• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter Event 2018

bobaz11

Every Quest comes with new buildings, but never any corresponding land. It would be helpful if land was included with the completion of an event.
Also, I have earned 50 and 100 Forge points at times and the next event asks to BUY 4-5 forge points. In order to complete the tasks, I need to spend the 50-100 forge points immediately. Could you put forge points into inventory?

DeletedUser31778

Wow, dedley! Did you seriously just call them scrooges after delivering one of the most epic rants about free stuff I've ever heard? Ebenezer himself didn't even complain about free stuff.
I would like to make a minor correction to your post - actually no, to the entire premise of your post. I have never, NEVER spent a single diamond on any event and I have the maximum level on the Thalos, Grand Bridge, and "so many others before". If you read through forums, you'll see people running the statistics and coming up with numbers like 98% probability of getting all the levels without spending diamonds. In fact, I usually end up with an extra upgrade that I end up throwing away.
So if you are indeed spending "massive amounts" of diamonds to upgrade these, you're doing something wrong. Oh wait, I read your post again and you said you've been skipping these events. So you don't actually know that those upgrades were possible, because you didn't actually try. Never mind. Carry on.

Thanks Inno for putting the work into providing more cool content. You guys do a great job!

DeletedUser34800

Awesome, another diamond mining event by Inno with YET ANOTHER event building with a FREAKING RIDICULOUS amount of upgrades that no doubt will be impossible to get without spending MASSIVE AMOUNTS of diamonds just like the Thalos, the Grand Bridge and so many others before. Another event I will skip and not turn my city and my game play completely upside down just to jump though Inno's hoops to try and get an UNATTAINABLE event building that will just sit in my inventory and collect dust WITH ALL THE OTHERS! Thanks Inno, glad to see you don't give a flying crap about the people who play your game, just about extorting as many diamonds from people and satisfying your insatiable greed. No wonder so many people have quit this game over the last year.

***If more people stop doing these ridiculous events to send a message to Inno that we won't do these ridiculous diamond mining events where it's impossible to get all the upgrades, they would be forced to change their ways. But as long as all the sheep keep doing them, nothing will ever change.***

HAPPY HOLIDAYS YOU GREEDY INNO SCROOGES!!!

Your way off here. Sorry you're too lazy to do the events, but all these buildings and their upgrades are and have been obtainable from F2P. Tholos? Upgrade was offered as a daily special. Easily able to get the max prize. Same goes with this building. If you read the beta forum, you'd know.

Instead, you'd rather come here and complain about something you know nothing about. How typical. Hell, they even got rid of the required tech research quest, thus not forcing people to age up when not ready to.

Try again troll. Oh, and maybe try to complete the event. I imagine if you actually completed the events, you'd have some maxed event buildings. Like the rest of us. Stop whining because you don't get rewarded for not doing the work.

DeletedUser35770

Any word if we’ll have to acquire one or two provinces for this event? The beta quest line up makes it look like two.

DeletedUser31731

Your feedback is always very important for us, so don't forget to comment here!

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!

Yours,
The Forge of Empires Beta Team
I was really looking forward to getting the missing pieces to last years Winter Village set. Are they maybe going to be offered in the dailies during December?

DeletedUser29726

I was really looking forward to getting the missing pieces to last years Winter Village set. Are they maybe going to be offered in the dailies during December?

They don't typically tell us what will or won't be in the special list, but they haven't been any of the specials in beta yet, so it's unlikely.

DeletedUser29726

Every Quest comes with new buildings, but never any corresponding land. It would be helpful if land was included with the completion of an event.
Also, I have earned 50 and 100 Forge points at times and the next event asks to BUY 4-5 forge points. In order to complete the tasks, I need to spend the 50-100 forge points immediately. Could you put forge points into inventory?

Land comes from advancing your city. Not getting more land is one of the tradeoffs for not advancing. If by chance you are at the end of the tech tree and continent map, you have plenty of land. Make some choices as to what's not worth the space.

Emberguard

Awesome, another diamond mining event by Inno with YET ANOTHER event building with a FREAKING RIDICULOUS amount of upgrades that no doubt will be impossible to get without spending MASSIVE AMOUNTS of diamonds just like the Thalos, the Grand Bridge and so many others before.

There were 59 quests for the event that gave the Tholos. I completed something like 43 and got a lvl 10 Tholos without ever spending diamonds and still got a spare upgrade sitting in my inventory. All for free. Those trophies they award post event? didn't even get an upgrade from that and didn't need to - cause like I said, already got a spare with only partially completing the event

Now even if that had not been the case, is it really a deal breaker if you only got lvl 8 or 9? Even lvl 1 is way better then the non-event alternatives and you barely even have to touch the event for that

Edit: If you can't complete the quests, and can't complete your building, what exactly is preventing you? Do you have too many worlds to focus on or just have certain quests that get in the way?

When I was new I used to think the same way. And it kinda would be nice to be able to buy without using what's already in our bar. But then I realised, if it did that - there would be no challenge. The event is based around your daily income. Anything beyond that would negate any challenge the event requires. So they keep popping in things like Buy X FPs to prevent the event from practically being auto completed just on spending event currency and winning FPs, or from DCs/GE etc

Last edited:
Is there stats published anywhere for the new Spire building? I'd like to know how much pop it provides (and it's other stats) so I can prepare a spot for it since I'll likely need to take something else out. Thx

Lady Rainna

FOE always provides interesting events and is always generous with prizes. I especially like the new buildings for this event, in appearance and ones that provide extra defense. Those plunderers are always after me from higher ages! Kudos to the devs and artists for always doing a remarkably good job!

BSkelton

Just watched the video on the Winter Event, looks very exciting and can't wait to get started. Not sure if it was part of the script, but the attitude Thi displayed at the end was very distasteful - Normally I enjoy her very much, but not in this video.