• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fall Event 2018 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser35195

I think you finished one line ahead of the other, if that makes sense. I'm all the way to the dailies and my last regular quest or two came as singles.

I think you’re right, because I already got the Shawn avatar even though I’m still doing the main quest line. That sucks though, having to slog trough the rest as single quests.

Sheriff Of Rottingham

Another reset, another old item as the daily special. When are we going to get our "multiple" opportunities at rogue shrink kits and cider mill upgrades?

DeletedUser35195

I think you’re right, because I already got the Shawn avatar even though I’m still doing the main quest line. That sucks though, having to slog trough the rest as single quests.

I think I solved it. The main quest line is divided to two tracks which run parallel with one another. Looking at the wiki page, it looks like I have 7 more of the “even” numbered quests to complete before I get to the daily quests, which is why I only see single quests anymore. So you were right about it

Salsuero

I think I solved it. The main quest line is divided to two tracks which run parallel with one another. Looking at the wiki page, it looks like I have 7 more of the “even” numbered quests to complete before I get to the daily quests, which is why I only see single quests anymore. So you were right about it

Bingo!!!

That sucks though, having to slog trough the rest as single quests.

You mean the way it's always been? Are we already complaining about this?

Salsuero

Another reset, another old item as the daily special. When are we going to get our "multiple" opportunities at rogue shrink kits and cider mill upgrades?

They didn't come up right away during the beta event. The Rogue Hideout Shrink Kit made two appearances there... once about halfway through the event and once at the very end. The Cider Mill Upgrade showed up about a third of the way between those. Patience!

DeletedUser30312

Well, I nabbed 3 new Cider Mills the other day, which was great, since it's one of my main goals for the event. No upgrading here either, since they're arguably the best production building in the game, and I've been looking forward to winning more for months. I had enough upgrades from last year to get one of my mills to Prosperous, but they will not be used. I'd rather the 2x3 production building with a nice high production rate now that I'm in PE, which has some really really BAD production buildings, bad enough that I stuck with Indy's. The only other thing I'm looking to shoot for here are the rogue shrinks.

I don't really feel comfortable with the 5 different ingredients here as I'm worried I'll get stuck with three recipes I won't be able to bake on a good daily special. I don't know how well the RNG is distributing the recipes. Not really comfortable with the DCs having ingredients too, because sometimes the DC and event quests clash badly. The double questline also makes things harder to plan out in advance too. FWIW, from my observations, ingredients in Incidents seem to pop up in the common ones, and that's better than a handful of coins and supplies.

DeletedUser11991

so far the fall event is a big dissapointment i thought a special event means you can win special rewards not a puzzle piece of something that you can win every day ...... what a waste of programming ......

DawnLight the Just

This has got to be the worst event ever. I am literally having to sit at my computer for hours a day doing incessant repetitive quests. Complete 20 productions from your age. Complete 15 5-minute productions. Collect 500,000 supplies. Increase your happiness by 3,000. Increase your happiness by 5,000. When you are in the advanced ages and it takes 18 hours to build a cultural building, only to have to rebuild it 2 days later, it's just nuts. Thanks for finally creating an event that is not fun to play.

RazorbackPirate

This has got to be the worst event ever. I am literally having to sit at my computer for hours a day doing incessant repetitive quests. Complete 20 productions from your age. Complete 15 5-minute productions. Collect 500,000 supplies. Increase your happiness by 3,000. Increase your happiness by 5,000. When you are in the advanced ages and it takes 18 hours to build a cultural building, only to have to rebuild it 2 days later, it's just nuts. Thanks for finally creating an event that is not fun to play.
I'll just take this as sarcasm.

The tasks are exactly like all the other events, most of which are in the Daily Challenge as well. It takes one second to build a cultural building. The moment you put it down you get credit for it. If you were in advanced ages you'd know that by now. Nice troll. Lol.

DawnLight the Just

I'll just take this as sarcasm.

The tasks are exactly like all the other events, most of which are in the Daily Challenge as well. It takes one second to build a cultural building. The moment you put it down you get credit for it. If you were in advanced ages you'd know that by now. Nice troll. Lol.
What a jerk. Yes, they are all similar, but this one has you doing them all back to back to back to back. At least the others were more varied and you had a few days between similar quests. No need to respond to further posts. I've been here a lot longer than you and know how to play the game without making stupid mistakes like confusing housing (which you get credit for immediately) with cultural buildings (which you don't.)

DeletedUser

What a jerk. Yes, they are all similar, but this one has you doing them all back to back to back to back. At least the others were more varied and you had a few days between similar quests. No need to respond to further posts. I've been here a lot longer than you and know how to play the game without making stupid mistakes like confusing housing (which you get credit for immediately) with cultural buildings (which you don't.)
Actually, if the quest calls for increasing population then you don't get credit immediately and if the quest calls for building a cultural building then you do get credit immediately, so it depends on the quest not on the type of building.
Let us all know how much room it takes to put up enough Gates of the Sun God to reach 5,000 happiness. We'll all be waiting with bated breath.
It only takes a 2x2 space because you can build and sell one at a time until done.

When you talk to someone in a condescending manner, you should know what are talking about, or you just come off looking foolish. And I've learned that from experience. :)

RazorbackPirate

Let us all know how much room it takes to put up enough Gates of the Sun God to reach 5,000 happiness. We'll all be waiting with bated breath.
In answer to your question, 4 squares. Build, sell. Build, sell. Build sell. In ME, it would take 11 Gates or Faces, OE, just 4. As Stephen mentioned, it is only the Happiness quests that need the Cultural Building to be completed. If it just asks for you to build a Cultural Building, then you also get credited the moment you build it, without it needing to complete. There is no confusion about building type, but there was incomplete information on your part.

Regardless, why are you waiting 18 hours to complete a happy quest? It only takes 125 tiles of ME Alley to cover 5000 Happy. Delete 25 tiles, rebuild, delete rebuild, just 5 times and you're done. Even less at higher ages.

With the Quests presented 2 at a time, I can understand why your perception of this event is different, but all Quest lines are presented back to back to back.

Agent327

I've been here a lot longer than you and know how to play the game without making stupid mistakes like confusing housing (which you get credit for immediately) with cultural buildings (which you don't.)

Strong statement, but...

just killed it.