• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Can we group the hard core battle mongers into their own neighborhood and towers?

DeletedUser27848

This week in PvP I have 1,053,000 tower points in Indy and 700,000 in Col and haven't attacked 1 hoodie.
All those are from GvG or Continent map provinces.
Does this make me evil?

DeletedUser3882

It is an idea of adhering to others.
Highway and 150 mph itself is fine. Check out German autobahns :)
That’s in Germany where common sense prevails. Things like “if you see headlights in your rear view, you better move the F over and fast!”

It’s irrelevant here because... America!

DeletedUser27848

I forgot to mention that I fight each encounter of GE, never negotiate with the bastards, and generally from that alone I end up in the top 3 of my PvP ranking.
But throw in GvG, and then I'm gonna be top guy most weeks.
But as others have said, are those medals important? Not hardly...

wolfhoundtoo

That’s in Germany where common sense prevails. Things like “if you see headlights in your rear view, you better move the F over and fast!”

The average American is whiny and entitled to finish putting on their makeup, or finish sending their text before moving over and expect that Mazzerati to do a 180 spin around them through the grass. I blame the chicken!

Hardly an apt comparison. In Germany you can do 180 on the highway legally (autobahn?) while in the states the speed limit is much less than that. You should try at least keeping it to twice the speed limit. :confused:

DeletedUser31440

The average American is whiny and entitled to finish putting on their makeup, or finish sending their text before moving over and expect that Mazzerati to do a 180 spin around them through the grass. I blame the chicken!

The roads in Germany are designed for going fast, in America not so much.

Agent327

Hardly an apt comparison. In Germany you can do 180 on the highway legally (autobahn?) while in the states the speed limit is much less than that. You should try at least keeping it to twice the speed limit. :confused:

Some parts of the Autobahn have a speedlimit.

"German autobahns are famous for having no universal motorway speed limit, although slightly more than 50% of them have posted speed limits[14] and about 10% are equipped with motorway control systems that can show variable speed limits.[15] There is no national speed limit, either, for cars and motorcycles on any highway outside of towns if it has a central reservation or a minimum of two marked lanes per direction. Due to this it is common to be overtaken by cars or motorcycles travelling over 200 km/h (125 mph). On such roads, as well as motorways, a recommended speed limit (Richtgeschwindigkeit) of 130 km/h (81 mph) applies. While driving at higher speeds is not punishable, the increased risk induced by higher speeds (erhöhte Betriebsgefahr) may result in partial liability for damages. Moreover, the law forbids travel at speeds that would extend the vehicle's minimum halting distance beyond the driver's line of sight.[16] On all German roads, there are speed limits for trucks, buses, cars towing trailers, and small motorised vehicles (Mopeds, etc.)."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_limits_in_Germany

DeletedUser36032

well, I haven't heard any comment that would sway me in the other direction, my opinion still stands, battle mongers need their own hoods and towers and lopsided playing fields render many FOE game features inaccessible. I guess what it boils down to is what Inno will or will not allow. Since they allow it, they have made a conscious decision to not only allow it, but condone it (perhaps even reinforce it) as well, so this thread is closed for me. thanks for your comments and happy gaming!

DeletedUser27848

Princess, let me ask you: do you negotiate in GE or battle?

When I first started this game, I used to negotiate, but as I built up my mil-3 GBs I went away from that, and now I never negotiate.
I know that I can defeat almost any enemy, even several ages above me, using proper troops, tactics and boosts.

And I always fight all 3 levels of GE. 48 fights a week in GE gets me lots of PvP Tower points. And pretty much every week I also fight the first half of GE Lvl 4.

And on Continent map, even though I often have all the goods to unlock a province, I always fight instead.

Maybe you already fight GE? Anyway if you don't, you should.

#1. GE is the single best fighting tutorial in the game, as you are always allowed to see what enemy is against you. Deploy your troops to take advantage of A) their weeknesses B) your strengths
#2. Save your goods! Why give them away when you can fight and win those GE prizes?

DeletedUser

Okay, I think that's enough of this line of talk. Let's get back on topic before this becomes offensive.

Czari

Resting on their laurels? Hardly. More like making their city more productive.
Hood after hood, I see players with cities full of outdated buildings, unboosted goods buildings, residentials that are (in theory) high on coin production and low on population, incomplete sets and empty spaces. Those players usually joined one of those crap guilds which are a dime a dozen. Or worse they created another one nobody really needed. People want to play like this? Fine, but they shouldn't be surprised that the lack of productivity puts them at a disadvantage. Because that is actually the problem: a complete lack of space efficiency in the majority of cities. Not those that have actually developed a strategy, set themselves some goals and then diligently worked towards them.

The new player just receiving his last Zeus BP? What are we talking about here? Iron Age? And this top player has obtained and then crammed in all of the things you listed? Well done! Took a lot of patience getting those victory expansions and/or higher-era goods to get ahead on the campaign map for the necessary expansions.

So true.

Awhile back we had several players new to FoE join our guild at the same time. One of them said that she asked one of her neighbors how he already had an Arc and was told "your guild will help you get one." I'm assuming the neighbor was in a guild with people who had high level Arcs whereas our guild is a trading/non-GvG guild and Arcs had barely "caught on" there; in fact, at that time there were maybe 3 Arcs in a 75-member guild. So this new member began "demanding" we "give her an Arc" then another brand new player decided to take up her "cause," stating that the longer-term members were "deliberately" keeping Arcs from new people and called those who had been playing for five years "fat cats." This got the other new member upset and she left because the guild wasn't being helpful enough.

No, this has nothing to do with PvP but it does speak to the issue of those who have put in time and patience and false expectations.

Last edited:

Czari

To reiterate, you get a racer BMW and he'd be perfectly safe at 150. Heck, I'll be perfectly safe at 100.
Yet, we all drive (at least, supposedly :)) 60-70 mph. Why? Because this "safety" is not for a given driver, we adhere to all driver and junk yard cars on the road.

Not sure where you're driving but on the expressways where I live when I drive the speed limit (70 mph at the top end), MANY cars are speeding around me!! So the "we" is more like "some people" not "everyone."