• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder progress

DeletedUser24719

Perhaps because actions often speak louder than words. But to be honest no one gives a crap about your skill at plundering! let your world stats speak for themselves!! Braggarts we can do without!

DeletedUser36624

Last hood I had one hoodie who sent a complaint every day, even though I didn't respond back. They eventually stopped playing the city, and I was curious whether I had actually driven them to quit the game. At some point, I discovered foestats.com (awesome, BTW), so I looked up some of my unsatisfied customers. Generally, they have 5-10 equally mediocre cities, and if they are getting plundered in one world, they just go play their other cities. Because they have so many cities, they just want to be able to hop into each one, collect and reset, and not have to worry about when they do each one, or about setting up defenses to meet particular attackers.

I have to wonder what would they do if we were NPC attackers. Do they kvetch at the barbarians or city states in Civ?

DeletedUser15539

I normally don't plunder, but in the current neighborhood I'm making an exception. Several months ago I dropped FP on a GB, not realizing that the Player had quit the game. Geeze, if you've stopped playing, disconnect your city so others won't waste their FP on you. So who was in the neighborhood this past week but that same Player. And after several inactive months his goods buildings still had finished production, to offer restitution.

DeletedUser28754

I aid everyone when the hood changes. If they do not aid back I attack and plunder. If a hoodrat complains or cries, I will make it a point to ensure I attack them every 24 hours and selectively choose what I plunder (FP or goods anger them the most).

I only plunder if it is something of use. Coins and production are of little use to me, but goods and FPs I can always use or trade.

DeletedUser34800

@DreadfulCadillac Ha. Well, more power to you (not sarcasm). I can't find the...care to bother.

Plundering takes so much effort, when aiding is so much easier. Just one click....

But plundering is great! It always warms my heart to see someone try to steal my stuff, only to lose to my defense. It really makes my day.

DeletedUser30312

Hello everyone. I follow this thread religiously and I enjoy it immensely. I recently advanced to EMA after spending a few months in IA building a solid city. After being able to attack everyone without tracking whether they had PvP enabled, I started attacking/plundering daily. I received my first few messages from plunderees, but none matched the one attached.

Oooh, throw down the race card! As if we really know (or care) who's on the other end.

I aid everyone when the hood changes. If they do not aid back I attack and plunder. If a hoodrat complains or cries, I will make it a point to ensure I attack them every 24 hours and selectively choose what I plunder (FP or goods anger them the most).

I used to aid and then attack people who didn't bother aiding in return, but that left out too many good targets once my Atlantis went in. Now I attack everyone at least once to see how they defend and to see if they have effective goods. My priorities go something like this:

• Spearfighters. Easy tower points on the lower ages unless I get some hardcore GvGers in the hood. Recently, I've been running into more spear killers as well; anyone whose points on a tower is a multiple of 216 is almost certainly whacking the Spearfighters, and I've been seeing more of this.
  • Stupidly easy opponents. These are the guys that have units from 3 ages lower, put one or two units on defense, especially if one of them is a rogue, or 8 of the same unit. Often these are paired with a really weak defense bonus.
  • Properly boosted set pieces. This is where the real rewards are once you get an Atlantis Museum. The Maharaja's Palace, Zen Zone, Queen Statue, Moose Meadow, Toymaker, and Sugar Baker are great sources of loot if properly boosted. A level 2 Emperor's Entrance has a decent FP take. If these aren't available, some side pieces like the palace towers aren't bad if they have a boost. Downside is that people who have proper set pieces also tend to know how to collect on time, defend, and can even successfully counter attack, but the risk is worth it.
  • People without sets who have boosted goods. No fps here, but getting lucky with 60 goods is good in its own way.
  • Terrace Farms. Usually people who put these in use them for FP, but it's a bit risky. People who have TFs tend to be good players like the proper set builders, and there's also the risk of the TF being used to make supplies for a DC or just as a trap.
Last hood had some rough spots for me, there were two guys in the top 10 who were able to beat me and occasionally helped themselves to some plunder, but I was able to attack and plunder them right back. They were in the same guild, one of the top 5, so I assume they were coordinating. One guy was using a Commando with 7 Rogues which was pretty nasty for a PE hood; I switched up my defense to put in a bunch of Snipers. Since he was generally attacking around the same time every day, I chugged a bunch of defense boosts I had built up in my inventory. He unfortunately attacked later after the boost wore off, and while he beat me again, this was the result:

loss1.jpg

I'll take the death of the Commando as a small strategic victory. His buddy was attacking me with a Bazooka Team + 7 as well, and twice I killed the Bazookas even though I lost. At the very least, my defenses cost them diamonds to revive the advanced units, or they let the units die off without being able to replace them. A bigger loss for them than anything they plundered from me.

I mustn't have been the only person plundering last hood either. There was one neighbor I never even attacked because she was keeping a city shield going the whole time. She was really burning through her silver.

The current hood's pretty quiet by comparison, I've only been attacked once or twice so far.

DeletedUser34800

Oooh, throw down the race card! As if we really know (or care) who's on the other end.

I used to aid and then attack people who didn't bother aiding in return, but that left out too many good targets once my Atlantis went in. Now I attack everyone at least once to see how they defend and to see if they have effective goods. My priorities go something like this:

• Spearfighters. Easy tower points on the lower ages unless I get some hardcore GvGers in the hood. Recently, I've been running into more spear killers as well; anyone whose points on a tower is a multiple of 216 is almost certainly whacking the Spearfighters, and I've been seeing more of this.
  • Stupidly easy opponents. These are the guys that have units from 3 ages lower, put one or two units on defense, especially if one of them is a rogue, or 8 of the same unit. Often these are paired with a really weak defense bonus.
  • Properly boosted set pieces. This is where the real rewards are once you get an Atlantis Museum. The Maharaja's Palace, Zen Zone, Queen Statue, Moose Meadow, Toymaker, and Sugar Baker are great sources of loot if properly boosted. A level 2 Emperor's Entrance has a decent FP take. If these aren't available, some side pieces like the palace towers aren't bad if they have a boost. Downside is that people who have proper set pieces also tend to know how to collect on time, defend, and can even successfully counter attack, but the risk is worth it.
  • People without sets who have boosted goods. No fps here, but getting lucky with 60 goods is good in its own way.
  • Terrace Farms. Usually people who put these in use them for FP, but it's a bit risky. People who have TFs tend to be good players like the proper set builders, and there's also the risk of the TF being used to make supplies for a DC or just as a trap.
Last hood had some rough spots for me, there were two guys in the top 10 who were able to beat me and occasionally helped themselves to some plunder, but I was able to attack and plunder them right back. They were in the same guild, one of the top 5, so I assume they were coordinating. One guy was using a Commando with 7 Rogues which was pretty nasty for a PE hood; I switched up my defense to put in a bunch of Snipers. Since he was generally attacking around the same time every day, I chugged a bunch of defense boosts I had built up in my inventory. He unfortunately attacked later after the boost wore off, and while he beat me again, this was the result:

View attachment 11274

I'll take the death of the Commando as a small strategic victory. His buddy was attacking me with a Bazooka Team + 7 as well, and twice I killed the Bazookas even though I lost. At the very least, my defenses cost them diamonds to revive the advanced units, or they let the units die off without being able to replace them. A bigger loss for them than anything they plundered from me.

I mustn't have been the only person plundering last hood either. There was one neighbor I never even attacked because she was keeping a city shield going the whole time. She was really burning through her silver.

The current hood's pretty quiet by comparison, I've only been attacked once or twice so far.

Ha. Love it. Losing their advanced age troops definitely cost them more than it's worth trying to attack. I would have spent the diamonds to resurrect them, so I feel like they would as well.

Also, I got a good laugh at the city shield part. Burning the tavern silver hahahaha. Definitely someone who didn't want to deal with anyone's shit in that neighborhood hahahaha.

DeletedUser32389

I tried to teach a neighbor how to arrange his Maharaja pieces so I can plunder more from the building :rolleyes:
I've done something simular with goods buildings that people don't have the boost for. Sometimes they take it well, most don't listen. That's fine, I'll just hit up the rest :)

DeletedUser36624

Today I am thankful for being able to sit on the couch with a belly full of turkey, using my phone to plunder 30 packs of goods from PC players. "Well, I'll be gone for awhile, should set up to get as much as I can before I get back."

DeletedUser36624

Oh god. Oh god. Oh god. Dilemma. Customer with a cherry set (but no gong), has goods production that just finished. Do I take the bird in the hand, or hold out for the two in the bush?