• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Why aren't there any daily quests that reward players for plundering?

DeletedUser36128

Why not have quests that rewards players for plundering x amounts of coins/supplies and goods? In my neighborhood I haven't been attacked once and we are all in EMA! Doing this would give incentive for players to plunder each other and breath life into PVP, so why not?

Graviton

Stealing stuff isn't enough incentive to plunder?

I have seen tasks about plundering before but I'm old and self-medicating and my memory is terrible, so I can't recall details.

Last edited:

DeletedUser31592

No, thanks. (And I have my share of people who hate me for plundering them.) Not only do I not want it because then my own city would be more vulnerable, but also because I don't bother to plunder unless goods or FPs are available. I don't need coins or supplies (or BPs). I'm not going to take just because I can. I only want useful things.

BruteForceAttack

Before we go to plundering, there isnt even DC for attacking hood, however there is one for aid.

Inno kida/sorta want to be a social game...more money in that compared to encouraging ppl to attack others.... thats just my 2c

wolfhoundtoo

Before we go to plundering, there isnt even DC for attacking hood, however there is one for aid.

Inno kida/sorta want to be a social game...more money in that compared to encouraging ppl to attack others.... thats just my 2c

From my perspective Inno wants more players (who spend diamonds). They take whatever kind of players that may be whether it's fighters or not. As for Inno favoring the social aspect they do indeed favor that as it enhances many players game. Makes them happy and stay longer and the longer you stay the longer they have to try and get some money out of you.

As for favoring aid versus fighting let's look at the entirety of the game (feel free to add something if I forget anything):

1) GE pretty much favors attacking. Negotiating is pretty expensive over all goods wise and is much harder to maintain from my perspective than fighting. At minimum this is a wash between fighter/farmer so certainly not favoring the farmer.
2) Weekly tournaments from fighting flatly favors fighters as you aren't going to get those points without fighting. While those medals aren't that many if you do enough of them they can help shorten the time for some of your medal expansions.
3) Daily challenges have plenty of battle requirements still (the fight the small, medium and large armies) which has no option to negotiate so can't really say that favors nonfighters.
4) GVG is a bit of a mixture as you need goods (or medals for AA) to hold lots of sectors to get power but basically the whole system for power is heavily favored towards fighting.
5) There's at least one GB that gives you rewards when you plunder.

So to summarize I submit your belief that Inno favors the 'social' game and that somehow doesn't include fighters is a bit off.

Salsuero

So... this would really be troublesome if everyone in the hood starts plundering everyone because it means you would be reliant on getting there first. If you attack your hood and no one has anything to plunder, either because they collect on time or they've been plundered already, then how do you propose to complete the task? Is it fair to cause someone to fail simply because there's nothing for them to actually plunder? This seems like the definition of a potential impossible task. You'd have to reorganize your schedule to make sure you are finding the right times to attempt plunder... all to revolve around a single challenge. And to boot, you wouldn't be able to aid your hood until after the daily challenges drop, which again, affects your scheduling routine.

DeletedUser29646

I am against this idea.
1. People don't want to make enemies in their hood.
2. People make non plunder able cities using buildings that all can be motivated.
3. PvP should always be optional and not feel forced. We all ready have win X amount of battles which makes people do PvP all ready, without having to plunder to make enemies.

DeletedUser32328

Any DC task that I need to "Win x number of battles," "Win x number of battles in a row," or "Defeat X number of units," I always execute on the hood. Gotta love those 2-spear cities. GE open or not. Once I in their city, if I see they have trouble collecting on time, I'm happy to help out and collect what I can.
I applaud you good sir, helping out your neighbour like that.

Graviton

I another kinda-plunder story, and I will reiterate that I have no issue with plundering nor plunderers in general. But this guy...

He hits my city while I'm fulfilling the "Do x number of 5-minute productions" Event task. He plunders my Magnum Opus and I chuckle, he got like 300 supplies or something insubstantial.

Later that day I notice he'd sent a message to the entire 'hood, went something like, "Aid me every day and I'll aid you, if you don't aid me I'll plunder you."

So I reply, "I don't heed extortion warnings, do what ya gotta do. If you need aid that badly I suggest refreshing your friends list."

He denied it was extortion because aiding someone isn't the same as giving them something. :confused:

I explained it was extortion, but that was okay with me. "It probably works on a lot of people, just not me."

Another neighbor chimed in and seemed to disagree that it was extortion, because aiding another player is "mutually beneficial". So I explained that, as I have a full and active friends list and a large guild, I already receive more aid than I need. Also I play on seven worlds so I don't have time to aid neighbors. And even if I did, I don't respond to extortion.

It was then that the OP replied thusly: "Just accept that some people are so incredibly selfish that mutual aid is actually painful for them."

Yes, a plunderer and extortionist is lecturing others on selfishness. You can't make this stuff up.

DeletedUser30900

All jokes aside, if you can actually make a proposal for this, I will vote yes:)

Salsuero

Daily Challenges that ask me to alienate my neighbors and take things that I don't need (or want) would be a huge turn-off in this game for me.

DeletedUser30312

Any DC task that I need to "Win x number of battles," "Win x number of battles in a row," or "Defeat X number of units," I always execute on the hood. Gotta love those 2-spear cities. GE open or not. Once I in their city, if I see they have trouble collecting on time, I'm happy to help out and collect what I can.

Execute is certainly the appropriate word here. :D

RazorbackPirate

Execute is certainly the appropriate word here. :D
I work with the 2-spear cities. I consider it my civic duty to both attack and to plunder them. Without plunder there is no loss, without loss there is no pain. Without the pain of loss, there is no motivation to change.

After repeatedly attacking and plundering a 2-spear city, there's a huge sense of accomplishment coming back to attack, but finding a defending army instead of the 2-spear defense. When that finally happens, I just surrender and send them a message saying "Nice to see a defending army in place. Glad I could help you improve your game. Forge on!"

Then I just Aid them. Like anyone else with a defending army. This allows me to focus my neighborhood education efforts on the 2-spear cities. It's tough. You get in so easily then see everything else wrong with their city. A Town Hall 2 ages beyond any other building in town. Making non-boosted goods from 2-3 ages prior to their own. There's so much I wish I could help them with. So, I just do what I can. But you can't reach them all.

There are always those cities, even after 2 weeks of intensive schooling on the importance of a proper city defense, and need for timely collections, that never set up a defending army, they never learn to collect on time, they never improve. They just rotate away. It's heartbreaking, really.

I try to focus on the wins.

Last edited: