• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New Great Building: Uplink Hub

DeletedUser32389

This building works along the lines of the Voyager: For your first x plunders you have x % chance to get a random unattached troop of the age of the building you plundered. Maybe with a passive buff too (but nobody late game really cares about passive boosts)

Too crazy? Not useful?
ghost_shell_main.0.png

DeletedUser34800

Hmmm. I'm not sure it would be useful. Would definitely depend on it's secondary bonus. As it stands now, GE and Alcatraz give more than enough random troops to cover almost everyone's needs.

Even before the Alcatraz, GE was giving me all the random, unattached units of my age that I needed. 3 rogues hideouts and events/daily challenges provided me with all the rogues I needed. Once I built the Alcatraz, I had more rogues than I could use doing advanced C-map, GE, and some GvG.

So, again, I'm not sure this GB would be useful or is needed, but I am open to have my mind changed.

DeletedUser29623

Don’t most plunderers go for terrace farms and palaces? I use the earliest age TFs I’ve got so they don’t require as much population and I bet not that many players keep their palaces up-to-age, either. Not sure a plunderer would put much value in the HMA troops from my TFs

DeletedUser32389

Not sure a plunderer would put much value in the HMA troops from my TFs
This would actually be useful for me. I like to be able to hit in lower ages, but without building those barracks (and the subsequent loss of rogue production from my traz) So, for my play style, having a trickle of lower age troops would be useful...
Still not sure it's worth it, IDK. Thanks for chiming in everyone

DeletedUser30312

Not necessarily a bad idea, but the first VF GB is combat related, so I think the next one probably shouldn't be.

Musak99

At first this didn't seem all that interesting. Then I remembered that if sitting at the top of tech, you sometimes end up in a hood with many players that are 1 and even 2 ages ahead of you. A tech sprinter with a weak defense that had built a current age deco for a quest could be hit easily every day. So while in ME that would result in 1 CE champ, 2 tanks and 4 AA's?? That shouldn't be too big of a problem in the game...... for me :D
I know that you can quest ahead on the c map for some odd troops but this could really shake things up a bit.

Musak99

I just read what I finished writing. Ok, not a deco, that's just silly. Lets call it a residential or something that can actually be plundered :p