• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Defeat this Large Army daily quest

DeletedUser31440

After all it was not mentioned in any update to give feedback on

Changelog 1.129:

We have added standalone battles as a possible task to our Daily Challenges. The mysterious quest giver "Nameless" may now challenge you to a fight directly from the quest overview!
Note that those armies can have differing sizes and the units in the fight depend on the era of your city.

Feedback Thread, have at it.

BruteForceAttack

meh, just splitting hairs, yeah people who post new threads could go and dig up the feedback thread, but really it's not completely necessary or else why have any other section. After all it was not mentioned in any update to give feedback on and the old DC feedback thread didn't have these tasks so, yeah, there's that, again lol.

Yes stop hyperbolically comments about "add 100 more tasks for all I care, maybe you'll get to that challengers chest once a year" which is meh too...

It is very simple

There were tasks in dc that HAD AND CONTINUE to ehlp folks who have good amount of production buildings

INNO correctly BALACED DC by adding fights.

SO STOP CRYING ABOUT THAT YOU AND YOUR CITY IS NOT SET UP TO DEFEAT SOME ARMY

and there is ****************************** NO penalty FOR NOT DOING THE DC ***********************************************.

DeletedUser35475

Sure you can, you just chose to use the space for something else and are willing to accept the consequences of that regarding DC tasks. I think the issue is now whether or not we can give any feedback on DC tasks. I mean if the default response is they can be skipped then no one can complain ever about any task and that's fine with me I can live with that but I better not see anyone who says that ever say a thing about tasks then lol.

There should be at least one quest in the DC mix that is very difficult for almost every average player to complete, be it producing something or fighting an army or other ones. There should be some easy ones in the DC, some medium ones and some hard ones. It's not a daily free gift, sometimes you don't get it.

DeletedUser31735

I love the way the DCs are set up now!!! Remember how it used to be? You had to go 7 days in a row or your completion bar would go down by one... That was horrible! I got 1 of the 7 day chests in all that time! I think its cool how Inno is mixing it up and trying to keep it fresh!

Now if they could just figure out a way to mix monopoly into the mix and have a Inno error where I get 100k Diamonds, that would be sweet!!!

DeletedUser32824

I just got this as a quest on my new alt world (created about 2 weeks ago). I am at the end of Iron age and had a 15% attack bonus. I have 0 rogues so far and going against 2 8 member armies, both of which have 2 rogues, seems very, very difficult. Challenge indeed. I might be able to do it with all legionnaires, but don't feel like reworking my city to accommodate this daily quest. Having rogues makes a huge huge difference and I can definitely feel it with this quest!

wolfhoundtoo

I just got this as a quest on my new alt world (created about 2 weeks ago). I am at the end of Iron age and had a 15% attack bonus. I have 0 rogues so far and going against 2 8 member armies, both of which have 2 rogues, seems very, very difficult. Challenge indeed. I might be able to do it with all legionnaires, but don't feel like reworking my city to accommodate this daily quest. Having rogues makes a huge huge difference and I can definitely feel it with this quest!

Your troop selection is likely very poor for this particular challenge. Since your chosen troops have to close with the enemy and take retal damage that makes it much harder to win a 2 wave battle. You'd likely be better off with a mixture of troops and letting the enemy spread themselves out as they come towards you. Careful usage of the terrain and targeting the various enemy troops with some ballista and archers work well against most of the armies I face in this challenge.

DeletedUser

I would use 4 Archers and 4 Ballistas against that, unless the 6 non-Rogues were all Ballistas on one of the waves and then I'd use 6 Ballistas and 2 Archers.

DeletedUser35208

I noticed these popping up in my dailies recently and most of them are close to impossible without spending diamonds to heal / resurrect your troops at the end of the first wave. I'm currently in the Modern Era and I have to beat 16 Modern Era troops with an 80% attack / defense bonus with only 8 troops on my side. I've thrown many different combinations of troops at them and can't even beat the first wave.

I know these are supposed to be challenging but do they need to be toned down a bit? An 80% attack / defense bonus is pretty hefty.
Use 4 of your toughest soldiers with high defense and rogues. Then don't attack, let them come to you. I finally beat that army with this formation.

DeletedUser36217

Contestant's Estate was how I gained another 45% attack. Getting good amount of medals and coins from them too.

I'm camping in Contemporary until I get Terracotta and get it to 10 then I'll move up with minimum of 110% defense when attacking. Learned my lesson from V world, 90% isn't enough.

As for topic, defeat armies in quests are amazing - would much rather get those than production or spend goods to treasury.

DeletedUser36217

Contestant's Estate only gives 3% attack no matter what the age. How did you get another 45% attack from it!!

DeletedUser27848

I have Monte (level 6), Zeus (level 4), Aachen (level 2) and some event buildings (Halmbock 3% and 2 Sakura Rock 10%) that give me a total of 59% attack boost and 36% attack defense boost.

Should I get all of these GBs up to 10? What attack/defense boost should I have to effectively counter an 80/80 army?

Weak... in HMA my Att Trifecta GB are lvl 10.

wolfhoundtoo

Or "fatal"...unless he's using pregnant troops. (Or troops that get into the fetal position when injured.) :D

"retal" as in retaliation. Many troops that you attack at a range of 1 will do damage to the attacking unit if the defending unit doesn't die from the attack. As such that means to kill 8 units you are going to take a significant amount of damage during the fight from running up to them and hitting them in the head.