• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Your army been damaged?

DeletedUser32328

Then it is even more weird they let it happen?
How do top guilds are doing it, then? They have hundreds of sectors, yet each siege army is just a regular, no bonus/support -- anyone can beat it?

OK, these are good ones.
As a side note, still doesn't explain why would game let do it 1. At all, 2. Anonymously.

On the siege costs, I should have added its per map. Nevertheless, since it is exponential rather than linear, another sector becomes very expensive when you already have a lot on that map. So how do they do it?
- By producing a ton of goods
- By trying to attack when nobody's watching. GvG is supposed to be a team effort. The point is to be quick about it. And if you get caught, don't immediately resiege but rather wait an arbitrary time
- Or alternatively, by at a certain point not expanding any further if it is not worth the goods

DeletedUser34480

GvG is a competition, so yes I do want to interrupt your flow. Get faster or don't get sectors.
You totally made up.

I have to fight 10 battles, during those 10 battles I'm likely to have injured troops, while I don't, some players will spend money on reviving or healing troops. More battles = more money
Sure. People pay for protection, people pay to be able to retaliate. Healing troops... very unconvincing :)

DeletedUser26965

I think some players just hit sieges because they're bored or something. I mean I've seen people who have made 10's of millions of medals do it so it can't be because they want to win the paltry amount of medals from the towers. Sometimes they don't like the guild you're in or sometimes they like the guild you're hitting so they hit your sieges. I guess sometimes too it can be for a DC task.

DeletedUser31440

You totally made up.

I'm guessing you've never been in an active GvG guild, detecting and defeating sieges is immensely beneficial. It can save thousands of goods and hundreds of troops. The ability to defeat sieges is why speed wins GvG, you need to siege and take that sector in as quick a succession as possible, so get fast or don't get sectors. You're circumstance is against an NPC sector so the above reasoning doesn't apply specifically but the game isn't coded to differentiate between sieges on NPC tiles and guild controlled ones.

Sure. People pay for protection, people pay to be able to retaliate. Healing troops... very unconvincing :)

I can only assume you're joking about players not spending money on healing troops.

DeletedUser34480

Ozyman, I am not talking about how game turned out to be now.
I was saying your "Get faster or don't get sectors" was not meant to be.
Here's official guide: https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/guild-vs-guild-full-guide.24371/
Check out "placing a siege army", "Attacking...". It doesn't say a single word of your statement. So, it was not meant to be.

I can only assume you're joking about players not spending money on healing troops.
Why would you assume so?
I know people buy buildings, forge points.
Healing troops... sure. Especially those with L 50+ Alcatraz.
How much have you spent on healing troops?

DeletedUser31440

Ozyman, I am not talking about how game turned out to be now.
I was saying your "Get faster or don't get sectors" was not meant to be.
Here's official guide: https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/guild-vs-guild-full-guide.24371/
Check out "placing a siege army", "Attacking...". It doesn't say a single word of your statement. So, it was not meant to be.

First 2 sentences from that guide:

Your guild is fighting against others for survival and power. Your goal is to expand your guild's territory and hold on to it

Later on in same guide:

Under siege

When one of your sectors is under siege by an enemy, the sector will not produce power. Most actions are also blocked (placing a defending army, granting freedom, or relocating your HQ to or from that sector). So, it's in your guild's interest to kill off any armies that are besieging your sectors.

Can you at least make this mildly challenging?

Why would you assume so?
I know people buy buildings, forge points.
Healing troops... sure. Especially those with L 50+ Alcatraz.
How much have you spent on healing troops?

Maybe twice when I first started, then I just didn't fight for a long time, then I decided to go military for GE but I don't spend diamonds on troops. People definitely do though, many posts on these forums talk about people doing so. During GvG wars I've had guildees talking about using diamonds to heal troops as well, so I don't think it's uncommon at all. I think it's common enough that Inno put in the different difficulty armies in DC's knowing that some people will use diamonds to get the carrot of the day.

BruteForceAttack

if the guild is not on the map, ti will not show after the attack is completed. While the attack is going on you can see which guild is hitting your siege and if the person is your hood or friend list you will even see the name of the player.

Why hit siege,
Tower/Ranking points
Increase the # of fights
DC/event/quest wants some fights
etc

DeletedUser

It sure breaks a normal flaw.
If not, why don't we create an icon for everyone in the neighborhood, telling whether a player negotiates/fights in GE. Then, you are being thrown out with a popup "You negotiation was successfully interrupted by unknown player".
I'm sure you had some intended meaning when you wrote these three sentences, but it didn't make it from your brain to this post. I'm not trying to insult you, I'm just saying that whatever you intended to say here (some parallel between GvG and GE?) didn't come through.

DeletedUser34480

When one of your sectors is under siege by an enemy, the sector will not produce power. Most actions are also blocked (placing a defending army, granting freedom, or relocating your HQ to or from that sector). So, it's in your guild's interest to kill off any armies that are besieging your sectors.

Can you at least make this mildly challenging?

LOL.
Dude, really. Are you a politician? :)
Where guide says "Attack quickly or don't get sectors". Please, don't include Benghazi or collusions in your reply :)

You know, when kids play in a sandbox, some moron can come and ruin it. Is that how it is meant to be? Should they play faster?

During GvG wars I've had guildees talking about using diamonds to heal troops as well, so I don't think it's uncommon at all. I think it's common enough that Inno put in the different difficulty armies in DC's knowing that some people will use diamonds to get the carrot of the day.
Yeah, they used diamonds that Inno unwisely let them farm from other worlds.
Too bad, Inno makes nothing from diamonds. I really doubt player spend much of their bought up diamonds for healing units.

DeletedUser31440

I'm sorry that you've found GvG to be so challenging. If you would like to experience the action in full swing you should find out which guilds are in a war and join one. There are some guilds that are successful in GvG with only 1 or 2 active players, you could find a guild like that and join. Pick the GvG'ers mind and find out what makes it simplish for them but challenging for you. It could just be that the map you're trying to land on is a popular one, you could try another age. I think the difference you'll find is speed and preparation for sieges though.

DeletedUser34480

I'm sure you had some intended meaning when you wrote these three sentences, but it didn't make it from your brain to this post. I'm not trying to insult you, I'm just saying that whatever you intended to say here (some parallel between GvG and GE?) didn't come through.
It is not really important anyway... I meant, event is between attacker and defender. You don't really want -- or mean -- some third party jump in and anonymously break an event. Just like in GE, it's between you and defending armies. You don't want other players jump in and ruin you GE negotiations/fight.

DeletedUser

It is not really important anyway... I meant, event is between attacker and defender. You don't really want -- or mean -- some third party jump in and anonymously break an event. Just like in GE, it's between you and defending armies. You don't want other players jump in and ruin you GE negotiations/fight.
Well, GvG and GE are fundamentally different in structure, so there is really no way to draw parallels between them. And the design of GvG purposefully allows for third parties to get involved. And when a siege is set in a Landing Zone tile, that includes any guild that has troops in that age. In non-Landing Zone tiles, it has to be a guild that holds an adjacent tile in order to attack the siege, but it is part of the intentional design of GvG. No, you don't want some third party to jump in, but it is part of the game, like it or not.

wolfhoundtoo

No offense True but you seem to be trying to argue that what happened to you wasn't 'intended' by the developers. GVG has been in this game for years now and the developers have revised it a few times since it was created. If the developers didn't want your siege to be attacked by a guild not on the map then they'd of coded the game not to allow it by now.

So your options are to continue to argue the 'intentions' of the developer (which while entertaining isn't going to get you that sector) or to adapt to the actual situation in the game so that you can take the sector that you want.

DeletedUser34480

No offense True but you seem to be trying to argue that what happened to you wasn't 'intended' by the developers.
Exactly. Here's your answer, Stephen.
You speculate that all that is happening was planned rather than wasn't thought about.

GVG has been in this game for years now and the developers have revised it a few times since it was created. If the developers didn't want your siege to be attacked by a guild not on the map then they'd of coded the game not to allow it by now.

As for fixing, once again, you can only guess. I bet devs had a lot on their hands; if not a lot of people complain then they won't work on code again.

DeletedUser

Exactly. Here's your answer, Stephen.
You speculate that all that is happening was planned rather than wasn't thought about.
Wrong. Not speculation. This is from the official FoE Wiki section on GvG:

"You may find that another rival guild has laid claim to a sector you want or that belongs to your guild, and placed a siege army there. All is not lost! You can attack and destroy your enemies' siege armies in much the same manner as you destroy defending armies."

There you are in black and white (well, white on brown). The ability to attack a siege, even if it isn't on one of your sectors is an intentional part of GvG according to the official FoE Wiki.

DeletedUser34480

Wrong. Not speculation. This is from the official FoE Wiki section on GvG:

"You may find that another rival guild has laid claim to a sector you want or that belongs to your guild, and placed a siege army there. All is not lost! You can attack and destroy your enemies' siege armies in much the same manner as you destroy defending armies."

There you are in black and white (well, white on brown). The ability to attack a siege, even if it isn't on one of your sectors is an intentional part of GvG according to the official FoE Wiki.

There is a difference between ability and intent for things to happen as they are happening.
They had to give the ability -- otherwise someone could lay a claim (place a siege army) and then do nothing. A bulletproof protection to your sector :)
But, did they intend for someone to jump in, break a siege and not try to take over the sector? Just kill a siege for the sake of it? I really doubt that.

If you read your own quote, it's kind of confirming it "a sector you want or that belongs to your guild".