• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Level up Kit

DeletedUser36231

This issue was raised in this last summer event. Each of the card decks allowed the player to build a level 1 ship. How ever even those of us who spend in excess of 200 dollars on doubloons could not even get close to getting enough ship upgrades to get one of each ship and it seemed pointless to have the ability to start without the ability to finish. A solution we discussed was to create a rare incident called a "Level Up Kit." This would function much like the renovation kits, but would effect Event Main buildings. This incident would only be available one a player had not only researched incidents but successfully completed all of the quests during at least 1 event. Therefore if a player started an event but did not complete it they would have to wait until the next event for the opportunity of getting these incidents. Once a player can get them they are still rare, they can level up any event main building, such as the ships, the tholos of idols and such. An added benefit for future events is that once a player knows there is a way to level up these buildings even after the event has ended, they will likely spend more money during the event to ensure they can at least start all of the event main buildings as there will now be a point, a chance to finish them.

DeletedUser

I say no. Nobody ever said you would be able to get more than one upgraded ship, and there are other useful items on those Selection Kits, such as FPs and goods.

DeletedUser36231

I say no. Nobody ever said you would be able to get more than one upgraded ship, and there are other useful items on those Selection Kits, such as FPs and goods.

I agree with you on the other options for the cards, but this proposal should affect all event main buildings. You are correct in saying that no one promised you could get all three ships, but if it is presented as a possibility should it not be possible? Have you not built an event main building and wished you could continue to upgrade that building after the event ended? With the renovation and one up kits you can bring most buildings with you into future ages, why not also be able to completely level one up that circumstances or simply the spin of a while did not allow you to complete during the event?

DeletedUser30791

No. Inno will likely make the upgrades available in future and/or via DC.

DeletedUser36231

No. Inno will likely make the upgrades available in future and/or via DC.

How long have you been playing FOE? Have they released DC before? Have you seen events such as the Summer, Winter, Spring, or Fall come back around and offer upgrades on last year's buildings of heard of this happening? This may not help, however, with special events such as the World Cup Event.

DeletedUser

I agree with you on the other options for the cards, but this proposal should affect all event main buildings. You are correct in saying that no one promised you could get all three ships, but if it is presented as a possibility should it not be possible? Have you not built an event main building and wished you could continue to upgrade that building after the event ended? With the renovation and one up kits you can bring most buildings with you into future ages, why not also be able to completely level one up that circumstances or simply the spin of a while did not allow you to complete during the event?
My belief is that they made so many of the base level 1 ships available through the Selection Kits in order to encourage Diamond buyers to spend more. I judge each event main building on its own merits and the returns. The ones I judge to be worth building to the highest level, I generally make sure I get it, even if it sometimes means spending a little money. Others I don't deem worth it, so I don't bother. And when the event is over, I let it go and move on.
Have you seen events such as the Summer, Winter, Spring, or Fall come back around and offer upgrades on last year's buildings of heard of this happening?
Yes, it happens all the time. Examples include the Graveyard from the Halloween Events and the Confectionary from the Winter Events.

DeletedUser30791

How long have you been playing FOE? Have they released DC before? Have you seen events such as the Summer, Winter, Spring, or Fall come back around and offer upgrades on last year's buildings of heard of this happening? This may not help, however, with special events such as the World Cup Event.
Just over a year. DC is the daily challenge. Some of the chests are past event items. The 2018 Spring event and 2017 Fall event built on the previous year events and did have upgrades. The Summer 2018 event had a different theme from the previous year so it did not.

DeletedUser35753

Just over a year. DC is the daily challenge. Some of the chests are past event items. The 2018 Spring event and 2017 Fall event built on the previous year events and did have upgrades. The Summer 2018 event had a different theme from the previous year so it did not.

That said, last year's summer building set was the palace, right? It's now available in DC. I have two peices and I didn't start playing til April/may this year. I'm keeping a selection kit around so if I ever end up with enough upgrades I can build another ship...

Agent327

Let's turn that question around. How long have you been playing that you seem to know so well what is good for the game?

DeletedUser3882

One regret I had years ago was inevitably deleting a large Tree of Love from a past Valentine event. They skipped a year offering upgrades and this *may* have been before the invent of the store building?!? Two years later they brought back the upgrade and I’m sitting with a regular ‘ol tree of love sitting in inventory waiting on more upgrades instead of having a “hugenormous” one (or whatever it’s called).

Long story short, never know when or if they’ll come back around. Special events are exactly that. May not have a use for them now, but you might later on. Never know...

Agent327

One regret I had years ago was inevitably deleting a large Tree of Love from a past Valentine event. They skipped a year offering upgrades and this *may* have been before the invent of the store building?!? Two years later they brought back the upgrade and I’m sitting with a regular ‘ol tree of love sitting in inventory waiting on more upgrades instead of having a “hugenormous” one (or whatever it’s called).

Eternal Tree of Love ;)

Volodya

This issue was raised in this last summer event. Each of the card decks allowed the player to build a level 1 ship. How ever even those of us who spend in excess of 200 dollars on doubloons could not even get close to getting enough ship upgrades to get one of each ship and it seemed pointless to have the ability to start without the ability to finish. A solution we discussed was to create a rare incident called a "Level Up Kit." This would function much like the renovation kits, but would effect Event Main buildings. This incident would only be available one a player had not only researched incidents but successfully completed all of the quests during at least 1 event. Therefore if a player started an event but did not complete it they would have to wait until the next event for the opportunity of getting these incidents. Once a player can get them they are still rare, they can level up any event main building, such as the ships, the tholos of idols and such. An added benefit for future events is that once a player knows there is a way to level up these buildings even after the event has ended, they will likely spend more money during the event to ensure they can at least start all of the event main buildings as there will now be a point, a chance to finish them.
I might be a yes on this, if I could be confident your proposed item would stay rare. The problem is, that's never happened yet. Reno/one up kits, store buildings, watchfires/ritual flames, heck, even rogue hideouts and champs barracks all started out truly rare and desirable. Now, they're frequent prizes and veteran players have more of all of them than we'll ever use. I expect WW shrink kits to follow the same path soon enough.

With the special case exceptions of Speaker's Corner and Checkmate Square, event upgrades (and some event buildings) are the only thing not available in quantity after the fact. I think it's more fun to keep them that way. I sympathize with your bad luck, but I think it is largely bad luck. I spent some money on this even but nowhere near $200; I wound up with two ships and three upgrades towards a third.

RazorbackPirate

I sympathize with your bad luck, but I think it is largely bad luck. I spent some money on this even but nowhere near $200; I wound up with two ships and three upgrades towards a third.
You also weren't trying to get all 3 ships in 9 worlds. A few simple calculations would show that $200 worth of doubloons would not be enough to get 27 level 7 ships, even with the best of luck.

wolfhoundtoo

Which is why there were other options in the selection kits. You had the choice to take the new ship and if you weren't going to spend the money (as I wasn't) you could of and should of taken one of the other prizes.

Volodya

You also weren't trying to get all 3 ships in 9 worlds. A few simple calculations would show that $200 worth of doubloons would not be enough to get 27 level 7 ships, even with the best of luck.
Obviously not. Where does s/he say they play in nine worlds?