (example)
Which is the first number number?
is it the person buying the goods or the person selling?
Thank you :)

DeletedUser31440

I would assume that to mean 1 fp buys 3 goods. Really should clear it up with the trader though as their opinion on what it means is the only one that makes any difference.

Arya66

I assume you mean 1 FP when you accept a trade with a non-guild member. ?? The ratio has nothing to do with FPs.
It is the need/offer amount of goods.
For every 1 you give, you will get 3.

Last edited:

DeletedUser27184

If you ask who should put his stuff first, the player with the FP or the player with the Goods?
In most cases, you first put the FP's, then the trader will take a trade of goods for that.

Arya66

Are you talking about PRIVATE trades, or MARKET trades??

DeletedUser32009

I just had a miscommunication with a person I am buying goods from. I should have saved the thread that stated the goods rate. I put the fp on. My question was more in regards as to what the goods ratios means, ie 1:2, 1;3 etc.
all is fine. I'll be sure to save threads in the future.

DeletedUser31592

Ratios work in both directions, so it is impossible to tell without clarification. Which is why you have to ask the seller in this case.

When teaching ratios (which I did for many years) my students would be marked down for not labeling. For example 3 apples:4 oranges and 4 oranges:3 apples. Both mean the same thing. So if they had written 3:4 or 4:3, it would be marked down as it is impossible to know what they were comparing. A sentence also worked: There are 4 oranges for every 3 apples. or The ratio of apples to oranges is 3:4.

While they are similar to fractions, they do differ because the order can change without changing the ration. With fractions, 3/4 does not equal 4/3.

DeletedUser26965

Ratios work in both directions, so it is impossible to tell without clarification. Which is why you have to ask the seller in this case.

When teaching ratios (which I did for many years) my students would be marked down for not labeling. For example 3 apples:4 oranges and 4 oranges:3 apples. Both mean the same thing. So if they had written 3:4 or 4:3, it would be marked down as it is impossible to know what they were comparing. A sentence also worked: There are 4 oranges for every 3 apples. or The ratio of apples to oranges is 3:4.

While they are similar to fractions, they do differ because the order can change without changing the ration. With fractions, 3/4 does not equal 4/3.
Sheesh, you know you could have just asked the kiddies before scarring them for life with your little red pen and frownie faces. Did you even give them directions? god help us all

wolfhoundtoo

That's going to vary world by world and if you are getting the goods from a guild mate or some random other player. Also it would matter what goods you are trading as well. if you are trading ME goods for PME goods the cost over all in FPs would presumably be less than if you paid bronze age goods. I'd suggest going into chat and asking people if they want to do trade you PME goods for forge points and see what offers you get.

Drol The Lord

1 FP for 3 Good also implies there will be also be a trade of a 1 low age good for 2 high age good. The person receiving the good makes the bid and the transaction is completed ASAP. This is standard for the Hood and for Friends. Within a Guild, it would be great when high age players help out low age players, just remember it is very hard for low age players to have a lot of FPs. In the end, a fair trade is one where both people agree to the terms.

DeletedUser26560

I am very concerned with how the price for Goods has escalated and how total greed has taken over. I have been quoted 1:1 (1 good for 1 FP), which for an AF GB would be about 2600FPs. To put things in perspective the previous price was NORMALLY 750FPs. How RIDICULOUS it that. For that many FPs I could get to AF and make my own.
#1 if you do take these deals you are further building these trolls up and setting a standard that will stunt new or normal players, this damages the game. I wont buy or sell at these prices and I hope you consider doing the same. These same player never bought their high end GBs at these prices and now they want to strip mine the up and coming lower players.

DeletedUser26965

I am very concerned with how the price for Goods has escalated and how total greed has taken over. I have been quoted 1:1 (1 good for 1 FP), which for an AF GB would be about 2600FPs. To put things in perspective the previous price was NORMALLY 750FPs. How RIDICULOUS it that. For that many FPs I could get to AF and make my own.
#1 if you do take these deals you are further building these trolls up and setting a standard that will stunt new or normal players, this damages the game. I wont buy or sell at these prices and I hope you consider doing the same. These same player never bought their high end GBs at these prices and now they want to strip mine the up and coming lower players.
Just say no thank you and keep searching for a better deal. Also don't forget I don't think many players are still hanging around in AF since OF came out so AF goods aren't going to be as much in supply now as they were by the start of OF.