• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Stop the Plundering INNO !!!!!

• Thread starter DeletedUser32439
  • Start date

DeletedUser32439

how many buildings do i need to delete...

i spend MY time and ENERGY getting the santa set, and all that happenes is it get plundered, I spent the time and enerygy, for some derpo's to get the rewadrs.....

NO...i'm not playing this game just to give away my stuff.

so i deleted my santa set, i deleted my masquarade ball....bla bla bla.

Please take plundering out of the game. it makes me angry, and it makes others angry.
why should we play a game that makes us angry....i abuse players that plunder me, and soon i will get a ban from it, but i dont care.

you make a game that makes ppl angry,what kind of derpos do that....INNO

DeletedUser29208

I used to get angry when people plundered me, but now I accept it as part of the game play. I generally try to collect at the same time every day to minimize the impact of plundering, but sometimes I get caught up in other things and it leaves my buildings ripe for the picking. I get it...people have lives and other things to do so you can't always schedule when you can play...but the alternatives are available...beef up your defense. If you're defending a colonial age city, for instance, with two spearmen, you deserve to get plundered. If you don't have all eight defensive slots completely filled with the most modern troops at your disposal, you deserve to get plundered. If you are defending your city with an army that consists mostly or entirely of rogues, you deserve to get plundered. My suggestion is, quit whining and build buildings that enhance your defense. Get ritual flames and watchfires up as soon as you acquire them. Got buildings in your inventory that offer defense? Get them up as well. Spend tavern coin on defensive bonuses if you know you're not going to be around for a while. Hey, there's even a city shield available that prevents you from being raided or plundered for up to three days. There are always in-game options...you just have to find the combination of those options that work best for you.

cbalto1927

i spend MY time and ENERGY getting the santa set, and all that happenes is it get plundered, I spent the time and enerygy, for some derpo's to get the rewadrs.....

Please take plundering out of the game. it makes me angry, and it makes others angry.
why should we play a game that makes us angry....i abuse players that plunder me, and soon i will get a ban from it, but i dont care.

Plundering is part of the game. Collect on time is the best way to go.

DeletedUser10720

All of them.

Plundering is a part of the game and will not be discontinued. In fact. It should be encouraged.

Instead of deleting a set because someone plundered it a few times, follow the advice of others and collect on time or setup a city shield. Up your defense or aid your hood more often. Add a few of the more aggressive hoodies to your friends list.

If you've been around long enough to get the Xmas set, you've been through multiple hoods and had ample opportunity to earn quite a bit.

DeletedUser8428

Unfortunately, you developed a faulty impression of what this game is about.

If plundering makes you angry, then you'll need to either a) develop strateges to help offset the effects of plundering and.or b) find a different game to play. Many experienced players created a thread titled, "Help I'm being plundered!" here : https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/help-i-am-being-plundered.13247/ This can provide you with information about how to protect against and work around plunder.

If your intent when you came to FOE was to build a city, there are multiple other city building games online (including one by Innogames called Elvenar). But your request for Inno to get rid of plundering in THIS game is a bit like asking the NFL to get rid of tackling because you don't like it. Full body contact is the reason that the NFL is the NFL. If you take that out, then you're playing Pee-Wee touch football which is a different game.

If you don't like this game, find another. But don't make yourself crazy - this is a GAME.

Triopoly Champion

I put up some previous age goods buildings to make the plunderers upset, limestone masons are never what the Colonial plunderers will like to collect on.

Plundering is part of the game for the many worlds, it adds depth of the knowledge base, increase your understanding how the military units work out.

It'll still be a good idea to have 1 specific world where no plundering is allowed, just to make the whole strategy different, so the pacifists can live there.

I have to admit that if no plundering are allowed, I cannot overtake JCera's score with my Colonial city. About 30% of my ranking score earned from attacking and plundering.

1 specific world where you can spend diamonds to change the continent deposit bonus too.

Last edited:

plinker2

Bulid GB's that will bolster your defenses, strengthen your army, and plunder as well. As all of the above has mentioned, it's a part of the game. The white-hot heat of battle refines you and your city. We ALL have been plundered. Here, it is not breaking the law, it makes you more powerful and aids you in your quest to build a better, stronger city!

DeletedUser26965

Just make a recurring quest city, then all they might be able to plunder is a silly blacksmith or whatever and virtually does nothing to effect your game. Then write a message laughing at them.

DeletedUser25166

Bulid GB's that will bolster your defenses, strengthen your army, and plunder as well. As all of the above has mentioned, it's a part of the game. The white-hot heat of battle refines you and your city. We ALL have been plundered. Here, it is not breaking the law, it makes you more powerful and aids you in your quest to build a better, stronger city!
My main city has not been plundered in 2 years. FE 60%/1046% defense with 5 OE, 2 AE, 1 FE troops.
I get my Goods thru plundering.

Agent327

You should spend your time and energy on defending your city and collecting on time.

Then do something about it.

It makes me happy, it makes others happy. Guess that cancels your argument.

why should we play a game that makes us angry

Nobody is forcing you. May I suggest Elvenar as an alternative

....i abuse players that plunder me, and soon i will get a ban from it, but i dont care.

Rather childish and it will only make them laugh.

Derpos?????

Graviton

That was...unwise. No Store Item kits? You may as well start a new city on another server.

i abuse players that plunder me, and soon i will get a ban from it, but i dont care.

If by 'abuse' you mean that you send them nasty message, then trust me: they don't consider that abuse. They consider that a badge of honor. You might even see yourself in the Plunder Progress thread.

So yeah, collect on time.

DeletedUser8428

i deleted everything that can be plundered on "U" server.

i now have a new aim. to get every GB.
You may (or may not) want to change that goal. Good idea to check out descriptions of all GB in the WIKI here -
http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Great_Buildings

Some you'll find useful for protection or population or goods or coins. Others will only provide bonuses if you plunder someone else (that may not be what you're looking for )

DeletedUser10720

i now have a new aim. to get every GB.

This was my primary objective when I first was establishing myself in game. I have managed to accomplish this, I am ~10 levels from all of them reaching L10 and then I'll start hyper focusing and building the more beneficial ones much higher.

You may (or may not) want to change that goal.

Is right. While they aren't plunderable, many are less than efficient when it comes to their output, even at L10 and above. I've been lucky and built / leveled depending on needs. It is a long process, the goods and fps involved are very expensive. In time and effort.

If you want to make a plunder-proof city, focus on things that get motivated, avoid sets, and instead of *every GB* hyper focus on the defense boosters, get more watchfires from events and run expedition for RF.

Sending hate mail won't stop a plunderer. It's likely only putting a target on your back. As many stated it's considered a badge of honor or a form of entertainment. You're effectively drawing attention to yourself in a warzone and acting surprised when you get shot.

DeletedUser15539

Someone is plundering you? Plunder them back. That's what I do.

Mustapha00

Your first two suggestions are next to useless because Inno will not change the city defense AI to mirror that of the Continent Map AI so that your city defensive units will not concentrate of attacking Rogues. Well in excess of 90% of the time, when my city defense os defeated, it is because the attacker uses one actual unit and 7 Rogues. Since the city defense AI ignores the real unit and concentrates on the Rogues, you end of having to defeat eight of whatever unit the attacker uses, since he will- smartly- park his real unit in the top left corner and let you bang away on his Rogues. I don't blame the player for doing that; I blame Inno for making it possible for the player to do that.

The only reason I say "next to useless" rather than just plain "useless" is that I have found a city defense of 300%+ to be a deterrent. You can still be defeated, but usually not at a price the attacker is willing to consistently pay- they'll look for easier targets instead. But having such a defense isn't easy to build, nor fast to achieve, and it absolutely does require some trade-offs as to what you build and what you do not. That Deal castle has quite the footprint, you know.

But no, I would not support a call for removing the ability to Plunder from the game.