• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What about adding The Alamo as a GB

DeletedUser33045

The Alamo is a monument to a historical event in Texas. Thought that it could be a GB Does anyone else think so?

DeletedUser8428

The Alamo is a monument to a historical event in Texas. Thought that it could be a GB Does anyone else think so?
Nope.

Where would you suggest it fit in? Can't really add it to existing eras, so what was your thought?

ODragon

Where would you suggest it fit in? Can't really add it to existing eras, so what was your thought?
It would fit in the industrial map the best. While I can always use another A/D boosting GB, we just got the TA which does exactly what I would imagine something like the Alamo would do.

It could make a nice event building, giving a non-upgradable A/D boost for both attacking and defending

Algona

/me crawls out from under my bridge.

Back in the 1930s... Four passengers, a German, a Frenchman, a Mexican, and a Texan, on a Gooney Bird flying over the Rockies. Pilot comes over the intercom: "We've lost an engine and won;t make it over the mountains with our current load. We need three of you to get off the plane or we won;t be able to get this shipment of medicine to Denver. We don't have any parachutes."

Stunned silence.

The Frenchman suddenly stands, salutes the other three, shouts "Vive la France!", jumps out of the airplane and falls to his death.

The German, not to be outdone stands up, salutes the other two, shouts, "Deutschland uber Alles!", jumps out of the airplane and falls to his death.

The Texan stands up, shouts, "Remember the Alamo!", and throws the Mexican out of the plane.

Meanwhile on Topic: Kinda like ODragon's idea. I guess? Not a GB anyway.

Last edited:

DeletedUser10720

If there is no issue with the concept of putting a *remodeled* terra cotta army in the virtual future era, i dont see why the same couldn't be done for the alamo.

Though this is simply talking about the skin model of the GB. Which has very little, if any, value to it. It's effects would be the actual concern for the majority.

But there are many existing monuments and historical structures that, for whatever reason, have not made it into this game that I believe could be more appealing to the masses than the alamo.

DeletedUser29623

Aren’t most of the GBs architecturally significant? (Except for the ToB, which is mythical.)

Mustapha00

There is precedent for adding a GB to an Age which already has two.

I'd have to know what powers it would have before I could comment further.

Agent327

There is precedent for adding a GB to an Age which already has two.

I'd have to know what powers it would have before I could comment further.

Why? Can you come up with one example of a GB proposed on a forum other than the beta that made it into the game?

DeletedUser30312

Well, the Alamo would make the most sense in Indy, and since one of Indy's two GB's is the Crapitol, it wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea.

Zatrikon

There are so many great historical buildings, you can't incorporate them all into the game. Just off the top of my head:

There's the rest of the Seven Wonders: Great Pyramid of Giza, Colossus of Rhodes, Hanging Gardens of Babylon, etc.
Leaning Tower of Pisa
Angkor Wat
Gateway Arch
Any of the monuments in D.C.: Washington, Lincoln, Jefferson
The Pentagon
Tower Bridge
"Big Ben"
Taj Mahal
Kansai Airport
Hoover Dam
North Sea Dam
The Chunnel
Statue of Liberty
Sydney Opera House
Eiffel Tower
Brandenburg Gate
Mount Rushmore
Any of the big Aztec pyramids
Parthenon

If they redesigned this game from scratch, they could have 5-7 GBs from each age, make them much smaller (2x2 up to 4x4), each one takes only 4 bloops, say, and they'd all be proportionally less powerful than the current GBs.

RazorbackPirate

So the Oracle and Kraken are real?
The Oracle of Delphi is real.

220px-Delphi_tholos_cazzul.JPG

Mustapha00

Why? Can you come up with one example of a GB proposed on a forum other than the beta that made it into the game?
I was referring to the fact that Inno has introduced a third GB into various Ages; I can't speak as to whether those GBs were based on player suggestions or if Inno came up with the concepts themselves.

I refrained from commenting on the wisdom (or lack of same) of the Alamo specifically because I've read no real recommendations as to what benefits the GB would have.

Agent327

I refrained from commenting on the wisdom (or lack of same) of the Alamo specifically because I've read no real recommendations as to what benefits the GB would have.

Even with recommendations it doesn't matter. You can discuss it till you see blue in the face. Inno will do nothing with it.

Mustapha00

Even with recommendations it doesn't matter. You can discuss it till you see blue in the face. Inno will do nothing with it.
That is true of most things.

However, hope springs eternal, as they say. The suggestion not made is certainly not debated.