• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Proposal Idea: Diamond (or FP) Auction house.

DeletedUser32824

I'm not officially proposing this; but I wanted a place to hash out the idea and see what people thought.

What if there was a way to put an item up for auction for either FP or diamonds that other players on your world could purchase?

Players could be limited to one active auction per world and to prevent selling items cheaply to one's self via a push account there could be no "buy it now" feature, so the players with the highest bids would come out on top, not the first person to see a good deal.

What could be sold? I was thinking any inventory item except FP, which would include boosts, buildings, event building upgrade kits etc. Players would also need to pay an up front diamond or FP cost to list something on the Auction House.

Why would this be good?
  • For players it would be a good way to get rid of buildings they didn't want in exchange for FP or diamonds, which most players do want. This would especially be good for sets that players are missing 1 or 2 buildings for.
  • For inno this could drive people to spend more diamonds, especially the players willing to drop cash on them.
  • People that normally do not have diamonds could have a decent amount and be more willing to spend them (and maybe a bit more cash) during events.
  • Inno would make a diamond or FP revenue from the list cost of items on the AH. (I know they don't actually make anything, but taking more diamonds out of the economy would increase the desire of diamonds throughout the economy.
How could this be bad?
  • For players they might not like to make the choice between keeping and selling an item
  • Players might not want to spend time perusing the auction house for good deals or checking in on a soon to expire deal.
  • Players who "pay to win" would have access to buildings that are not normally acquirable by this playstyle (multiple unique event buildings like the dark doorway, Magnum Opus, or anything from GE). This would give these players an already large advantage in the GVG or PVP arena, being able to buy loads of watchfires or event buildings with %attack without actually playing the event.
  • This would probably tank inno's diamond sales during events because it would likely be cheaper to buy loads of event buildings and upgrades off the Auction House than buying event currency, but perhaps there could be some kind of limit in this regard.

An alternate to this idea could be setting up a trade house, where people trade items for items. For example: I could trade a mill of fall upgrade kit and ask for a ship upgrade kit, and that could benefit the person who has a lvl 6 mill and me who has a lvl 6 ship. There could be an FP or diamond cost to list something in this house.

Please, if you have feedback, go into some kind of depth about why you feel the way you do about this idea.

Jase249

Ognor's right. Inno isn't stupid enough to put a system in place that would hurt their own sales.

DeletedUser32824

Ognor's right. Inno isn't stupid enough to put a system in place that would hurt their own sales.
I'm sure that they/we could figure out a way to make it profitable for them. Maybe it costs diamonds to purchase an auction house token and with that token you can either bid on or list an item. I feel like there is a creative way around it.

That's what this thread is for. If we think the idea is decent enough we can try and develop it. But if enough people think it's a bunk idea then I'll scrap it :)

RazorbackPirate

Like most of the proposals of this nature, it will always be the same things offered up, which no one really wants anyway. You gonna part with an extra Gong of Wisdom? I need one. But at the rate I'm going, I don't think I'll ever need my 5th Sakura Rock. You want that?

You gonna put up your Magnum Opus or Dark Doorway? I'm not. Why do you think others would? I may get to the point where I have more Terrace Farms than I have space for. You might want it because you've never been able to complete GE 4. Am I going to sell it to help you? Hell no! Why would I do that? You want a Terrace Farm? Win your own.

Tell me, what is the value of a Face of the Ancients in a market flooded with them? Or the value of a Rogue Hideout in an FE hood? I'm thinking not much. I'm not putting up anything of real value. Even if I can't ever use it.

Last edited:

Agent327

Abuse is right around the corner in more than one way. You can limit that a bit by allowing only players in the same age to offer and bid, but that still would not stop it.

Emberguard

Hard to say if this would have any actual value to Inno's FoE. I've seen auction houses be quite successful for a game before, but it was an auction for the premium currency (diamond equivalent) which was not so easily obtained outside of either using real money or the auction house. And any premium in the auction house was put up by another player that had bought it.

Problem is Blue prints are so easy to obtain with the arc being a thing and already being able to buy with a set amount of diamonds - so auction for BPs would be next to worthless even if it was purely a diamond + FP auction. I wouldn't expect BPs to go for more then 10FPs or 200 Diamonds (unless its a GB that was just released).

Coins are limited in what they can be used to buy and are very common - so even if they were the currency used for the auction they'd have very little meaning until the way FPs bought with them is made more efficient

Event buildings would definitely have the extras put up..... but if it's spammed in the auction house because everyone has odd upgrades it's not going to have much value.

So unless a player has inventory so full there's stuff they're never going to place you can bet you won't see much shrines of knowledge or terrace farm. And if you did just how many FPs or Diamonds are people going to hand over? They're available every other event / GE respectively. Those who would have the FPs/Diamonds to fork over could just as easily spam an event or complete GE to get them.

I'm sure a auction would be used, just not sure it'd be adding much value to the game due to the way everything is currently structured

If Diamonds could not be obtained outside of buying them or receiving a once off email I could see value in having a auction with an option to sell Diamonds for either goods, FPs or both.

Last edited:

DeletedUser31372

You are right Inno loves getting people to buy their Diamonds. Seems they know when you are low and make sure you have to buy or lose what you have gotten so far in.

DeletedUser32824

You gonna put up your Magnum Opus or Dark Doorway? I'm not.
Maybe all I really want is an upgrade kit trading post :) Or maybe inno just makes me able to trade 2:1 of different upgrade kits for one I want.

Thank you all for the feedback though :)