• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

CF Leveling group a good idea?

DeletedUser35712

On one of the newer worlds released on a different server, the top players made a pact not to rush to build an arc. They want to keep the world Arc-free for a while because in their opinion, the Arc ruins the game. So instead of getting an Arc to level 80 as there will be no arcs at least for the next year, I was thinking of leveling my Chateau as high as possible. I am thinking of also having a 5-person group that puts in FP’s similar to an arc leveling group so that everybody can get enough BP’s to unlock further levels. Is this a stupid idea?

DeletedUser

On one of the newer worlds released on a different server, the top players made a pact not to rush to build an arc. They want to keep the world Arc-free for a while because in their opinion, the Arc ruins the game. So instead of getting an Arc to level 80 as there will be no arcs at least for the next year, I was thinking of leveling my Chateau as high as possible. I am thinking of also having a 5-person group that puts in FP’s similar to an arc leveling group so that everybody can get enough BP’s to unlock further levels. Is this a stupid idea?
Any idea that has players working together constructively towards a common goal is not stupid.

DeletedUser31592

Chateau BPs are not always easy to acquire in ANY world. Many people don't understand the value of the GB and don't take it past 10, making it hard to get prints. So a group is definitely not a bad idea.

DeletedUser35712

Any idea that has players working together constructively towards a common goal is not stupid.
Maybe stupid might not be the right word, but rather "would this be a good use of forge points and resources, etc."
Many people don't understand the value of the GB and don't take it past 10, making it hard to get prints. So a group is definitely not a bad idea.
I'm wondering if I should stay in IA until I get my Chateau all the way up to 72, which would make it a perpetual motion machine and churn out forge points for free (basically an Arc for those who want carpal tunnel), or if I should advance. I do really want to help other guild members level up their GBs quickly and at no cost from my end.

DeletedUser35712

Well have you ever leveled a CF very high?
Nope. This is going to be the first time for me to build a CF, but looking at the perpetual motion stuff, it sounds very enticing. It's going to make months, but that's the only alternative towards infinite FP's other than the Arc.

DeletedUser33036

Nope. This is going to be the first time for me to build a CF, but looking at the perpetual motion stuff, it sounds very enticing. It's going to make months, but that's the only alternative towards infinite FP's other than the Arc.
It will take even longer in a world with no arcs. I guess the qustion is why do this in this particular world? Other than that, I really like the perpetual motion idea.

DeletedUser35712

It will take even longer in a world with no arcs. I guess the qustion is why do this in this particular world? Other than that, I really like the perpetual motion idea.
I like the long-haul challenges, and being able to get infinite FP's in the end. I would say it's the only way for me to get into the top of the rankings without spending a dime, because nobody is going to build an arc for at least a year or so.

DeletedUser33036

I like the long-haul challenges, and being able to get infinite FP's in the end. I would say it's the only way for me to get into the top of the rankings without spending a dime, because nobody is going to build an arc for at least a year or so.
I would build a level one ToR then, as it quickly pays for itself. I would also consider building and leveling attack buildings. Finally I would aim for FP producing buildings during events.

Agent327

I would still go for the Arc and find a group to level that. Let's see how fast they will change their mind. In contrary to what they think, it is not their game. They do not decide what you are allowed to do. Going against them is a great way to beat them.

DeletedUser35712

I would still go for the Arc and find a group to level that. Let's see how fast they will change their mind. In contrary to what they think, it is not their game. They do not decide what you are allowed to do. Going against them is a great way to beat them.
Should I camp, and wait for a non-pact person to get the Arc, or go into the Future Era? I don’t want to lose the chance of not being able to use perpetual motion.

DeletedUser31440

Should I camp, and wait for a non-pact person to get the Arc, or go into the Future Era? I don’t want to lose the chance of not being able to use perpetual motion.

How much time are you willing to spend quest looping? To make an appreciable amount of fp's per day is going to be quite repetitive and boring.

DeletedUser35712

How much time are you willing to spend quest looping? To make an appreciable amount of fp's per day is going to be quite repetitive and boring.
30 minutes a day at least. I HQ on mobile when I’m on the treadmill. Cookie-clicker Forge of Empires here I come.

Last edited by a moderator:

Volodya

Well, not really "infinite;" the heat death of the multiverse is bound to eventually get in the way of your hubris.

DeletedUser35250

I think I would love a CF group on J, S, and X, where I have the Château. Of course, mine are only level 5. :-/

DeletedUser35712

I think I would love a CF group on J, S, and X, where I have the Château. Of course, mine are only level 5. :-/
You’re better off finding an Arc 1.9 group and getting your CF power leveled once it reached the profitable zone

mamboking053

I read the HQS guide and fought like mad to get the Chateau. I have it at level 5 at the moment and it is...underwhelming.

For one, the rewards are random.

Two, the chances for getting rewards are not divided equally. FP's and medals are fairly uncommon. That means you are much more likely to get supplies and coins than FP's and medals from HQS.

Three, the Chateau does not influence FP amount gained from quests. You will always receive a 5 FP pack regardless of how high your CF is. There's been only a few days where I've gotten more than 2 FP Packs in a day, but mostly it's either 1, 2, or none.

I've had this building for about a month now and I really haven't seen the perpetual motion thing kick in. It's decent in that the goods that I do get aren't tied to goods boosts and so I can get a fair amount of every good. Aside from that, it seems more useful for coins and supplies than goods. I've heard some mention UBQ's, but they are far to expensive to spam for the same reasons. The rewards are random, the chances of each rewards are different, and I will likely come out of it getting supplies and coins rather than goods and medals.

Unless I'm missing something. I'm a little apathetic about it at the moment. I should have went with the attack build...

DeletedUser35712

I've had this building for about a month now and I really haven't seen the perpetual motion thing kick in. It's decent in that the goods that I do get aren't tied to goods boosts and so I can get a fair amount of every good. Aside from that, it seems more useful for coins and supplies than goods. I've heard some mention UBQ's, but they are far to expensive to spam for the same reasons. The rewards are random, the chances of each rewards are different, and I will likely come out of it getting supplies and coins rather than goods and medals.
The concept of Perpetual Motion only applies to high-level CF's, and is tied in with UBQ's. A high-level CF would substantially increase the coin and supply rewards. Now, you'll need an extremely high level for the CF in order to have the coin and supply rewards increase so high that you can spam UBQ's at no net cost, and at that point, it becomes a Perpetual Motion CF. Granted, such a CF needs to be at an extremely high level (lowest it can be is 72 in IA), but if one gets a high level CF, Forge of Empires becomes a cookie-clicker game, and they can get as many FP's and goods as they can UBQ spam. See @JCera 's comment below for such requirements.

DeletedUser31592

I read the HQS guide and fought like mad to get the Chateau. I have it at level 5 at the moment and it is...underwhelming.

For one, the rewards are random.

Two, the chances for getting rewards are not divided equally. FP's and medals are fairly uncommon. That means you are much more likely to get supplies and coins than FP's and medals from HQS.

Three, the Chateau does not influence FP amount gained from quests. You will always receive a 5 FP pack regardless of how high your CF is. There's been only a few days where I've gotten more than 2 FP Packs in a day, but mostly it's either 1, 2, or none.

Unless I'm missing something. I'm a little apathetic about it at the moment. I should have went with the attack build...

Perpetual motion doesn't start until the 100s for most eras, lol. Almost no one ever gets there. Although, in CE with a level 26 CF, I can do the UBQ for days and barely dent my coins and supplies.

http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Château_Frontenac_as_Perpetual_Motion_Machine_(guide)

upload_2018-8-19_11-25-41.png