• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Summer Event 2018 Feedback

DeletedUser34879

So far very good event. Few SoK's wishing well, sunken treasure and countless selection kits... :)
Two more ship levels, which might both happen tomorrow, and then the pirate ship...

DeletedUser31592

I know it was questioned whether the prize was predetermined or whether you could control it with the stop button.
I spun yesterday and immediately got a green check that I completed a quest. Waited for the wheel to stop. Won coins. Went to my quests, my Fnord (collect coins) quest was complete. So it seems I was destined for coins even if I had hit stop since I was actually awarded them as soon as I clicked spin.

DeletedUser35712

I know it was questioned whether the prize was predetermined or whether you could control it with the stop button.
I spun yesterday and immediately got a green check that I completed a quest. Waited for the wheel to stop. Won coins. Went to my quests, my Fnord (collect coins) quest was complete. So it seems I was destined for coins even if I had hit stop since I was actually awarded them as soon as I clicked spin.
It was always predetermined. The only reason why the stop button exists is to speed up the animation. If we were able to control for the prize with the stop button, I would have been able to avoid having that 25 doubloons and no SoK incident.

DeletedUser31592

It was always predetermined. The only reason why the stop button exists is to speed up the animation. If we were able to control for the prize with the stop button, I would have been able to avoid having that 25 doubloons and no SoK incident.
I always figured, but some people will insist it is controllable.
And I swear some people cheat. I watched someone refresh 3 times in a row and win the top prize. That isn't luck.

DeletedUser10720

And I swear some people cheat. I watched someone refresh 3 times in a row and win the top prize. That isn't luck.
You can see it's predetermined when you refresh. IF you're going to win the gold prize on the refreshed wheel, the displayed map prints won't actually load onto the wheel until after its done spinning and rewarding you with them.
It only happens on the refresh that gives a gold reward. But it is visible.

DeletedUser35753

I did that and posted about it in another thread. Three refreshes, three selection kits. In a row. It's not impossible, just improbable.

DeletedUser33419

I get it now. the prizes on the wheel are 'nice to have' but the goal is to get the ship upgrades.

Thanks FOE for allowing non-diamond players to 'earn' at least one fully upgraded item (ship) without spending saved or purchased diamonds. It is MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

DeletedUser31498

It's actually not even that unlikely. Given that someone refreshed and won top prize, they're extremely likely to do that again. So given you one once (you only remember the times they refreshed and instantly won, not the times they won on third spin..), it happens once every 81 times after the first.

DeletedUser30312

Still feeling underwhelmed myself. I think there's way too many of the selection kits on the wheel, they're great if you're spending money for extra ships I guess, but otherwise the other prizes inside them are less than exciting. I haven't seen too many other interesting choices in the gold spot besides Kits, STs, and those stupid SoIs. I saw SoKs once or twice on my main, a SoA, and some WWs, but that's it; even the SoKs aren't that thrilling for me because I still have 7 in storage I guess. The one WW I did see on my farm over on Parkog was greyed out.

I guess it doesn't help that none of the other themed buildings are that useful for me. The ST is useful, but I don't use the multiproducers myself. Otherwise, we just have a house that can make medals and a bulky deco.

DeletedUser34800

@AyeMatey If you believe it works every time the prize is next to the arrow (I'm not disputing that, that's what you believe and if it works, awesome) then why don't you manually spin the wheel to line up the prize you want to?

I know, on mobile at least, that we can just use our fingers to turn the wheel around and around. Not a doubloon costing spin, just for fun. Maybe that will work for you and help you get more prizes? I don't know. Just a thought.

DeletedUser30900

Great strategy. You do know the prize is fixed the moment you start the wheel and the stop button is only there to stop the waiting time?[/user]
you should let him keep thinking he's right. Now you ruin everything! :rolleyes:

RazorbackPirate

Great strategy. You do know the prize is fixed the moment you start the wheel and the stop button is only there to stop the waiting time?[/user]
I saw this in action just the other day. I was spinning the wheel and had a collect coins RQ going in the background. The moment I spun the wheel, the green completion check mark showed up next to the RQ. The Stop button activated, the wheel slowed, and gave me my prize, 3k in coins.

The RQ already had the coins and completed before I even had a Stop button to select. I don't know why people continue to believe that stuff.

DeletedUser26965

I don't know why people continue to believe that stuff.
Because not everyone knows that it's determined at the spin of the wheel and not the stop of the wheel and there's always the off chance someone could come across a bug that let's them hit the slot they want.

DeletedUser30900

i've been playing this event at my leisure and find just getting to quest 43 just too time consuming unless you turn over the supply timers with diamonds etc etc....ditto Sloppyjoe above comments.

Have reached the Avatar in main worlds ....doubtful if I make it my 3 farm worlds

Got close to 60 doubloons in my mains with ~3 days to go .... something to do on my overnight shift during down time.
It's either our standard of time-consuming are different, you just a horrible city builder. spend less than 20 mins on my diamond farms every day and all 5 them are up to 49/51. it's really a miracle you can be this slow.

RazorbackPirate

I don't know why people continue to believe that stuff.
I had not intended for that one small line at the end of a longer post to have to stand on its own, but since that's the case, it needs a revision to read.

I don't know why, even after being told, people continue to believe that stuff.
Because not everyone knows that it's determined at the spin of the wheel and not the stop of the wheel and there's always the off chance someone could come across a bug that let's them hit the slot they want.