• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fall Event 2018 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

Jase249

I've been reluctant to build the Mill of Fall in either of my cities. I prefer the stats on the Colorful Mill, but I'm not big on the color scheme. I'm afraid if I go with the Colorful Mill, It will end up in inventory, because I don't like it in my city. Especially with the animation, the Colorful Mill screams "Look at me!"

On the other hand, I like the green of the Sunflower Mill. To me, it's much more visually appealing. Problem is, I don't really need the extra goods, and the extra medals will only be useful for a short while. I'm afraid it will end up in inventory because of it's limited value.

Now that City Planner has released the new Event buildings and I can see them in my City, I'm torn. I've yet to see anything other than the Colorful Mill in other people's cites, so it's even hard to compare.

So, Colorful or Sunflower? Thoughts people?

I went with the Colorful Mill and put it next to a bunch of green stuff so it looks farm-ish. It agree it looks kind of gaudy, but 3FP/5goods out of a 3x3 is too good to not build.

In my other city I put it next to the Tholos of Idols so at least it's like "Oh, that's just where he puts event buildings".

DeletedUser34800

I picked the Colorful Mill of Fall as well. As stated, 3 FPs and goods is just too nice for a free building I got by playing the event.

Still, I have to agree, it is just unappealing. I put it behind my newly acquired and maxed Cider Mill, and lined them up to be a 3x9. The Colorful Mill had a redish base with a hay roof and some white on the walls, looking much like the Cider Mill building. So, even though I don't like the top of it, it all looks like one nice building and flows together.

Edit: https://imgur.com/a/vCwDkkC

Like this

Last edited by a moderator:

RazorbackPirate

I picked the Colorful Mill of Fall as well. As stated, 3 FPs and goods is just too nice for a free building I got by playing the event.

Still, I have to agree, it is just unappealing. I put it behind my newly acquired and maxed Cider Mill, and lined them up to be a 3x9. The Colorful Mill had a redish base with a hay roof and some white on the walls, looking much like the Cider Mill building. So, even though I don't like the top of it, it all looks like one nice building and flows together.

Edit: https://imgur.com/a/vCwDkkC

Like this
That's a similar configuration I'm planning in both my cities, adjacent to the Prosperous Mill. I agree, at the bottom they look great together. I especially like the bump out side building that fits so well with the Cider Mill. But that top. Oy!

I've seen the Colorful Mill in a few later era cities where the color scheme of the city overall is brighter with more animations and it looks a bit better. Just another thing competing with the rest of the visual noise. I've got the Colorful Mill in my City Planner prototype cities hoping it might grow on me, we'll see. The jury is still out on this one.

On the other hand, the Prosperous Mill will go down in my HMA city today. That one I have no problems with.:)

DeletedUser35753

I went with sunflower. My thinking was as follows and may not apply to you but may to others:

I'm still earlyish in the game. Medals still count for me, as far as expansions go. I don't have a death star of an arc to mint them with.

The goods are niceish now but not tons compared to the rest of my production. But eventually i'lI hit ME and the goods then (assuming I 1-up/Reno) will be very cool.

2 FP isn't as great as 3 FP, but it's still pretty good for 9 squares. 2 SoKs is 8 squares.

So overall the Sunflower mill feels well balanced to me, both now and in the future. And it looks great.

DeletedUser34800

@RazorbackPirate I won the fall residential 2x2 trees finally, and this is what I have landed on for my Mill of Fall.

https://imgur.com/a/ANERf1l

I feel like the fall trees blend the yellow of the MoF blades pretty well, and the blue Mill base meshes with the pond behind it. With the base looking like the Cider Mill a good deal, it allows me to lose sight of the MoF top and just enjoy the scenery around it. The pond in the back also looks like it runs under the MoF, under the water well, and around the Cider Mill. Ties everything in nicely.

I like the other buildings anyway. I enjoy these event themed buildings. Anyways, just my set up and opinion. Hope it helps.

RazorbackPirate

@m9silent12 I like the final configuration. Especially how you've got your Rogues hiding out in the apple orchard.

I put down my Cider Mill and built the MoF up to level 6 in my HMA while I decide. I like the look so far.

MoF-CM.jpg
2 FP isn't as great as 3 FP, but it's still pretty good for 9 squares. 2 SoKs is 8 squares.
And it looks great.
Actually, the Sunflower Mill and 2 SoKs are equal when you take into account the roads. Each SoK needs a minimum of 1 road tile, so each SoK requires 5 tiles minimum, that's 10 tiles. The Mof, also requires one road tile minimum, or 10 tiles.

Since I do RQs, neither the goods or the medals are that impactful for me. In HMA, the Sunflower Mill puts out 37 medals per day. Pretty respectable for HMA, but when you get 75 medals each time an RQ hits on them, and you hit on them multiple times a day, they're kind of. no big deal. Magnified on the goods. But it looks great.

I still don't know.

- KQ -

I've been reluctant to build the Mill of Fall in either of my cities. I prefer the stats on the Colorful Mill, but I'm not big on the color scheme. I'm afraid if I go with the Colorful Mill, It will end up in inventory, because I don't like it in my city. Especially with the animation, the Colorful Mill screams "Look at me!"

On the other hand, I like the green of the Sunflower Mill. To me, it's much more visually appealing. Problem is, I don't really need the extra goods, and the extra medals will only be useful for a short while. I'm afraid it will end up in inventory because of it's limited value.

Now that City Planner has released the new Event buildings and I can see them in my City, I'm torn. I've yet to see anything other than the Colorful Mill in other people's cites, so it's even hard to compare.

I'm not that into aesthetics in my cities, but sometimes things appall me in spite of that. The colorful mill is ugly and I thought that when I built it. However with my city in wide view I can see that it's colors match up with Wishing Wells. Innovation Tower, the Royal Ship, Arc and Arctic Orangery.

I built the Colorful for the forge points. It's still ugly.

DeletedUser36441

Feedback.
1 - I always enjoy all of the new events... Although it looks (feels) like im in the minority here, but I really do enjoy the rewards from each. Especially with the uniqueness of the buildings.
2 - This event, I made out really well with something in the order of 7 Cider mill upgrades :) So im sitting on 2 prosp, and waiting to get another cider mill that I can upgrade.
3 (complaint) - The last reward sounded really great before I started (3 ingredients of each)... But didnt realize that I cant finish the questline since its giving them to me 1 / day... Which means that last day better have a really good prize to get or its basically just worthless ingredients. I would have preferred to be given the chance to finish the questline ahead of tine so I can use the ingredients on the prize that I choose.
4 - Keep up the good work, I did enjoy the rather easy questline, as it has mostly been about productions without royally ruining my daily collections etc...

DeletedUser32973

I appreciate the format of this event for the grand prize. There aren't any gambling shenanigans to get a fully upgraded prize w/o diamonds. I'm guessing we won't receive a surprise mill of fall upgrade in the DS this time though (replaced by the cider mill/cider mill upgrades I assume).

Kesto11

135 ingredients spent. 1 daily special won. The %s are too close to matter much, so it's just crappy odds. Level 7
mill is good, but I got that two weeks ago, so I've completed quests and waited the past entire two weeks for nothing. Was hoping to snag some RH shrink kits, but Inno's low odds RNG gave me the middle finger.

DeletedUser36441

Oddly enough the baking system gave me the same figures of ingredients in my world where i wasn't playing the event......

I'm concerned about your apprenticeship status .... shouldn't you be a MASTER CHEF ?

Right? I've done the same, and only sitting on Apprentice as well.... I can only imagine how many diamonds people are dropping on this competition. The cost is insane as well (150 Diamonds for a single ingredient!)

DeletedUser35753

My final thoughts on the event...

I enjoyed the dual quest line while that was running. It meant that it felt like there was always something event related to do, plus being able to churn through quests like that was cool. I did feel like the level of the quests was a bit harder than the last couple of events, but that may just be because when the event started I'd recently moved up an age. It wasn't a problem, just a little more challenging.

Unlike a lot of folks I didn't really mind the ingredients in the DC's. There's at least one occasion where I was blocked from baking any further because I had no matching ingredients and the DC got me another run. I kind of see the DC's as a total toss up. I know there are chests that guarantee 5 BP or 30 FP or whatever, but they'll always come around again. I can't imagine getting even the least bit concerned about missing something in a DC here or there.

My aim for the event was to try to get a Cider Mill plus upgrades because I wasn't playing yet last year when they were offered, and it looks like a good fit for me. My luck completely failed me the first time it came up, so since I didn't know if I'd get the base cider mill at all, I didn't go for upgrade kits. Instead I went after a few other things - Rogue Hideouts, Rogue Hideout shrink kits, and the two minor event buildings (the pond and forest). I was really successful with those. And when the Cider Mill came round again, I got it with the second item I baked, so now I'm hoping for the upgrades to eventually show up in DC chests.

I liked the extra layer of having to balance ingredients as well as picking the item you wanted to bake to improve your chance of getting the daily special or based on what you might like that the item had as other possibilities. It may just be my run of bad luck, but I felt that it was way less likely that you could get the item you were aiming for than in previous events like the pirate one, where with a bit of wheel strategy you could easily pick up whatever you desired (as proven by the folks with cities full of Sunken Treasures).

So many people seem to still miss how the league table works. I've seen people complain in global chat, as well as the posts everyone else has seen here in the forums, about how Inno "changed" the levels. I actually like the league table. To me it's a great way for Inno to reward the folks who spend on events without preventing those of us who may not from also enjoying the main prizes. I get that I'll probably not get better than the middle league without spending, and I'm cool with it. Incidentally, in the soccer event, I made it to the silver league on X without using diamonds. I'm not sure what Inno could do to make it clearer to folks how the league table actually works - I mean, people wander through the ages still building unboosted goods buildings...

Very happy with my Sunflower Mill, which looks fantastic next to the pond of fall. Not sure how long I'll keep the minor event buildings around, but they sure do look seasonal.

DeletedUser30312

Silly Inno, put Rogue Shrinks up the day after Cider Mills are up again and I'm out of ingredients AND all caught up on the quest line so I can only earn more by getting lucky with incidents and the DC. After all, those are only the only two dailies I cared about here.... :rolleyes:

Still, I can't really complain. I managed to pick up 7 more Cider Mills for a total of 10 in my city which will provide a nice, solid core for DC completions. Much better than I was hoping for. And I got 2 Rogue Shrinks earlier, and it's possible they'll appear again, so not a huge loss.

RazorbackPirate

My sentiments on the Fall Event are very much in line with @espoti-the-confused although I'm still undecided about Event Currency being added to the Daily Challenge chests.

I am disappointed that Inno chose to have the Event go out with a fizzle and not with a Bang! To save all those ingredients until the very end then give us the choice to either spend them today on a Reno Kit or save them until tomorrow for a Store Building is a bit ... underwhelming. Another chance at a Rogue Hideout Shrink Kit, more Cider Mill Upgrades, even WW or SoK Fragments would have been better. Yawn, who cares.

According to the clock, there is a possibility of one more 'as yet undetermined' Daily Special that will run for the last 3 hours of the event. I suspect I'll hold out to see if we do get one more DS. I just hope it's not the 10% Attack Boost.:)

DeletedUser35560

My sentiments on the Fall Event are very much in line with @espoti-the-confused although I'm still undecided about Event Currency being added to the Daily Challenge chests.

I am disappointed that Inno chose to have the Event go out with a fizzle and not with a Bang! To save all those ingredients until the very end then give us the choice to either spend them today on a Reno Kit or save them until tomorrow for a Store Building is a bit ... underwhelming. Another chance at a Rogue Hideout Shrink Kit, more Cider Mill Upgrades, even WW or SoK Fragments would have been better. Yawn, who cares.

According to the clock, there is a possibility of one more 'as yet undetermined' Daily Special that will run for the last 3 hours of the event. I suspect I'll hold out to see if we do get one more DS. I just hope it's not the 10% Attack Boost.:)

I felt like the prizes weren't that great

DeletedUser34800

I got what I wanted, so I'm good there. Got 2 maxed out Cider Mills. I'm happy. Got the special buildings for this event (even the ugly Colorful Mill of Fall) and all placed nicely. So, my cities looking good.

As stated earlier, liked the dual quest line. Keep it. I agree that there should be a way to refresh the available recipes. Didn't like the forced C-Map quest, but did it. Would prefer no more of those. Otherwise, fine event. I enjoyed it.

I'm looking forward to the Halloween event coming up. The possibilities for cool looking event buildings is endless.