• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What’s your strat for the Summer Event?

• Thread starter DeletedUser29623
  • Start date

DeletedUser26120

He only has 30ish palaces there, even with eastern towers the ships are giving him way more lol.

Wonder if he regrets the palace city now. :p

DeletedUser31592

He only has 30ish palaces there, even with eastern towers the ships are giving him way more lol.

Wonder if he regrets the palace city now. :p
Especially because those are plunderable. The ships aren't.

DeletedUser31498

Someone in my guild posted this, I think he said T world but can ask again.

NNLDlcb.jpg

That fleet has 56 ships, if you were wondering.
Are there even roads? beautiful.

DeletedUser26120

Especially because those are plunderable. The ships aren't.
I wonder if the flood of tickets about "my palace getting plundered!!" is why everything since has been "motivate to produce" lol - even non-upgradeables like Black Tower and Sundial Spire.

They did send out magnum opus but that's been the exception when before it was the norm (luau, bazaar, rosarium, etc).

DeletedUser29726

Just their new fad imo. Multiproductions were their exciting new type of building for a while. When palaces came out sets were the hot new thing and sets are in general plunderable. Then they released a stinker of a set for winter event and decided from the lack of caring about it we must just not like sets anymore. Now they've latched onto upgradables instead. Sundial spire is just another SSW so I wouldn't put much weight in it, Black Tower was a once off reward.

I'm sure eventually they'll move on from these upgradables but I don't think preventing people from plundering event buildings is too high on their list - I actually thought the opposite when palaces came out that they'd finally decided plunderers did need better carrots. There's terrace farms too now that are pretty common so it might be a bit before they decide hoodlums need stuff to steal :) Personally I prefer the multiproductions and big set items because they don't need motivation which means I don't have to care about how much aid I'm getting - I can collect on time to protect from plunder if I care. But with things like Tholos and the Ship I'm sure I can spare an aid for that much goodies - just no more interest in getting a mere 1 FP for an aid received.

DeletedUser31592

Christmas was a set. And the Cider Mill upgraded last year and was still plunderable. But since, Christmas, yeah, almost all upgradable (or upgrading the sets like the Cherry Blossom).

I think people were also complaining about moving the sets around. Loosing the boost. Plus they take so many reno kits or one-ups. And space. I like the single building format.

DeletedUser30312

Magnum Opus is on outlier I think, because it's a Historical Event prize. The first few Historical Events weren't exactly popular because of the sub-par prizes, who was really excited about winning a King or Astronaut Statue, especially when the early ones had required research and map advancement? Since the beginning of last year though, the prizes have been unique and useful, but there's only so much they can do with the buildings. So the Opus is another Baroque multiproducer like the Aviary and Rosarium, while things like the Kiosk and Hedge Maze are variants on popular Specials or there are buildings that have a boost when motivated. Sundial Spire falls into both categories, as it's a SoK variant that gets a defense boost.

Sets are interesting because of the collection aspect, but the Winter Village one was kind of a mess to arrange and had too many pieces for the Event format. If the village were only 5 or 6 pieces, maybe it would have been more popular, or maybe the availability of the other sets besides the Royal Garden in the DC was enough to keep people away. The Winter Set actually isn't that bad because the pieces are very unlike the Palace and it doesn't have a fixed configuration like the Cherry Garden. And a player could theoretically pick out the most useful pieces and leave the rest, like I did with the pieces that had combat bonuses. Unfortunately I goofed and didn't grab enough pieces to get a full boost so I haven't built it yet.

DeletedUser34800

I may be one of the few who likes the Winter Set. I found the optimal layout for it on the Wiki about the event, and I think it was posted there from the beta forums here. Anyways, it's a lot of pieces, but I like it's output. 7 FPs a day, 20 refined goods, attack and defense bonus. It's pretty nice. I also started playing a little bit before the event started, so it was incredibly useful for my city right away. That could be part of my bias, but I still use it because I like it.

I found the combo set configuration for the Cherry Blossom set on the wiki page as well (2x Cherry Blossom set except for 1 Nish pond, plus 2 SoKs). All lvl 2, and I find that set to be awesome. Maybe if the devs decided to release the lvl 2 upgrades for the Winter Set, people would want to use it? I know I would love that.

Still, the new buildings being released for events, including historical ones, are all really good. They've helped me advance my city, as well as my goods output, FPs per day, attack/defense, etc a ton. They really are great for newer players at least.

DeletedUser26120

Good points.

I may be one of the few who likes the Winter Set. I found the optimal layout for it on the Wiki about the event, and I think it was posted there from the beta forums here. Anyways, it's a lot of pieces, but I like it's output. 7 FPs a day, 20 refined goods, attack and defense bonus. It's pretty nice.
I don't see it in very many cities, especially in the upper strata. Only one top 10 player has a large set.

What's the size of yours that you listed? I only put down the tents, better than victory towers at least but they will probably get stored and replaced with watchfires at some point.

I was hoping this year might have the same set, but with upgrades. Then it might actually be worthwhile. I think I got a haimbock as well so that would be cool. :D

DeletedUser34800

@Dursland It's a 7x5 space. 3 Madam's Fortuna tents, 2 star straw tents, 2 halmbocks, 2 smorgasbord, 2 toy makers tents, 1 moose meadow, 1 sugars Baker's booth.

I tried uploading a screenshot, but failed. I don't know.

DeletedUser26120

I tried uploading a screenshot, but failed. I don't know.
imgur is good for sharing images, can just upload there then post link to image or to the album.

That's a nice set for 7x5 :) I like where they went with this event, making it winnable without diamonds. Hope it continues.

I was thinking before about how WoW screwed up with the pay aspect and lost so many regular players that their whales got bored and left. Well, funny thing is - turns out the biggest guy in my guild is a former WoW player lol.

DeletedUser34800

https://imgur.com/a/DCO39CF

Hope that works @Dursland . For the screenshot, I moved my Bandar Playground so you could see it.

Basically, I have the Cherry Blossom set combo above, Winter Set in between, and the Maharaja's Palace set and Elephant gate set (missing the fountain part. Such a bummer) at the end. They're surrounded by other various special buildings. I like to have them together for easy collection. I grab them first since they're all plunderable.

DeletedUser34800

Like I said, I really enjoy the sets. They all look nice, and I like what they add to my city. FPs, % bonuses if coins/supplies/defense/attack, refined goods, medals, etc. And, the best pieces aren't plunderable (gong of wisdom, Madam Fortunas tent).

I have really enjoyed the events since starting to play FoE. Not only are the buildings good (Cleopatra event gave me a mock SoK with the Obelisk, Leonardo the Magnum Opus) but they're also really nice looking (Sacagawea event with the Menagerie). Plus, as you said, this Summer Event is very F2P friendly. Easy to get a lvl 7 ship.

I really hope they make the Winter Set upgradeable to lvl 2 this year. I know I will always use it regardless, because I like it, but at lvl 2 it would be so much better. Like the Cherry Blossom set.

Graviton

I really hope they make the Winter Set upgradeable to lvl 2 this year.

I hope they have the same set pieces available, I kinda slacked off during last Winter Event 'cause there were so many pieces so my sets are lacking in all of my worlds.

DeletedUser34800

Well, if they keep to the same theme as the Spring event (and I don't see why they wouldn't) with upgrades, it will be kits. Use the kit to pick the piece or to upgrade a piece you have.

That would be nice. It's a simple format, and they seem to be sticking to it with all these upgrades for event buildings. My only concern is that they will just come out with some other special building(s) with 7-10 levels, like Grand Bridge or Tholos, instead of the level 2 version of the Winter Set.

What a bummer that would be. I feel like they have a good opportunity to make these sets more appealing. Elephant gate set lvl 2 could be really nice vs people just massing the gate +2 pieces for FPs, Winter Set may actually be used by people if at lvl 2 and way better. So, hopefully it's not just some random Winter themed building (s) or giant decorated tree(s).

I am looking forward to the Halloween event. Any new building they release with upgrade levels will probably look awesome. Unlike the special building prizes for the upcoming Fall event.

RazorbackPirate

My Strat is now finished.

I have a Pirate and Royal Ship in both of my cities, one city I've gotten 6 STs, the other, 3 STs. I'll spin again when I see STs or SoKs.

DeletedUser31592

I'm not sure the Winter Set will appeal to the masses even at level 2. Too many pieces and they don't all 'fit'. (Yes, you can make sets that square up, but if my memory serves me right, you cannot fully boost every single piece.) I placed the Winter Set in one city. I aged it up last week and gosh it eats up one-up and/or reno kits!

I much prefer the 'level' buildings since they can be moved whenever I want, only need 1 one-up kit, and can't be plundered! Well, I like them as long as they are obtainable without diamonds. So far, the Grand Bridge is the only building I have failed to max in all 7 of my worlds. I only got that one to max level in like 3 worlds.

DeletedUser34800

There is one Star Straw Tent that isn't fully producing, and it's missing production is +1 good. So, not too bad of a loss for what it gives. The rest of the pieces are producing at max set capacity. (This wasn't meant to be snarky. Can't tell if it seems that way. Internet.)

I like both sets and level up buildings. They're both fun concepts, and the designs are great. I also like anything that adds people or animals to my city. Maypole, tigers den, Winter Set, menagerie. I know they aren't all optimal amazing buildings, but I at least want my city to kind of resemble a city. While effective, a field of (insert blacksmith, gunsmith, alchemist, etc) just isn't good looking to me.

To each their own, right?