• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Choosing Friends

DeletedUser36705

Just curious what criteria others view as the most important when sending a friend request. For me personally, my #1 criteria is self-leveling, the faster the better. Though I am not a self-leveler, this offers the opportunity to reap a lot of rewards from their GBs. I would welcome any critique of this strategy. Do others do this? What else do you all look for?

DeletedUser36624

Right now, my most important considerations are tavern related. I want someone who will sit daily, has a decent tablecloth, and clears full taverns promptly. Tablecloth should be consistent with the general tavern development (checkered tablecloth in a tavern with blue floor and silver tray is a ). Tavern development should be consistent with overall age. In LMA, and your tavern isn't complete? You're either neglecting your tavern or racing up the tech tree too fast.

DeletedUser29623

I looked for friends in higher ages when hunting prints and also be also because I have a DynamicTower

DeletedUser34800

Me? I choose the top players in my neighborhood to add as friends, recycling older and lower friends if I need space. Couple reasons:

They're more likely to be and stay active, so aiding and taverns. Also, if the top guys are your friends, you're less likely to be attacked in the neighborhood (most people leave the top players alone, but the top players will attack anyone, if they like to plunder of course).

I'm always top 10, and currently #2 in my neighborhood, so it's rare that an invite gets turned down and even rarer that I get attacked. I always toss invites the day of the new neighborhood.

DeletedUser35195

First, I look for self-levelers. This is a must when sending or accepting friend invites.

Next priority is active aiding. I have a lot of buildings that need aid clicks, so that is always helpful.

Finally, someone who has a red tablecloth in their tavern and clears it out frequently.

DeletedUser31440

Receiving a friend request - tavern table cloth
Purging friend's list - aid and tavern activity
Adding friend's - hunting bp's/expanding a locking group/buying goods

Kranyar the Mysterious

With a Dynamic Tower I don't accept friend request unless I already know them, and if I get under 80 friends when I clear out the deadwood in my weekly check I send an invite to an VF or OF player I know is active.

On my worlds without a DT I will accept any friend request, but they won't be there the following week if they haven't aided me.

As far as getting rid of the deadwood, I do a weekly aid from my town hall to see who hasn't aided me that week, and for people over 100k xp I give 2 chances and then they are out, for 20k to 100k I give 1 chance, and for those under 20k if they haven't aided me that week then then they are out.

DeletedUser36624

Me? I choose the top players in my neighborhood to add as friends, recycling older and lower friends if I need space.

Down in EMA, my experience inviting top ppl from the hood has been a disappointment. Often the very tippy top is people who have been camped for a very long time, and they are uninterested in anything other than the reason they are camped. One major problem is that their tavern, though it may have 16 seats and a red tablecloth, only gets emptied once a day, when they come by to collect their WW farm, do their DC, their HQS, or whatever. They also will fall behind in age, and not level their GB's much or put up new ones.

Emberguard

They send friend request? Criteria met. Friend list full and they not aiding? Kick.

That's my criteria. Unless I know them from the forum or am familiar with the player. Then I will kick as many as needed to add them as a friend

DeletedUser32824

A couple months back I added like 50 people who had mid 20 to mid 30 arcs so I could snipe them as they leveled. It's probably earned me a couple thousand FP, but sometimes the turnaround for an investment can be like 2 weeks. Some people are not as quick about it as others!

And then the other chunk of my FL is people in an arc swap group I'm in and randoms who add me.

DeletedUser33036

I will generally only remove a friend if they mess up my arc leveling, or have been inactive a very long time. I accept all friend requests.

DeletedUser37459

Current focus is aiding daily but biggest is visiting my tavern daily and emptying their tavern as soon as possible once full.

DeletedUser3972

Do they aid regularly? Then we're good. I realize there are going to be days you can't log on, as real life happens, but when I aid from the Town Hall, I do a full clear to the end of the week. No aid in a week, I check to see if you posted a message about being on vacay, or something along those lines. No message, I give you the boot. People have dropped me for being inactive for just a couple of days, so I think this is pretty lenient.

DeletedUser11463

Will accept all add requests. I'm in the mid 90s on both worlds I play so can't send any myself. I periodically aid from the daily log and look for those who haven't aided for the week but have an open tavern slot. (This shows they were active that day but haven't aided at all over the past 5 days.) If I see their name like this more than a couple times they are booted. After all some people leave the game and some people just do nothing to help you. Either way, I don't need them on my list.
I don't automatically boot the first time. They might be away on vacation, etc. I never seem to fill up all the slots and I never get below 80, so it works for me.