• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New Diamond Packages?

DeletedUser31440

I just started a new city on B world and a diamond offer I can't recall ever seeing has popped up. They are called "Diamond Starter Packages":

Diamond Starter..JPG

Weirdest thing though is it seems to maybe be a decent deal, if you are someone that buys diamonds.
49.99 for:
6500 diamonds (I'm guessing you get 500 diamonds each day for a week?)
1200 coins
1200 supplies
20 medals
3 bp's
40 fp's
1 of each premium BA building

Edit: Apparently 6500 diamonds immediately + 500 diamonds a day for a week. (10,000 diamonds for 49.99 plus other goodies, normally 11,000 diamonds would be 79.99)

Last edited by a moderator:

mamboking053

I like the wording of it, lol.

I imagine to a noob it seems like something you really should have. Nice, Inno.

Plus I've heard that new players tend to buy into games quickly in their first three months of playing- even before they understand that they may not like the game so developers tend to front-load the game with a lot of booster-deals to speed up initial game play and capitalize on this. Not complaining about it, but it's just funny to see how its done. I've actually done this before with other games, but there was more of a utilitarian value to it rather than an expediter.

It's not a bad deal if you settle down with the game, I suppose. It would basically amount to contributing market value to a free game that you enjoy and if you use the diamonds wisely, they can really help you snag some gb's or with early expansions. But this is for new people so I imagine they'd do something goofy like buy diamond cultural's and such.

DeletedUser30900

hold on, can i get this starter package even if i played 1.5 years already? Still a starter in my own eyes:)

DeletedUser31440

I don't spend money on the game, but I gotta give it to 'em, this is actually a decentish offer compared to the normal crap their slinging.

DeletedUser

How do you figure? It looks like 3000 immediate with 500 a day for a week to me.
I agree with @Kaidi on this. It reads to me like it is 6500 Diamonds immediately, along with the other stuff, and then another 500 Diamonds a day for a week. If you look at the small package, it says 300 Diamonds plus 50 Diamonds per day. If it was meant the way you're interpreting, that wouldn't work out mathematically.

DeletedUser

@Kaidi I think you and @Stephen Longshanks are right on that, any idea what a "Trigger Quest" is though? Maybe a tutorial DC that gives diamonds after buying the package?
View attachment 11358
Probably just a daily quest, like in an event, that 'triggers' (awards) the 500 daily Diamonds. Pretty smart actually. Income for Inno, and an early tutorial on events/quests for newbies.

Now I'm going to have to start a new city!!

Kaidi

lol. I filled out a questionnaire a month or two ago and one of the questions was what kind of stuff/offers would I like added to the game or something like that. I said at the time that I wish there was one of those deals where you could get a certain amount of game currency every day for a week or a month, when you log in. (In other games, it was a building that would disappear when it "ran out".) Wish it was for something other than just BA. :/

DeletedUser

Okay, so I started a city on Z, and got the package offer within 15 minutes. I bought it, and got 6500 Diamonds immediately along with a second quest slot that was ready to collect for 500 more Diamonds. It now has a timer counting down from 24 hours and a message saying that when it is ready to collect again, it will trigger another 24 hour timer until the next collection. So there seem to be no tasks, just daily collection. Great strategy for Inno, keeps the new players coming back every day for the first week. And then they're hooked...at least that's probably the idea. ;)

Update: I just went back to the Diamond shop out of curiosity and the first 3 offers are still there, but the one I bought ($49.99) is gone. So apparently you can buy each one if you want, but only once each.

Update2: Curiosity again. Went to a city on another world, and there was no Special Offer tab currently in the Diamond Shop. Back to new city, Special Offer tab still there.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser33179

I can confirm that those same offers always show up the 1st day you start a new city, & are available to purchase within that city for 6 days only. You do have to log back after at least 24hours have passed to get the next batch of diamonds, given free in the extra quest slot, as @Stephen Longshanks describes. You have to collect that batch before it'll count down 24hours to the next batch - can't just go back in after 7 days & see all 7 waiting for you.

It's how I've been buying diamonds over the past year, as seems to be best deal Inno ever provides for solely diamonds - the 1st 3 work out to getting a full double amount of diamonds for the price of a single normal package amount (the highest priced one not quite double, but fairly close). I'll start a new city, buy whichever deal(s) I'm interested in, collect over each of the 7 days, then delete the city once done. It always shows up again each time I start another city. Never tried starting 2 new cities the same day to see if it is offered in both (never interested in buying that many diamonds at a time).

Kaidi

It's how I've been buying diamonds over the past year, as seems to be best deal Inno ever provides for solely diamonds

It sounds like it's partly geared toward existing diamond players, then, because while I *do* nearly always buy a little game currency when I start a game, just to check it out, I don't spend $50.

But it's a great deal, and I don't get the 3x offers some people do, so count me in for Christmas. lol.