• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Which world to spend diamonds in?

• Thread starter DeletedUser34910
  • Start date

DeletedUser34910

I only spend them om one world to get to the top. Spend them on expensions on every world and you are mediocre everywhere.

Now I'm curious. So on your supporting world, what is your strategy/goal? Do you still play the game the same way, or do you use a different strategy to help boost your main world?

Agent327

Now I'm curious. So on your supporting world, what is your strategy/goal? Do you still play the game the same way, or do you use a different strategy to help boost your main world?

Yep. I focus totally on one world. On my supporting worlds I try to place as many Wishing Wells as I can and buildings that produce fp's for crossdeals.

DeletedUser34910

Yep. I focus totally on one world. On my supporting worlds I try to place as many Wishing Wells as I can and buildings that produce fp's for crossdeals.

So far in my two months I have won zero Wishing Wells. I have one Fountain of Youth. Lol is it easier to win them as you progress?

wolfhoundtoo

So far in my two months I have won zero Wishing Wells. I have one Fountain of Youth. Lol is it easier to win them as you progress?

The longer you are here then the more events you participate in which gives you greater chances of winning the wishing wells. It also helps if you have a temple of relics as you can win prizes as you complete encounters in GE in addition to the chests. Also if you are doing GE each week then that gives you a lot of chances to win the fountains so presumably you'll gather more eventually.

Also once you've been here a bit you may get a better idea of the best way to handle events and to target what you want out of them. Ask in the forums when the next big event for ideas and you should get some helpful advice (and some not so helpful but you can generally tell who's trying to assist and who isn't with a bit of careful reading).

DeletedUser31592

I play in 7 worlds. Through GE, I pull in 1000+ diamonds per week. I have purchased all of the available diamond expansions in each of my worlds.

With 2 worlds, you will obviously earn less diamonds. I would purchase the first few in my secondary world (the 200 and 400 ones- without looking it up I believe there are a total of 6), and then focus on my main account. It is pretty silly not to take advantage of that cheap space. Once you get to the 600 diamond expansions, there are 10 or more at that price, which is why I wouldn't bother until I maxed out my main.

DeletedUser32973

I play in 7 worlds. Through GE, I pull in 1000+ diamonds per week. I have purchased all of the available diamond expansions in each of my worlds.

With 2 worlds, you will obviously earn less diamonds. I would purchase the first few in my secondary world (the 200 and 400 ones- without looking it up I believe there are a total of 6), and then focus on my main account. It is pretty silly not to take advantage of that cheap space. Once you get to the 600 diamond expansions, there are 10 or more at that price, which is why I wouldn't bother until I maxed out my main.

I'm hesitant to spend diamonds on expansions in my diamond farms. One expansion is a little less than 2 wishing wells of space. That's a lot of time for those wishing wells to pay back the diamonds expended on expanding. I'd rather just dump fp in arcs to get medal expansions tbh.

DeletedUser29726

On a world that's established it's going to be a diamond farm i never spend. But often when playing a new world for fun at the start of it I will buy the first few diamond expansions. It's the time when the space makes the most difference because you have so little. And they're significantly cheaper. And the premise I'm there in the first place revolves around the idea that I might care how i do on that world - it's no fun if you don't care, and i have more than enough diamond mines i don't log into. Eventually those worlds sometimes turn into diamond mines when I get bored of them but it's not like I regret the expenditure for 4 expansions on a new world instead of 1 on my long running main that doesn't really NEED space anymore anyways.

DeletedUser32973

It takes an exceptionally long time to get enough wishing wells to make a big difference. You get most of them from events like the carnival event we had a few months back, however a lot of events are pretty stingy on WW. Your young diamond farms will make most of their diamonds from GE. Short term I suggest that you really focus on getting the 3 attack GBs up and running so you can auto most of GE and save yourself some time. WW/FoY will come with time.

DeletedUser31592

I'm hesitant to spend diamonds on expansions in my diamond farms. One expansion is a little less than 2 wishing wells of space. That's a lot of time for those wishing wells to pay back the diamonds expended on expanding. I'd rather just dump fp in arcs to get medal expansions tbh.

I look at those first few (200 and 400) as a quick investment- without them, it would be hard to have enough goods to do GE4 the moment you are eligible. Those couple of extra expansions allow for a few more goods buildings. GE4 is where the diamonds are, not WWs and FoYs.

But, adding to that, the more GE4 you do, the more FoYs you have... It is a small sacrifice that will quickly pay itself back and then some.

Besides, if 200 diamonds is too much of an investment, you aren't diamond farming correctly. I pull in 1000+ per week. Some weeks it is 1500+. 200? A drop in the bucket. Odds are you will earn that the first time you complete GE4.

DeletedUser32973

I look at those first few (200 and 400) as a quick investment- without them, it would be hard to have enough goods to do GE4 the moment you are eligible. Those couple of extra expansions allow for a few more goods buildings. GE4 is where the diamonds are, not WWs and FoYs.

But, adding to that, the more GE4 you do, the more FoYs you have... It is a small sacrifice that will quickly pay itself back and then some.

Besides, if 200 diamonds is too much of an investment, you aren't diamond farming correctly. I pull in 1000+ per week. Some weeks it is 1500+. 200? A drop in the bucket. Odds are you will earn that the first time you complete GE4.

I'm pulling in 1500+ a week so I'm diamond farming correctly ;). Also I fight. I don't have goods buildings on my diamond farms. A 200 diamond expansion will pay itself back in ~250 days granted you needed the extra space immediately for the wishing wells/FoYs. Now I didn't mess around with goods in the early days of my farms, and maybe I should have (call it laziness I guess). However, I don't think you need to have those extra expansions to produce enough goods to get through GE4. On a young diamond farm you won't have WW/FoYs taking up space in the first place. It's not that it's a huge expense to get the expansions, it's just that it isn't necessary. I guess it's really not that big of a deal either way though, because as you said GE4 is where all the diamonds are.

DeletedUser29623

I started a secondary world because a friend on my main server told me about diamond farming (I didn’t really understand how it worked), but then I got into a good guild and avoided the mistakes I made the first time around and I got interested in it for its own sake, so it really goes back and forth which city I’m more excited about. When you camp in the early ages, it doesn’t really matter about which city gets the diamond expansions because you have plenty to spend on them before you move up an age.