• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Is there a way to keep research coin/supplies/goods in the same order?

AceGoober

Yeah, I know, my OCD is rearing it's head. :p

I keep a spreadsheet of past/current/future requirements for research and GBs. The spreadsheet helps me plan ahead for current and future needs plus show what has been spent on prior research and GBs.

One of the issues I'm running into is the order which the requirements are listed keeps on changing. For example:

Research: Fusion Power

When I initially entered the requirements they were listed as such:

Good1 (Electromagnets)
Supplies
Good2 (Semiconductors)
Coins

I just looked at requirements again and they were listed as:

Supplies
Coins
Good2 (Semiconductors)
Good1 (Electromagnets)

This isn't the only instance. The order the requirements have been listed has changed on every research object practically every time I log into the game.

Is there any possible way of keeping the list order standardized? If it is possible, can we have the list as such:

Coins
Supplies
Good1 (alphabetical - Electromagnets)
Good2 (alphabetical - Semiconductors)

Thanks in advance for reading this far. :)

AceGoober

Thank you for the response.

I have read the Proposal Guidelines and have a proposal ready to submit if this is a change wanted by the community. For me it would be invaluable to ease organization and planning.

DeletedUser31882

Thank you for the response.

I have read the Proposal Guidelines and have a proposal ready to submit if this is a change wanted by the community. For me it would be invaluable to ease organization and planning.

I'd only submit it if you are prepared to be met with criticism.

Worse case scenario: You'll get many much snark with the point probably boiling down to what Agent said (Nobody noticed/cares).

Best case: A lot of boring yeses, you'll have to come back in two weeks to nominate the proposal, then check when it is put up for voting, maybe advocate for people to go to the polls to vote and then hope that, months from now, whoever handles proposals on the dev side approves it and it gets implemented... someday.

Personally, I wouldn't commit to it, but if your OCD demands it, then there is a high likelihood of you getting at least one yes vote.

DeletedUser26965

Worse case scenario: You'll get many much snark with the point probably boiling down to what Agent said (Nobody noticed/cares).

Best case: A lot of boring yeses, you'll have to come back in two weeks to nominate the proposal, then check when it is put up for voting, maybe advocate for people to go to the polls to vote and then hope that, months from now, whoever handles proposals on the dev side approves it and it gets implemented... someday.

Personally, I wouldn't commit to it, but if your OCD demands it, then there is a high likelihood of you getting at least one yes vote.
Sad isn't it? This whole slimy process of forum proposals is a stain on FoE. Dark days on the forums mostly due to like 3-4 people dragging the whole thing into the mud; reject, troll, false sense of superiority, poo flinging nonsense, and all for what I ask, are their lives really so deplete of compassion, are their minds really so degraded to have reached psychopathy, HAVE THEY NO SOUL? God help us all.

Agent327

Sad isn't it? This whole slimy process of forum proposals is a stain on FoE. Dark days on the forums mostly due to like 3-4 people dragging the whole thing into the mud; reject, troll, false sense of superiority, poo flinging nonsense, and all for what I ask, are their lives really so deplete of compassion, are their minds really so degraded to have reached psychopathy, HAVE THEY NO SOUL? God help us all.

Says the guy who did not notice it after two years of playing.

DeletedUser31882

I'm of two-minds when it comes to trolls.

I think some have no soul. No soul in the classic vampire/no-morals/no-values kinda thing. Those can rot (if they have little/no power) or be cleansed (Fire? Is that the most sadistic way to purify? Oops! My sadism bias is showing!).

The others that live a life deplete of compassion or suffer from mind-degradation? Salvageable(Care Bear Bias). Probably will take a village to do it, but better than letting them rot with the no soul trolls.

I suppose an easier solution would be heavier mod presence, but I'm also biased there. I'd put in an app, but then this would probably happen.

DeletedUser26965

Care Bear Bias
LET'S GIVE THEM THE...

latest

AceGoober

I'm a honorably discharged U.S. Marine and a moderator on a popular gaming mod website. Neither criticism nor 'snarky' remarks bother me. Sometimes one has to look past the BS to get to the message the person is attempting to deliver (or not).

I will be submitting a Proposal this weekend once full vetting of details are finished. OCD kicked in because I am a 30 plus year computer technician who places organization in high regard. Yet, I do realize that when Innogames was producing FoE that this wasn't at the top of their To-Do list.

Even if the proposal doesn't get approved for implementation this isn't something that will prevent me from having fun with the game. :)

AceGoober

Well I'll be...Innogames implemented the changes without me having to submit a proposal. Every age is now organized as was suggested:

Coin
Supplies
Good1
Good2

Thank you, Innogames. You all just made my organization efforts easier. Greatly appreciated. :)